More XML Issues

nickg131

Chieftain
Hey guys, just bought and installed the complete edition. Can't run Civ IV, but colonization works fine.

Anyway, Civ IV gives me the following XML errors:

Error locating tag node in SetGlobalStringArray function Current XML file is: GlobalTypes.xml

Error locating tag node in SetGlobalClassInfo function
Current XML file is: BasicInfos/CIV4BasicInfos.xml

Failed Loading XML file XML\Interface/CIV4AdvisorInfos.xml.
[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
File: XML\Interface/CIV4AdvisorInfos.xml
Reason: The element 'Civ4AdvisorInfos' is used
but not delcared in the DTD/Schema

Line 7, 60
Source: <Civ4AdvisorInfos
xmlns="x-schema:CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml">

LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4AdvisorInfos.xml
Current XML file is: GameInfo/CIV4SeaLevelInfo.xml

And about 20 others that are all VERY similiarly worded, but slightly different...I don't want to type them all out =p But they never go away, I have to CTRL ALT DEL and task manage the civ4.exe closed for the errors to go away, just clicking the "OK" on the error just brings up another one, and then they cycle.

Reinstalled twice, same thing each time. Any hints?

I get the above error message in both Civ IV and Colonization

I just installed on Windows 10 in a new folder I titled civilization.

same problem in both Civ IV and Colonization. Install in separate folder on Windows 10

As far as I know, the "Complete" Edition is not patched to BtS 3.19 - you can check that in one of the Advanced Menu Screen when you have launched the game.

If not, you have to install it yourself as the in-game updater does not work anymore.

The link is here in CFC Database.

Tell us if it worked.

Pardon my lack of knowledge.
Does the patch need to be in the same folder with civ iv?
Does it need to be unzipped before it is usable by civ iv?
Will civ iv find it automatically?
Thanks for the previous quick reply.
JJ

Pardon my lack of knowledge.
Does the patch need to be in the same folder with civ iv?
Does it need to be unzipped before it is usable by civ iv?
Will civ iv find it automatically?
Thanks for the previous quick reply.
JJ

PS I downloaded the patch but when trying to unzip it, got error: 0x80004005

Where on the forums did you download it from? A couple of other people have also reported the unzip error. They downloaded it from Kiwitt's instructions link in this Tech forum, which links to the download, also accessible from the "Patch and Update" link in the Civ4 drop down menu at the top of this page (and all other CFF pages). Besides the actual download there, the page also includes links to several mirror sites. Try one of those. The main download may be corrupted.

Recently, somebody got it right from one of these links posted by Ramkhamhaeng. I also wonder what happened to the "CFC" patches?

And yes, you have to unzip it and double click on it to execute the installation of the patch on your system (takes a while...).

I downloaded the patch from a mirror site. It wouldn't open completely, stopped before completing saying it couldn't finish.

Uninstalled and re-installed Civ iv and colonization again. IN list was bts 3.19. It wouldn't open completely either.

Tried opening Civ IV and Colonization after Civ iv failed.
Following is example of error message (there was a continuous stream of them, again had to use task manager to get out)

Error locating tag node in SetGlobalStringArray funciont,

Current XML file is: Global Types.xml
or
Current XML file is: Technologies/Civ4TechInfos.xml

Recently, somebody got it right from one of these links posted by Ramkhamhaeng. I also wonder what happened to the "CFC" patches?

And yes, you have to unzip it and double click on it to execute the installation of the patch on your system (takes a while...).

Many users wrote that they can not unzip the official patch. It seemed that not the file is corrupt but the unzipping program changes.
Three posts later in the linked thread I've posted my own assembling of the 3.19 Patch. Just overwrite the files with the content of the Zip file. This should solve the patching issue.

I dumped windows 10 and went back to windows 7
Trying again.
Smart people are sometimes difficult to communicate with.
Please explain: "just overwrite the files with content of the zip file"

How does someone who just wants to play the game do that?

Sorry, I will not explain such computer basics :-(
If you do not know how to find the location of Civ4 on your PC or unzipping a file I would suggest to buy the game on Steam.

P.S. Why should I care if Google can not scan the archive?! It's ok not to thrust everyone in the net but be careful with such suspicion. Especially if such scan do not provide any security. Compare the files with the original one (well you can't but others) and check if there are any differences&#8230;

Please explain: "just overwrite the files with content of the zip file"

How does someone who just wants to play the game do that?

What he means is he has zipped the files that are changed by the patch. So, unzip the zip file, then copy the contained files to where the original ones, with the same names, are in your CIV and BTS game folders. Windows will tell you that files with those names already exist and ask what you want to do. Choose the answer to replace the old files.

Also, your file is too big for Google to scan for viruses.

Whether or not there is anything wrong with the files, I cannot say, since I have not downloaded his zip file. Although people who do this for others here on CFF are usually being helpful, not malicious.

Top Bottom