Macedonian Horseman (Apr 07, 2008)

Hey that's great Sandris. :goodjob:

We always need more cavalry units.

Sandris, fantastic unit, but the subfolder with the pedia icons in the file seems to be corrupted. Could you please check? I was unable to unpack them.

Nevermind, I've redownloaded it and it works now. Sorry for the fuss.

If you are interested, I have some unfulfilled wishes for mounted units... Maybe one or the other would be interesting for you as well. :)

Excellent horse units are always needed. I cannot wait to see some gunpowder horse units for your Native American and Napoleonic era unit lines.

The overhand attack is just what's needed. Excellent successor to the venerable C&Ps by Kryten!
Ares, if your units are historical I`m ready to make them ! Let`s see what you`ve got. :)
I've got one: a Parthian horse archer, who fires his bow backwards over his horse's backside as he rides away! --("the Parthian shot")-- I've got a few Osprey paintings too, if you need 'em.

How would you impliment that into the game without it looking weird, Mithadan?

And wow, Sandris! This looks amazing! :D

I guess it could be implemented by having the rider (not the horse) turn to attack in different directions from the fortify, or something...

How would you impliment that into the game without it looking weird, Mithadan?
Do you mean, how would it work with the cycling of the animations? I'm not sure, I don't even know how they normally cycle. But didn't Kryten's old C'nP Horse Archer run on the spot (as if on a treadmill) while firing arrows at the enemy? I imagine something like this here too, except the horse would be running on the spot away from the enemy while the rider twists back to shoot at the enemy. Is that an impossibility?

Regardless, even if this animation is impossible given the constraints of the flic system, a better Parthian archer than the one CivArmy did would be a great boon!

Top Bottom