Vote for Most Anticipated Games of E3 at Gamespot

V. Soma

long time civ fan
Here you can vote for Civ5 to be a game that Gamespot would consider
as game anticipated by the readers
- and thus probably to get a detailed coverage...

As now, Civ5 already got ca. 3350 votes and 6% of the total,
standing in the first ten (place 7-8) of the 25 games listed...

Thanks to CFC member Tylerryan79 for the post on this...

There has been a void these past two months, after reading the 20+ articles that came right after the announcement of Civ5. All the articles were rather shallow and centered around HEX and 1UPT.

With a little over 3 months to september, one would think that civilization5.com would have something else than: "Official Site Coming Soon".

Give a little to get a little...

I gave my vote, though I doubt that Civ 5 makes it.

There has been a void these past two months, after reading the 20+ articles that came right after the announcement of Civ5. All the articles were rather shallow and centered around HEX and 1UPT.

With a little over 3 months to september, one would think that civilization5.com would have something else than: "Official Site Coming Soon".

Give a little to get a little...

:agree:

It is May 18, 14:30 here (+1 GMT),
and civ5 got ca. 3750 votes, staying at 6%.

I think it is not that bad at all, big titles like Crysis 2 and Gears of War 3 get 10%.
3 other titles get 8%, and then comes the group of another 2-3 with ca. 6%.

Civ5 is the only one that is pure "thinking" strategy... so I think will get covered.

I voted for Crysis 2 :mischief:

Yes I must admit I'm a little shocked at the overall lack of direct marketing around the game. With their focus on a realistic, immersive world you would think that they could sell that to non-hardcore strategy fans. If nothing else that voice-over in the teaser trailer is pure history channel'ish win. I understand that marketing is the redirection of project resources but the guys at the development house or at the publisher could update the site for the cost of a couple of man hours. I think that would pay off quite a bit for them. Perhaps social networking and fan sites have made marketing types lazy XD

Anyways... voted for civ V. I want coverage!

I'm not voting because frankly, I don't anticipate CivV. If anything it'll just provide one more thing killing my mod.

Thanks for moving this to where everyone will see it. I voted for Civ V, but there are a few games that peeked my interest as well. I just wanted to make sure that Civ V gets all the coverage it deserves, regardless of all the fights we have had on the many issues regarding steam, dlc, ect. I came here and joined because of that, but have since leveled out. Seeing my sn on the frontpage really made my day, and has made me feel like I may have contributed something worthy of being called a Civfanatic (PLEASE VOTE!!).

At the moment, Civ5 stands at 5th place (!), with ca. 5400 votes.
Leaders are Crysis 2 (ca. 7000), Gears of War (ca. 6900), Fallout: New Vegas (ca. 6000).
No. 4 is Zelda Wii, with some 150 votes more than Civ5.

Not bad! :)

voted for Fallout: New Vegas! :thumbsup:

Spoiler :

New Vegas is developed by Obsidian Entertainment, which employs some people from Black Isle (the dev company that made Fallout 1, 2 and their own never-finished and never-published Fallout 3)

Obsidian works for Betesda? I thought they were Bioware's lapdog???

I like my virus free computer, so no Civ V for me.

Top Bottom