[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

Thanks, ambrox! I was waiting for the Medes artwork. :) Keep up the good work. :D

Ambrox - Thanks for all your hard work!
Is this new pack with two civs already integrated into the ancient med maps? Is there some procedure to get them to work together that must be followed?

Also - is this compatible with Thalassicus' balance mod and patch?

Is this new pack with two civs already integrated into the ancient med maps? Is there some procedure to get them to work together that must be followed?

Also - is this compatible with Thalassicus' balance mod and patch?

Next YnAEMP v.13 will contain AMC maps integrated with Pack 2 civs. You must wait for next YnAEMP release to play with Sarmatians (instead of Mongols)
But, most important, next YnAEMP version will greatly improve AMC maps: City States will have resources to trade with and map resources will be 30% more than now. I've intensively playtested the new setup and it works fine.

I would expect that AMCs will work with major CiV mods, because my mods are addons that don't change anything of vanilla game

Next YnAEMP v.13 will contain AMC maps integrated with Pack 2 civs. You must wait for next YnAEMP release to play with Sarmatians (instead of Mongols)
But, most important, next YnAEMP version will greatly improve AMC maps: City States will have resources to trade with and map resources will be 30% more than now. I've intensively playtested the new setup and it works fine.

I would expect that AMCs will work with major CiV mods, because my mods are addons that don't change anything of vanilla game

Wonderful! I can't wait! How far off is the new map set, if I may ask?

The map is set, it's YnAEMP v.13 that is not done yet, I'll try to post it tomorrow.

You Da Bomb! :D

I fear I'll have to delay a bit the release, I have been kept occupied by some bugs on another mod, and I don't want to rush next version of YnAEMP. :blush:

I fear I'll have to delay a bit the release

I'm working on a large eastern med map with Medes and Persians replacing Britons and Iberians. May be the delay will bring another map!!! :D
I need a day to complete the YnAEMP code and, at least, another day of playtesting ;)

Attachments

• east_med.jpg
    east_med.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 509
Curious - following steps as listed but keep starting with two briton settlers (or Rome), one playable by me and one by AI. Any idea where the conflict might be?
Andy

Curious - following steps as listed but keep starting with two briton settlers (or Rome), one playable by me and one by AI. Any idea where the conflict might be?
Andy

Yes, it happened to me also. Very fun indeed :D

I think it is a YnAEMP issue that happens when you go back and forth through the initial setup between maps and options.
Before starting a new game, I suggest to check the number of civs showed on the top (in the example below is 14):

For some unknown reason, it might be set with a wrong value (in my case was 20). It results in such funny behaviour showimg duplicated units for the same civ.
You should restart a new game

Thanks for that, ambrox62. I also went through and cleared out my game cache. Restarted and it worked!

Loving it so far -but just played 60 turns or so as Carthage and the barbarians are relentless! Good times!

it happens more often than with civs, with city states. I had a very good start (normally they are bad because resourceless) but then I realized there were 0 city states *cry*

it happens more often than with civs, with city states. I had a very good start (normally they are bad because resourceless) but then I realized there were 0 city states *cry*

I strongly suggest to check civs and CSs numbers before pressing the "start game" buttons ;)

By the way, the current AMC map setup is really poor (it was the "first" release). AMC maps included into next YnAEMP version 13 will be "another" game ;)

I strongly suggest to check civs and CSs numbers before pressing the "start game" buttons ;)

By the way, the current AMC map setup is really poor (it was the "first" release). AMC maps included into next YnAEMP version 13 will be "another" game ;)

Stop teasing us already and get the maps out! :D :D :D

Stop teasing us already and get the maps out!

Next fabulous version will contain:

- 2 new eastern med maps (large & standard) with Sarmatians, Medes and Persians into
- complete set of european natural wonders (8 on large maps, 6 on standard ones)
- resources overall increased by 25%-30%
- placement improved for resources, civs and CSs

:D :yumyum: :D

....well, more seriously: yesterday I've sent to Gedemon the AMC update. I know that he's really busy with his fresh WWII mod. When he finds a bit of time he will release next YnAEMP version.

I promise you that when getting back from work in a few hours, I will do as if the WW2 mod is not in the list of ready to open projects in Modbuddy, until YnAEMP v.13 is released.

(which means that I will release it ASAP :D)

Thanks to Gedemon, new YnAEMP version 13 is out :goodjob:
I've updated install procedure accordingly (see post #3)

- 2 new eastern med maps (large & standard) with Sarmatians, Medes and Persians into
- complete set of european natural wonders (8 on large maps, 6 on standard ones)
- resources overall increased by 25%-30%
- placement improved for resources, civs and CSs

OOOORAH. Way to go guys. I look forward to starting a new game as soon as I've done my work for the day. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Top Bottom