Patches more than once or twice a year?

AlpsStranger

Jump jump on the tiger!
Hey, I know I'm asking for the entire world here, but could we maybe get patches more than once or twice a year?

G&K is more-or-less fine, but there are some really stupid little bugs in it that I'm sure could be squashed pretty easily if we could actually, you know, get a patch.

Then again, I suppose I should have learned better after the C3C Science Age fiasco.

I just don't understand why it has to take months and months to get a patch.

I picture some kind of nightmare of bean counters, QA, red tape, and decision by committee.

The horrible irony being, of course, that if something slips past a long QA process it won't get fixed for a long time because of the same long QA process.

but could we maybe get patches more than once or twice a year?

You're aware of the fact that we already had 2 patches within the last 30 days, aren't you :)?

(not that I don't see that we don't need another patch, but the statement is a bit exaggerated)

You're aware of the fact that we already had 2 patches within the last 30 days, aren't you :)?

(not that I don't see that we don't need another patch, but the statement is a bit exaggerated)

Hyperbole can be useful man, don't suck the air out of the room ;)

Answer to the OP is yes. Thread locked.

Wait, you mean just posting in bold red doesn't give me mod powers??? :(

The trend seems fair. Hot fixes for big problems that need immediate attention come out as soon as it's fixed, big patches come out after everything has been fully tested. I don't see anything wrong with this system.

Answer to the OP is yes. Thread locked.

Wait, you mean just posting in bold red doesn't give me mod powers??? :(

Moderator Action: Impersonating moderators can result in a direct 7 days ban, so please don't do that again :nono:.

Huh, you know, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I knew that, but had attributed it to the MTGSalvation forums after having seen a few people do it here without it being brought up as an infraction. Sorry. :nuke:

I'm really, really tired of the 'screen rolling while you get the 'please wait' message bug. In a two year old game? That's pretty ridiculous.

And the 'music stops and then the game locks' bug if you don't save often enough? Seriously, game lockups at this late date?

I'm really, really tired of the 'screen rolling while you get the 'please wait' message bug. In a two year old game? That's pretty ridiculous.

And the 'music stops and then the game locks' bug if you don't save often enough? Seriously, game lockups at this late date?

Uh....last time I checked, G&K isn't 2 years old (Civ V isn't either, for that matter). G&K isn't even a month old.

Top Bottom