Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Internet

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Manhattan Project

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Military-Industrial Complex

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oxford University, getting flight for free when everyone else is running around with cannons is HUGE.

I have a tie for my fav wonder, so I just picked one. The Pyramids, because you get all governments. Leonardo's Workshop because all units upgrade.

The Manhattan Project :nuke: is my classic finish after completely owning them off the continent :).

Magna Carta is coming in on top. Culture rules.

And BTW, 35 population in one city is quite impressive given that the game limit is 31. ;-)

I can't believe I'm the only one who picked Oxford university. Granted, the tech you get is pretty random, though far in the future.

I usually get pretty useful techs though.

I went with the Samurai Castle. That extra three attack combined with the extra attack from Fundamentalism can really do some damage.

Leonardo's Workshop. It's devastating for your opponents when you go from armies of Legions to Modern Infantry with one wonder.

I picked oxford, but I would say its a tie for my favorite with the hanging gardens. The Gardens are powerful, but so is Oxford so if I could have picked more than one I'd picked both. Also Manhattan Project I have found little use for . Every game I have played both sp and mp by the time the other guy rushes a nuke he is behind the curve and there forth vulnerable and even if you get nuked a bit of money and rushing buildings will fix your city. Also I find Leonardo's workshop to be 100% worthless since I play as the Germans.

Question: I built Leo's workshop (also my fav wonder) last night and it upgraded all of my warriors/legions/horsemen untis to knights, but it didn't upgrade my archers to riflemen even though I had discovered gunpowder a few turns earlier. I DID start and finish researching gunpowder while the workshop was being built... Is that why my archers didn't upgrade??

Question: I built Leo's workshop (also my fav wonder) last night and it upgraded all of my warriors/legions/horsemen untis to knights, but it didn't upgrade my archers to riflemen even though I had discovered gunpowder a few turns earlier. I DID start and finish researching gunpowder while the workshop was being built... Is that why my archers didn't upgrade??

Did they not even at least upgrade to pikemen?

Maybe you need the democracy tech for it to upgrade straight from archer to rifleman, since the archers upgrade line is first to pikemen, and then pikemen to riflemen.

That must be it. I was playing Blitzkrieg so I hadn't put much time into researching governments. I will be testing that tonight.

Top Bottom