The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread Question Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abaddon

Deity
Here we can ask questions that are swirling in our midsts, but will not require reems of discussion to cover.

Article 1. Is the use of the "word" tho, an accepable substitute for though?

I've been doing alot of pushups lately... I was told to concentrate on keeping good form with my body to get the ppush up right, well I'm getting alot of tension in my abdomen. In fact my stomach muscles are getting tired and giving in before my arm muscles go...

Is that bad? Am I doing them wrong?

I've been doing alot of pushups lately... I was told to concentrate on keeping good form with my body to get the ppush up right, well I'm getting alot of tension in my abdomen. In fact my stomach muscles are getting tired and giving in before my arm muscles go...

Yes. You simply needn't strain your abs to maintain pushup posture.

Article 1. Is the use of the "word" tho, an accepable substitute for though?

I wouldn't say so, but I'm picky about the written word.

My question: Should fish and chips be made with only haddock or cod, or can any quality white fish suffice? I recently had a very good meal of fish and chips made from pollock, so it got me thinking.

I don't think so, keeping your body aligned will work your trunk muscles. it just means that your arms are much stronger than your abs. I could be wrong though, but if I am it means i do them just as wrong:lol:

What the hell does XCL mean in a post?

Is there ever going to be a more popular thread?
Is there a greater thread period questionmark

Other then the food network what else would smell-o-vision be good for? Tire fire on the news would be bad. 'Dirty jobs' would be bad.

Other then the food network what else would smell-o-vision be good for? Tire fire on the news would be bad. 'Dirty jobs' would be bad.

I would stay away from ESPN as well.

Possibly QVC so the women know what those fragrances smell like before ordering.

Travel Channel, at least for the more beach-y and flower-y sorts of places they go to.

And if you like the smell of lumber and mowed lawn (which I do!), the Home and Garden Network.

Other than that, though, it'd be pretty bad; bathroom humor would get even worse.

I would stay away from ESPN as well.

Possibly QVC so the women know what those fragrances smell like before ordering.

I guess Old Spice commercials would fit in to that category too.

Ahoy.

Travel Channel, at least for the more beach-y and flower-y sorts of places they go to.

And if you like the smell of lumber and mowed lawn (which I do!), the Home and Garden Network.

Other than that, though, it'd be pretty bad; bathroom humor would get even worse.

The crisp morning air on the mountain lake while fishing with Bill Dance.

There are some good things not many I think but some.

It could be used for news. Now's your chance to smell Obama or Alan Colmes. Get a nice whiff of winter air on The Weather Channel. Get the full experience when watching "Dirty Jobs."

The possibilities are endless.

Danke!

XCL

I never use XCL, since I prefer to type out my intentions fully and thoughtfully so that there is no doubt in any poster's mind what I mean when I need to sustain enough characters in order to complete a post on one of the valuable threads here in CivFanatics.

XCL

Though we should probably have some kind of abbreviations dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom