Mongol vs Huns

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of thank you for your answers.

@GenjiKhan yeah and Gunpowder and Rifling are also separated by a couple of techs.It would be nice to use your newly discovered units a little longer

Belcho, you can estabilshed yourself as the major power of your continent very quickly and them go for any kind of victory. Other civs will still be fighting each other while you are focusing on science, for example.

The secret is forgeting everything else and just build your military units, this is the strategy that many AI uses against us, the infamous warrior rush. For sure you already saw that. Now, imagine that instead of warriors, the units are a fast horse and a powerfull battery run...scary.

Wow that's an interesting point of view when playing against such civs that DoW you early.

I like ancient era UUs that provide some kind of bonus so when later upgraded they can keep it.In this case it would be very interesting to see if the battering ram keeps the bonus against cities.But as mentioned the hoplites only have a bonus against mounted units like a spearman does, but are better in strenght.

Huns vs Babylon. Lets see if Attila's Battering Rams can get through Babylonian Walls while under fire from Bowmen.

Yes, great example there.

The Huns sound like they peak an era or so earlier than the Mongols. Battering Rams sound ominous to face in an early rush.

Spears, catapults,trebs and muskets all become obsolete too quickly when I play. And for Gods's sake do something about lancers, they're beyond useless.

The Battering Rams' vs. city bonus is a promotion right? It will carry over to pikemen and riflemen. The Huns should be good at taking cities as long as they can keep their Battering Ram-derived units alive.

Mongols would win in duel, thats for sure. Khan would help in earlier defensive battles as mongol soldiers would heal swiftly, then once u get Keshliks, then it will be the time to go for offence & do some slaughtering. Nevertheless in a normal game Huns can focus on other weak civs & try to pillage or even destroy Mongols if they catch them off guard. They should probably avoid Greeks as their first target as it would slow down their conquest, doing more harm to them than they would do to Greeks.

the horse archer probably fits the definition of 'broke'. a completely dominating unit, with no resource requirement and available a few techs away, cheap to build, ranged, four movements, starts with a promo, isnt severely penalized on rough terrain like most other chariot archer units. 5 of these and a scout or preferably horseman after you get horseback riding and you can take out multiple civs and claim an entire continent for yourself, long before medieval ever hits. Go down honour to get the 50% increased speed of promotions and you'll have these things fully upgraded very quickly. Being able to easily conquer so early in the game is very powerful.. too powerful really, which is why I won't be playing as the Huns again, they gave me my first Immortal victory but it felt far too easy with this unit.

Huns vs Babylon. Lets see if Attila's Battering Rams can get through Babylonian Walls while under fire from Bowmen.

Battering Rams are nice... if they get to target AND manage to survive to fire a shot. Otherwise they are just meatshields.

Horse Archers are the poor man's Keshiks. If your opponent has African Forest Elephants or Comp Cav, you can pretty much say good bye to a number of HAs.

I played a game where there was a Huns vs Mongolia cage match because they were the only ones on a continent. The Huns had the advantage because they get thier UUs earlier then the Mongols...

Seem like Huns is easier to dominate in the hands of the players. But if you play as Mongol and get a militaristic city states to gift you Horse Archers then you also win. lol :)

Seem like Huns is easier to dominate in the hands of the players. But if you play as Mongol and get a militaristic city states to gift you Horse Archers then you also win. lol :)

There was a citystate that was giving out Keshiks in current Hunnic game. Too bad I discovered only long after I conquered half my continent.

The Battering Rams' vs. city bonus is a promotion right? It will carry over to pikemen and riflemen. The Huns should be good at taking cities as long as they can keep their Battering Ram-derived units alive.

Battering Rams upgrade to trebuchets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom