GO1 - The Tsarina

For me burning a GE on a free 1 person GA is a no brainer...
But, is it a no-brainer when you have a fleet that can capture any City on the map and when you have Marble and the production to be able to self-built the Taj Mahal?

Find out who has the Mausoleum of Mollossus. Capture that City. THEN complete the Taj Mahal manually (hoplitejoe said that it could be done in 10 to 15 turns) in a City that has already started it.

Then you still have a Great Engineer for whatever--another Golden Age after we own the Mausoleum of Mollossus? A good number of Hammers toward The Statue of Liberty later?

You essentially get a FREE Golden Age by WAITING until we capture the MoM before:
a) completing the Taj Mahal
AND
b) launching a Golden Age using our Great People

We don't necessarily need a Holy Shrine if a lot of them have been built already--it was just a possibility. Launching a Golden Age after we own the MoM Wonder could also be a valuable use of the Great Prophet.

So, send our fleet out to capture MoM and then feel free to spawn several extra-long Golden Ages with as many of the Great People as you want (a Great Engineer is probably better used to pair with other Great People for an extra partial Golden Age, since the Taj Mahal will be 100% ours and since we have plenty of production power to manually complete it).

In a game where the AIs have Nationalism or in a game where you don't have Marble, using a Great Engineer on the Taj Mahal makes more sense. Here, there's actually negative value, since by launching 2 Golden Ages now, we'd miss out on a free Golden Age--i.e. when you own MoM, Golden Ages are 1.5 times longer, meaning that you get 3 Golden Ages for the price of 2 Golden Ages, but only if you own that Wonder before launching the Golden Ages.

Dhoom, you make a good point. I did a pre-turn prep. Some whipping etc. I will hold on to my GPs and invade as a matter of urgency. I will play tonight or tomorrow morning. Things are getting rather involved at this stage so it is taking very long to play a single turn...

Hi guys. My system is currently in the shop for a mobo replacement. I'm afraid the ETA is tomorrow or latest Friday. I would REALLY like to play this set but I understand if you guys don't want to wait...

I can wait, hell I have held this up enough to allow you to play this a little later :D

I concur.

Nothing I start gets finished quickly. That's been proven thousands of times over. :p

So I played. We have captured the Southermost Carth cities without much loss. I have not initiated a GA and have made a trade with Pacal.

We are also the most cultured civ:

I'm really really sorry for not posting the full report but I am very pressed for time. Anyhow, I think we are dominating this rather well. I have a couple of settlers going to colonize the other islands. We have lost very few units and gained holy city too! Troops are advancing well. The next two players should crush Hannibal

Like I said, I haven't launched GA's yet. We have an artist, priest and engineer hanging around. Good luck and again, apologies for not being more detailed...

Attachments

• Tsarina AD-1450.CivBeyondSwordSave
    252.9 KB · Views: 39
Seeing as this is rather an unusual time of year well done for getting it done :D

Did someone inform Toxicman?

Toxic has been skipped.

I played. From what I can see, victory will be achieved in the turnset following the next one.
I just did the obvious, with a few mistakes (launching a GA before the MoM - not very bright, although earlier GAs are better than later ones at this point. Game's about to end.).
We're 20% short from Domination, but we have about 40 units and enough ships to carry them so we should just finish off Cyrus (cap him, I'd say) and sail to Salapacalia. With those two vassaled ( or completely conquered - they are weak) we should have achieved Domination. If not, kill WK for conquest or settle some islands.

Hannibal decides he's got enough.

The Notre dame gets whipped.

A GA gets launched for hammers and FM switch.

This document decides Cyrus's fate.

A GE gets born - I think the best use for him is a GA.

A canal city gets conquered. Without losses, thanks to the RNG the tactical genius of the player.

Turns out Cyrus's stack was next to it. Oh well, we move our maces into the city and kill it on defence.

Persepolis's defences are a bit.. underwhelming.

So it gets conquered ( along with the two other cities next to it).

I lost quite a few men, but there are reinforcements waiting on the northern tip of our island. Feel free to draft even more ( I didn't do it enough).

EDIT : A possible tactic would be to grant independence to all the Persian cities. It reduces our maintenance costs and spawns two units per city, which allows our garrisons to do... other things. At the other hand, it will bring us farther from domination.

Attachments

• Tsarina AD-1525.CivBeyondSwordSave
    274 KB · Views: 62
It looks like things were in great hands! :goodjob:

After Chemistry, we probably won't need any further techs so we could just stick at a 0% Science Rate and optionally increase the Cultural Slider if we run into Unhappiness problems; that way, we'll be saving on Gold in case we need it. Optionally, we could tech Military Science and upgrade some units to Grenadiers, but doing so would be overkill.

Chemistry has the benefit of unlocking Frigates, so Triremes could be upgraded to Frigates and thus help with Bombarding or else we could build a few of our own for help with Bombarding.

Hannibal decides he's got enough.
He's so far gone that you've managed to turn him on his head! :)

Persepolis's defences are a bit.. underwhelming.
Beware the mighty Work Boat! :D

Skip me, please. It looks like the next turnset will be a very fun one where we can really stick it to the AIs. Let it not be me that steals all of the fun, particularly when I am extremely pressed for time... making it Mosher (or if he passes) General Olaf up next.

Victory on the horizon? Excellent. In that case, I can announce the fact that I intend to host another succession game! All I need is a civ, and I think I'll hold a vote among you guys.

-Gilgy/Sumeria
-Pacal/Maya
-Gandhi/India

I'll let Mosher know he's up.

EDIT: Mosher doesn't have a working version of Civ, so I'm up.

Can we finish this one first :lol:

Top Bottom