Maze Moves, Culture Puzzle Swaps???

emblemfire

Chieftain
Does anyone know the formula on how these accumulate... Because I feel like I never get any maze moves (or hardly any) even when I'm working all scientists, yet I will still get tons of puzzle swaps (not working any artists)...

Is there a formula? If so what can i do to increase my Maze Movement point rate? If not how often do I get them?

Maze moves accumulate from science you produce (but not science you buy), dowries, and from getting the maze bonus when someone else does the maze.

The amount of science it takes to get maze moves is dependent on the amount needed to get the tech, so yes, in the late game it can often seem like it takes forever and a day to get even one new move. Also, the maze minibonus changes depending on civ size.

Maze moves reset if the tech you are in is completed, as well.

You can maximize your moves by co-ordinating to get the minibonus (when someone completes a maze, everyone in the same civ who is in the tech gets the "civ" bonus), and by hoarding science until you get enough moves to complete a maze and get the big bonus.

Also, you can move between uncompleted techs, so if one tech has an easy maze, do the maze, get the bonus and then move to the tech you actually want. Co-ordinate with Science Minister to reduce tech cost - remember that era techs do not reduce in cost, so it is rarely a good idea to have your SM in the era tech.

Culture builds up faster in part, I think because you get those +5s automatically from anyone in your civ doing the puzzle, but you have to be in the same tech to get the maze minibonus.

Ha, working together isn't really an option... they don't play much and never talk to me even when i try to coordinate things... yes i have a huge civ by the way, 51 people... who never do anything...

Huh so if i work science i will get more moves... doesn't seem that way. well thanks for the help.

^^
In the closed beta there were 10-20 active players.
In the open beta you'll have 5-10 active players of 200.
So, the competition is more between the very few dedicated players than it's between civs.

I have found that one active person can get a civ going if you do enough yelling in the chat. New people who don't know how to play are looking for direction, so if you can give it, you can get people to work together.

The open beta had a devastating effect on the games.
Earlier today there were only 2 active players, now one more. :(
It doesn't matter how much you try to chat with your team members, most of them will not give a sign of life.
And because the ministeries give a civ bonus, those players can be a huge pain in the butt when they are minister.
Even you offer them how to get some easy medals, you'll be ignored.
I'm sorry to say, but most facebook players aren't social. In other words, most are greedy and not real gamers, certainly not civers.

I'm working with a couple of people on getting teams into specific games. The problem with connectivity at the moment is making play impossible, and I don't think that's reflective of activity. I have only managed to get into one of my games once in the last 24 hours. Unless they fix it PDQ, I think the game is deadsauce.

I'm working with a couple of people on getting teams into specific games. The problem with connectivity at the moment is making play impossible, and I don't think that's reflective of activity. I have only managed to get into one of my games once in the last 24 hours. Unless they fix it PDQ, I think the game is deadsauce.

+1 on that :-/

^ true that. been trying to log in desperately for past 4 hours. I'm defense minister and have a battle coming up :( + i need to switch my research, its almost certain that we'll get the era win when i switch my research ... :mad:

The open beta had a devastating effect on the games.
I'm sorry to say, but most facebook players aren't social. In other words, most are greedy and not real gamers, certainly not civers.

I would imagine this will die down some once the newness has worn off. I've had a few conversations with some of my civ members, and some good-natured trash talking from the competition. But that's almost completely gone in the last day or two. Since there's a reported bug with the chat functionality, particularly the longer the game goes on, I suspect several of us are yelling into the void and our messages aren't getting through.

Since there's a reported bug with the chat functionality, particularly the longer the game goes on, I suspect several of us are yelling into the void and our messages aren't getting through.

That may be true, but my biggest problem with chat right now, is that there's a 2-3 second delay between typing a letter and seeing it on the screen. So, even if you can type a message quickly and accurately, you won't see the full sentence until half a minute later! It's impossible to carry on a conversation like that.

@zbgayumn: You do have a slow machine, right? When playing on my Netbook during work (ahem) the chat needs several seconds before typed letters appear in the chatbox. On the desktop-machine with quadcore et al its as fluid as chatting in trillian for example.
This has to do with mere power ;)

I have noticed that on the odd occasions I can log in, there are only ever 2 or 3 other people logged into the game. I think this is because of the server problems and the number of games. Before the Open Beta, there would be dozens of people in the game at the same time, and usually at least a few of my civ members.

Oh, and here we go, server updates again.

Top Bottom