Civ4 world builder crash, running latest patch and RI

CaptainSassy

Chieftain
Hello all,
I've been playing Civ games since 3 was the latest and greatest, however I only recently started dabbling with modding. Recently I attempted to mod RI's world map (huge) into a revolution era start. I got about half way done placing cities when I attempted to adjust the cultural value of one in Egypt. I typed in a new value in the advanced city editor RI sports, but when I closed the box the game crashed. Fortunately I had recently saved the game, but when I tried to reopen the worldbuilder file I got an error stating that it could not be read. As an inexperienced text modder I was hoping someone might be able to take a look at the file and help me figure out what's wrong? I can't upload it since it's .01 MB over the limit, but I can e-mail it to the willing party.

You're talking about a feature in a mod that crashes the game.

First, you should know what "advanced city editor RI sports". Then see with RI people if they have a solution.

They might tell you it's a third party component. The person who did the third party component might tell you that you don't have the latest build.

With SVN nowadays there are a bunch of RI versions. For somebody to help you, they should have the same version of RI and the knowledge to help you.

So, sorry, but you're not asking a simple question and you're not asking it at the right place.

Top Bottom