Night of the Werewolves XXVIII Game Thread

Hmm. Perhaps the killer(s) are afraid of their victims being brought back from the dead?

That would be the obvious reason, and it may even be true.

(OOC: Pizza, if that was meant to be a vote for yourself to get the Eye, you need to bold/purple it.)

I believe the Eye should go to the person who has a recipe that can use it, if that person is willing to step forward in public. If not, then it should go to someone with no recipe at all.

The Nature mage looks over to the Chaos mage, What he says makes sense, but only becuase he doubts that anyone from the other towers would want it. Still he felt uneasy about the Choas mage in possession of such an item and he eyes him carefully.

"I think Askthepizzaguy can hold onto his masters amulet for the time being. But I warn you, disruptions to our journey will not be tolerated and do not lose the amulet. No doubt it is important to our alteration ritual."​

If Askthepizzaguy wants the Eye, he may have it as far as I'm concerned.

I am sad to see a fellow Master fall to those within our own ranks. Especially when it is claimed that the only people that he was really in contact with were those of his own Tower.
I am sad to see him return to the Elements before his time...
I agree that his Amulet should stay within the tower of his peers though. The only thing I ask is that I may have a chance to examine it. Afterwards, I will gladly pass it on to whoever in the Tower of Necromancy claims it along with what information I may discover about it.
I also have no recipe and no reason to want it besides to satisfy my own courisity as well as help whoever recieves the Amulet understand what they have recieved.

I believe the Eye should go to the person who has a recipe that can use it, if that person is willing to step forward in public. If not, then it should go to someone with no recipe at all.

Beware, a recipe using an Eye of Necromancy may not be in everyone's best interest. Before this item goes to someone, we must know what purpose it is to be used for. Having someone from the Tower of Necromancy killed right off the bat seems odd, as Necromancers are often blamed for evil things. Our being alive makes us an easy scapegoat. I believe the evil ones wish to posses the power. If the Necromancers had a destructive or evil item to create, and we were in possession of such items, it would be a simple matter to construct it ourselves. I believe someone in the other houses wishes to take that power by force.

If any here wish to declare openly their intentions with the Eye of Necromancy, and detail exactly why it must be granted to them, then I will listen. But this item is not to be given to those who hide among us and murder. I will oppose such action until my own death. As I said before, the item is most definitely not an item that I want or need, and will be willing to give it to a righteous possessor when it is proven they are such a candidate. I feel confident in suggesting that I, Askthepizzaguy, or any other necromancer, should remain guardians of this power. Only we are skilled and trained in these arts, to grant it to anyone else without good cause is a blunder.

In addition, I must speak out against a potential threat. Our Master, Lord PaulusIII, was slain by a hidden enemy, and two others of our house were accused of evil by the Law Archmage, Frozen in Ice. I do not believe this is all coincidence. Chaos dictates that coincidence may happen, but my instinct tells me this is no such thing. I believe the Law Archmage seeks to destroy this house, or take by force the items we possess. I am watching you, Lawful one. I will not agree to let you have this item or its power, I do not trust you with it.

I will hear others' perspective on the recent events before I decide how I will proceed.

Spoiler :
I am sad to see a fellow Master fall to those within our own ranks. Especially when it is claimed that the only people that he was really in contact with were those of his own Tower.
I am sad to see him return to the Elements before his time...
I agree that his Amulet should stay within the tower of his peers though. The only thing I ask is that I may have a chance to examine it. Afterwards, I will gladly pass it on to whoever in the Tower of Necromancy claims it along with what information I may discover about it.
I also have no recipe and no reason to want it besides to satisfy my own courisity as well as help whoever recieves the Amulet understand what they have recieved.
After reading Master Sepuku's reasons for being granted the Eye, I would not object to his holding of the item.

(OOC- DE- could you update the OP? :p)

I would be happier with it in Sepuku's hands.

OOC: When you say majority, do you mean plurality, as is the standard method of determining a lynch (whoever has the most total votes)?

A majority would be 51% of the total votes, which means we may never lynch anyone unless there is an enormous bandwagon.

I mean a plurality, in that case.

It should be noted that the Eye is not a Reagent. It will be specified whenever an item appears, whether it is a reagent, and whether it is needed for the ritual. Since the Necromancer's Eye is not a reagent, you suspect it must have some other use.

Updating OP.

So, askthepizzaguy, are you accusing me of the Necromancer's untimely death? Well let me first say that I mentioned that I had a problem with you, and less so with the Entropy mage, but not the Necromancer. But I stated what I said earlier for two reasons. The first is that murder is completely unlawful in any light that you look at the subject! When one's brother is murdered, does one think that the murderer is a "nice, law abiding citizen"? When someone assaults you with the intent to maim, do you think in your last moments that “why, this kind man is only upholding the standards of justice”? Why, I can assure you they do not! Killing others for personal benefit is exactly of the sort chaotic injustice that caused people to come together as equals to dispel the chaos that plagued intelligent life in its infancy.

The second is that I admit that I let my disgust of your ideology give me preconceived bias as to your guilt. But I will say right now, that that is neither right, nor lawful, and so I must ask for your forgiveness for my flaw on that matter. But truly no one is perfect; you could even say that it is a law of intelligent beings to make it oh so apparent that we possess unimaginable amounts of ignorance. But I beg you; do not try to claim that you did not have an unwarranted dislike of me, for that notion should rightly fall on deaf ears.

But let’s not have any more of this pissing contest between us two individuals. As we are both Arch mages, we are both better than that, no matter our views of how the universe should ideally function. Not only are all of our own lives at stake; our fellow mages’ lives are at stake, this ritual is at stake, our nation’s very existence is at stake! Now we shall think these murders clearly through, and we shall catch the perpetrator and any cohorts that person might have in this ghastly business. But that will only happen if everyone works together by playing their part in this case. Fragmentation without reason, like we have already begun, and we might as well all kill ourselves just to save those murders some time.

Now, answer me, askthepizzaguy, Arch mage of Chaos, what will you do?

I am happier with the amulet in Sepuku's hands

"Very well. Let Sepuku learn what he can of the amulet, and then pass it to some other worthy archmage. The more people that have the chance to examine it themselves, the more difficult it would be for any one of them to deceive us."

"Sepuku shall have the amulet."

*raises eyebrows, would love to hear more*

Sepuku's plan has an element of wisdom to it, this much is clear.

But surely I, being the Master of Divination, would be be the more far-sighted choice to uncover the secrets of this strange object.

@Frozen In Ice:

Spoiler :
So, askthepizzaguy, are you accusing me of the Necromancer's untimely death? Well let me first say that I mentioned that I had a problem with you, and less so with the Entropy mage, but not the Necromancer. But I stated what I said earlier for two reasons. The first is that murder is completely unlawful in any light that you look at the subject! When one's brother is murdered, does one think that the murderer is a "nice, law abiding citizen"? When someone assaults you with the intent to maim, do you think in your last moments that “why, this kind man is only upholding the standards of justice”? Why, I can assure you they do not! Killing others for personal benefit is exactly of the sort chaotic injustice that caused people to come together as equals to dispel the chaos that plagued intelligent life in its infancy.

In all history, kings and tyrants, and their countless minions have engaged in acts of brutality and evil so heinous it boggles the mind, and because they retained a monopoly on the use of force, they were allowed to commit their atrocities in a perfectly legal manner. A code of laws is NO substitute for a code of ETHICS. The "law" has no conscience, as people do.

The second is that I admit that I let my disgust of your ideology give me preconceived bias as to your guilt. But I will say right now, that that is neither right, nor lawful, and so I must ask for your forgiveness for my flaw on that matter.
If you are not responsible for these murders, then I have no quarrel with you. Let us debate law and morality another time. I admit I am too eager to engage any rival when it pertains to matters of conscience, and I accept your apology and offer one of my own.

But truly no one is perfect; you could even say that it is a law of intelligent beings to make it oh so apparent that we possess unimaginable amounts of ignorance. But I beg you; do not try to claim that you did not have an unwarranted dislike of me, for that notion should rightly fall on deaf ears.

Perhaps not you, Archmage, I barely know you. It is the idea of law which represents a kind of pseudo-morality to me, based on the premise that whoever possesses military force can dictate what is right, for all laws must be enforced, and all laws are enforced by men with weapons. Morality is dictated not by the sword, but by the heart. By instinct. That is how I guide my conscience... but I agree, we should debate another time.

But let’s not have any more of this pissing contest between us two individuals. As we are both Arch mages, we are both better than that, no matter our views of how the universe should ideally function. Not only are all of our own lives at stake; our fellow mages’ lives are at stake, this ritual is at stake, our nation’s very existence is at stake!

As a Chaos Archmage, it is in my nature to set aside rigid rivalries and pursue the greater good. I am willing to set aside our rivalry for the greater good.

*bows with a flourish*

Now we shall think these murders clearly through, and we shall catch the perpetrator and any cohorts that person might have in this ghastly business. But that will only happen if everyone works together by playing their part in this case. Fragmentation without reason, like we have already begun, and we might as well all kill ourselves just to save those murders some time.

Ah, but be wary of placing too much stock in reason, for that is the quickest way to manipulation. Some of the worst things I've ever seen were a result of men being talked into something, being persuaded by lies. There are times when the most reasonable argument is built upon a foundation of quicksand. Great evil is sometimes done by naive men, out of ignorance, out of obedience, and with the best of intentions.

Now, answer me, askthepizzaguy, Archmage of Chaos, what will you do?

I will follow my heart, and bring my passion for justice to bear against those who would cause us all harm. As I hope you will as well, Archmage of Law.

*bows again, gracefully*

Dear god, stop it already! The authority of Valledia has been to long absent from the lives of the archmages it seems. As far as I can see, neither of you thinks the other to be a murderer so by the gods, stop accusing each other! Take your constant bickering outside (to PM) and keep it there!

As for the earth mage's question, I'll just say that I was asleep in my bed last night and I challenge him to say otherwise.

For now though, I would like to hear what...well actually, I'm not sure. So I'll just give the eye to sepuku and be done with it, with the stipulation that once done examining it he gives it to a member of Paulus's own tower.

BTW, I'm back, earlier than expected :)

Dear god, stop it already! The authority of Valledia has been to long absent from the lives of the archmages it seems. As far as I can see, neither of you thinks the other to be a murderer so by the gods, stop accusing each other! Take your constant bickering outside (to PM) and keep it there!

*with raised eyebrow*

You would not be attempting to silence or discourage others from openly communicating, would you now, Valledian? I did you the courtesy of whispering to the Law Archmage, that you would not have to hear it.

@ Pizzaguy
"*Cough* Get a room *Cough*"​

The Nature Mage mutters to himself 'They have only been bickering a few days and already I can tell they are in love. Why can't they see it?'

Top Bottom