E3 2005: Civ4 Live Stage Demo (GameSpot)

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Just when I thought I can take a break from all the news posting, I found this video of a live stage demo at GameSpot's E3 booth by Soren Johnson, leader designer of Civ4. The video is 13 minutes long. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civilizationiv/media.html

EDIT: GameSpot added three 1-minute long gameplay footages in addition to the live stage demo to that page. These gameplay clips are from the same live stage demo, except you don't hear the conversation -- only the audio from the game. For example, you can hear the birds chirping when on the main map and the different diplomacy music.

Enjoy! :cool:

Very nice ... and long! No time to type, cause have to view some more

Aks K

EDIT: spelling due to rush ;)

hehe... I posted the thread after watching only 1 minute of the video...

need to go back to the video now. :)

OMG :eek: seeing the game in motion is absolutely brilliant! And the 3D worldview is just to die for, also the graphic are truly amazing man this game is going to rock!

Thank you very much thurderfall! :thumbsup:

This is awesome!

I'm serious. Everything looks beautiful. Those static screenshot just wouldn't do it. You have to see things in motion.

I can't wait to play this game! :cry:

EDIT: I'm going to see it one more time. I love the little animations like whales. And we get some new sexy faces. :) I also love the turning, shining rings around the units, although it'd be cooler if it could turn both ways back and forth.

I agree, the game looks great in motion. :) It's so much more fluid and smooth than the shots make it seem.

Did you see the fishing and whale motion in the lash blue water, :eek: I’m confused about the battles taking place, but the worldview is inspirational, I'm convinced there is going to be a space era guys! This game is brilliant!

I can't stop watching the video! :eek:

I had my doubts but damn.. the game is really shaping up. I can't wait to try it out

Just watched it a second time. There is definitely a ton of detail, even the trees are swaying in the wind. :D

Is everyone taking notes on the new strategies that will pop up? ;)

Soren mentioned a few...

Tatran said:
Got sound,but no movie.

Use the 56k option.

Chieftess said:
Is everyone taking notes on the new strategies that will pop up? ;)

Soren mentioned a few...

No time for that now, maybe later. ;)

OMG.. its is beautiful... the global view is amazing and the zoom in is also amazing... The movie definitly put some of my fears to rest... only thing im not sure that im going to like is the "line of sight religion thing", but everything else is just truely remarkable.. cant wait for more

Top Bottom