India: East Asian vs. Middle Eastern City Graphics?

Should India use East Asian or Middle Eastern city graphics?

• East Asian

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Middle Eastern

Votes: 56 76.7%

• Total voters
I suppose it should be middle eastern architecture with asian music.

Ideally, there would be a East Asian architecture set. I wonder if unique city graphics could become a part of R.E.D.

At the very least changing the colors of the cities based on civ would be nice.

You forgot the settlers animations they are olso different :) If you could add that tho

On that note, any other units or objects that change based on what civ you are using other than UU? I found it odd that it doesn't go the civ rev route and assign a set of unit graphics based on the region of the civ, seeing as how it does it for the cities and music.

EDIT: The Polynesian style fits perfectly. It'd work great for mongols/siam, too.

EDIT2:

Also, there is one Civ game that gives each civ unique graphics, from city buildings all the way to units: Civilization Revolution.
Actually, civ rev just has 2 or 3 civs per style for units and cities. England and France have the same, as does china and japan, and russia and arabia.

The accent colors are changed to match the civs color, though.

Why not just make the cities a mix of Arabic, East Asian, and Polynesian buildings?

That may be a bit difficult to code, though.

Why not just make the cities a mix of Arabic, East Asian, and Polynesian buildings?

That may be a bit difficult to code, though.

Well, that depends on how the city is generated.

If it's a randomized combination of models of buildings that spawn over time, then I would think it'd be possible to have it pick from the above 3 groups. That said, I would assume for the XML the building type is defined simply by < ARCHITECTURE> Asian </ARCHITECTURE> or something like that. You'd have to make a custom script or edit how the game reads that tag.

If it's one 3d file of the whole city that just switches to a larger version over time, then you'd have to make a new 3d file that has some of the other buildings copy pasted in.

I think the most pratical solution is to just use the polynesian set, unless we want to make a RED style mod for all the civs, or make a whole new set for siam/india and the like, or go the civ rev route and just have each civ have a recolor of the base regional set.

Top Bottom