Trouble with Rise of Man install

Arminius14

Chieftain
I downloaded the latest RoM for BTS 3.19, and it installed fine but I got an error where it didn't specify where the executable was supposed to be located. I thought that would have been automatic with the install? Anyway there is no executable, and I do not know which executable they mean, do they mean for civ4, BTS, or ROM with in the mod? It doesn't specifically say which executable it is referring to. Maybe I should know which and it would be obvious to others but it isn't to me.

The specific error is: "The executable saved in your settings does not exist. You will now be invited to select the game executable location." Problem is, I don't know what location I should pick? Any help would be appreciated, TIA!! :hammer2:

Hmm... :hmm:

A Mod like RoM should be located in your ...Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods (where you have Afterworld and Charlemagne).

A Mod does not come with an executable file. You say it's for BtS 3.19 so the executable is the one from the game: Civ4BeyondSword.exe that you will find in the 'Beyond the Sword' folder.

More than that I don't know.

Oh yes:

RoM's sub-Forum (Mod not developped since several years - seems like the 'Revolution' component is unstable and should not be chosen as an option).

Note that there is a popular Modmod called A New Dawn 2 with an active developping team and a dedicated sub-Forum.

Thanks for the reply! I got the RoM because C2C was way too cluttered for my tastes. Also I didn't like the graphics much, thought it was actually a backslide. Anyway, I am still not sure what executable they are talking about, RoM installs by a exe. Its all there except for this one error. I will try that path see if it works or not. I will look at both the links you provided as well, thank you.

Top Bottom