Cultural Conquest = Peaceful?

jumbo2002

Big Elephant
Everyone (myself included) thinks it is a great idea that culture will allow for the peaceful assimiliation of enemy cities. However, I'm wondering if others think that this kind of "peaceful" conquest should be an open invitation for retaliation from the AI? :confused:

I know that if my city gets "peacefully" captured I'm taking it back any way I can!

:rocket2:

Looking at it from another angle, I wonder if it would be possible to refuse to take a city. I imagine that the AI might be grateful for your selfless action....or, perhaps, annoyed at such a public display of your arrogance! ;)

Yup, you can refuse them! We saw it in a screenshot ;)

I imagine that an AI would be quite offended by it's citizens behaviour, rebelling and such, but if it really was a problematic city, I would hope they'd let it go peacefully. Then again, it'd be more fun if they tried to take it back! Propoganda, anyone?

I think taht too assimilate a city, you have to meet the requirments already in teh game that have been discussed in interviews etc AND then you have to do an espionage mission. Otherwise I fear it will be too easy.

I don't know about the A1 getting mad at me, but if they take one of my cities via culture, they had better be ready for WAR!

:tank: :tank: :tank:

:tank: :rocket3: :sniper: :rocket: :slay:

I think it's funny that when you assimilate a foreign city, the citizens of that city still maintain their nationality so they can create trouble. For example, you could peacefully assimilate a foreign city that is in awe of your culture and then immediately have that city rebel against you because you are denying them their nationalist independence. It doesn't make any sense. If the citizens of a city voluntarily ask for your rule, they should all become immediately assimilated into your culture as well. If they want to be German, they probably speak and act German already.

Originally posted by Robespierre
I think it's funny that when you assimilate a foreign city, the citizens of that city still maintain their nationality so they can create trouble. For example, you could peacefully assimilate a foreign city that is in awe of your culture and then immediately have that city rebel against you because you are denying them their nationalist independence. It doesn't make any sense. If the citizens of a city voluntarily ask for your rule, they should all become immediately assimilated into your culture as well. If they want to be German, they probably speak and act German already.

I don't think it works that way. I think they maintain their nationality if you conquer their city, not if you assimilate it.

No, I think Robespierre is right, culturally-gained cities retain nationality. However, I don't think that's unrealistic. It only takes a particularly powerful or violent or outspoken minority of the citizens to rebel and come over to your side. That means that the majority would still retain their old nationality.

Top Bottom