Bug reports and technical issues

In one of recent games I saw what happens to the Russia Railroad spawn in Vladivostok. The settler party spawned, but got kicked out of the tile by Korean culture in to a Japanese culture spot near Sapporo (I guess the had OB with Japan; or were at war), but the spot was blocked by marsh and Korean culture, so they were stranded there until I, as Brazil, liberated Korea for China. Then the party wandered north and founded a crappy city called Nikolaevsk-na-Amur (or something like that).

EDIT: A second, unrelated bug: Brazil's first UHV never triggers. At 1884 the UHV still says "Not Yet" even though it's supposed to be checked at 1880.
A save one turn before 1880 would be helpful here.

In one of recent games I saw what happens to the Russia Railroad spawn in Vladivostok. The settler party spawned, but got kicked out of the tile by Korean culture in to a Japanese culture spot near Sapporo (I guess the had OB with Japan; or were at war), but the spot was blocked by marsh and Korean culture, so they were stranded there until I, as Brazil, liberated Korea for China. Then the party wandered north and founded a crappy city called Nikolaevsk-na-Amur (or something like that).
That's good to know.

Does anyone still have problems with slaves not properly appearing / being selectable after buying them? I want to fix this bug but can't reproduce it.

Yeah, I've come across it in a Brazilian game too now. My current theory is that they're invisible if you can't see them before you buy them. Is that true in your case?

What do you mean ? if I cant see the units before I buy them it wont be possible for me to see them ?
What happened for me was that I was buying lots of slaves since india has a lot of calendar resourcers so after some time they didnt appear in delhi anymore but the slaves were available for me to trade them in the trade screen. maybe there is a cap for the number of slaves ?

I mean you don't have to see slaves on the map (i.e. the city they're in) to be able to buy them in the diplo menu. From what I've gathered if they're invisible before you buy them you couldn't see them before either.

A save one turn before 1880 would be helpful here.

Here you go. I'm also giving saves 1 turn before Brazil's other UHVs - they aren't triggered either. Also included is a save just before the Reformation in the 1700 AD scenario.

Attachments

• Brazil UHV 1 Check.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • Brazil UHV 2 Check.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • Brazil UHV 3 Check.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 1700 Reformation.CivBeyondSwordSave
    417 KB · Views: 18
Great. I'll look into them later.

Okay, fixes for all of them have been committed.

Please note that I have changed something in the meantime which means that your savegames won't be compatible anymore.

Does anyone still have problems with slaves not properly appearing / being selectable after buying them? I want to fix this bug but can't reproduce it.

Yes I have still sometimes been seeing this, but it is now relatively rare. My recent game as India I ended up with over 20 slaves but only once did they arrive in my capital "asleep".

It appears that the hidden slave is actually "loaded" in the capital, much like a when on a ship. If you remove all of the other units from your capital, it is possible to "find" the slave and unload it, but it has already exhausted its movement for the current turn when this happens.

My theory is that when the slave has already been moved (by the AI) before you trade for it, the slave turns up in your capital in a state of torpor.

Yes I have still sometimes been seeing this, but it is now relatively rare. My recent game as India I ended up with over 20 slaves but only once did they arrive in my capital "asleep".

It appears that the hidden slave is actually "loaded" in the capital, much like a when on a ship. If you remove all of the other units from your capital, it is possible to "find" the slave and unload it, but it has already exhausted its movement for the current turn when this happens.

My theory is that when the slave has already been moved (by the AI) before you trade for it, the slave turns up in your capital in a state of torpor.
But that was before the recent commit right?

I merely need a LINK to where those SVNs are.
I kinda browsed it a bit in C2C as well.
I typically wait for new releases (btw, are there any in the observable future?), but this time I might try out the SVN ones as well.
So, would you please LINK me to the SVN repository? :D

EDIT:
I guess I found it, right?
https://www.assembla.com/code/Dawn_of_Civilization/subversion/nodes
Now, all I have to do is to fid the changed files. :D
OR maybe download Tortoise anyways, just to try it out.
Thanks anyways. :D

I typically wait for new releases (btw, are there any in the observable future?), but this time I might try out the SVN ones as well.
All the instructions are in the first post of the main thread. And why the aversion against using an SVN client? Downloading files manually from the repository is just asking for problems.

The feature list for the next release is essentially closed, I'm working off my to do list right now. I'll usually let everything run for a few weeks afterwards though to catch some remaining bugs and do appearance stuff. You know it's close when I create a "Finalizing v1.11" thread.

Yup, already downloading with Tortoise.
Except, WHY is the SVN version like TWICE bigger???
THAT many new stuff there???
Checked it - nope, just creates a clone with SVN name - what for???

Top Bottom