Support Section on Official Civ4 Site & Patch Download

Didn't see this thread until it was too late to delete my new thread.

It seems that the link to the v1.61 patch on the official web site is broken. I just bought BTS, installed my old civ4 on my new computer then BTS (which worked fine). Then I saw the update option off the main advanced menu. It just kept hanging so I went looking for the latest patch on line, and the one off of the official site just times out before anything is loaded, too. I did not see any way to give feedback directly to 2kgames.

seems like a lot of people r havin this problem. there's gotta b some way 2 contact them

i think i figured it out. go to www.firaxis.com and download the 1.61 patch. u can then get the 1.74 patch. i'm still having issues with that directx file though. it wants to know what wrote the program MSN9.downloadhost and i dont know

i think i figured it out. go to www.firaxis.com and download the 1.61 patch. u can then get the 1.74 patch. i'm still having issues with that directx file though. it wants to know what wrote the program MSN9.downloadhost and i dont know

Thanks! That downloaded just fine. Funny thing is that when I tried to run it, it said 1.74 was already installed, so I have no idea why the game itself is telling me there is a newer patch.

welcome to cfc both of you :)
does BtS tell you there is a newer patch or does Civ4 tell you (the latter should not since BtS is installing the 1.74 patch during installation). You can get all patches from this site, just look on the main page under patches :)

I hope I'm in the right place. I just got BTS (disc version), I loaded it on my laptop, and I went to Advanced - Check Updates to get the 3.17 patch. I left, went to the gym, got some coffe and read the paper, and three hours later it said it was stil downloading. Forget this, so I downloaded from another site. It downloaded and was saved as a zip file (I have winzip).

My question is: Now what? I'm a total technodunce so if someone can walk me through how to install this patch (using babytalk, please) I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

using winzip open the zip file
click on extract and extract it to a folder which you can find easily (e.g. to desktop)
find and start the .exe file that is included in the zip.
the patch will do the rest :)

Worked like a charm; no fuss, no muss. Thanks.

did this download problem ever get addressed? I had a hard drive failure and am having more trouble getting civ back than I did the hard drive! I thought I had it all resolved...load civ4, install patches manually (using instructions above) then repeat with BTS. However, the game ran painfully slow. not the city screen, just the game. So, I thought it might be a problem with the manual installations and am starting over. I'm so frustrated now that I don't know what to do. I just want to finish my game!!! lol.

ok Im having a delimma when I tried to install patch 1.74 like the website wants me to it says cant install v1.09 is installed since 1.09 came on my disk what can i do to update this game for internet play

i downloaded patch 1.61 and 1.74

both aint working..
it says the setup has detected no version installed.
this patch requires a previous version...

why isnt it working??

does the fact that ive installed it in a different directory than the original one matter??
if so, please give me the complete directory of the game.

can someone help me?

I just bought the game, installed it and installed the updated patch.

It will not open... it tells me its missing some file and to re install. I canyt re install becuase the disc tells me its an older version and i nbeed to uninstall it.

IU cant uninstall it either, it wont let me. it wont let me repair it wont let me do anything.

I tired deleting all the files, that didnt work either. it still says I have the game.

what do I do?

Top Bottom