Caveman 2 Cosmos

When you change Civics to Republic and Proletariat your Units that had claimed enemy territory (tiles) and converted them to your empire lose that ability. The tiles revert back to former owner as if your unit had moved away. Is this intentional or a bug?

JosEPh

When you change Civics to Republic and Proletariat your Units that had claimed enemy territory (tiles) and converted them to your empire lose that ability. The tiles revert back to former owner as if your unit had moved away. Is this intentional or a bug?

JosEPh

You'd have to ask Afforess on that one in AND section, he was the one that changed the Fixed Borders and made it work different in the Civics?

JosEPh

What you need to do is check witch civics enable Fixed Borders. Sometimes it's better for you to either keep an existing Civic just to keep your 0% owned tiles, or when switching from something like Monarchy also switch to Vassalage so another Civic area gives you Fixed Borders still.

Cheers

Has any one used Great Commanders?
They do not gain Experience or level up when I use them.

Great Commanders

Great Commanders are a new use of Great Generals. While players will still be able to attach Generals to units or settle them in cities, they will also be able to use the general unit in stacks, and have Great Generals receive XP from successful combat in nearby tiles. Great Generals will be able to earn promotions from this XP, and the promotions will boost the stats of all nearby units. Other promotions can extend the command range of the general (the radius in which the general's effects may be felt) or the amount of effects the promotions provide.

Has any one used Great Commanders?
They do not gain Experience or level up when I use them.

I was having this problem with my game. When I turned stack attack off my generals started to earn experience.

I've run out of solutions for the black terrain issue with v14. I'm going back to v13 (tested, it still works great with no black terrain). Hopefully this issue can be resolved by v15. I was enjoying my little game anyway, so no problem.

I've run out of solutions for the black terrain issue with v14. I'm going back to v13 (tested, it still works great with no black terrain). Hopefully this issue can be resolved by v15. I was enjoying my little game anyway, so no problem.

I also had the black terrain problem on v14. Like you, v13 displayed fine for me. Just on a guess I switched the Video option (native Civ-4 option button, upper right corner) from High to Medium and the problem went away! I can't explain it but I'm playing v14.

FWIW my gaming card is ATI Radeon 5800 w/ 1G memory. PC O/S is Win7 64 bit w/ 16G memory.

:lol:
First off, Welcome to CFC

2nd You cant compare this mod to any other mod in Civ 4, sorry, its just to HUGE too compare to anything.:)

3rd You need to save the game under Maximum Compatibility, and attach said game here, plus the current logs, ONE turn BEFORE CTD.

In version 14 if you look in the XML file area there is a file named "A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines" at the very bottom you will see this:
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>ALWAYS_USE_MAX_COMPAT_SAVES</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

just change it to this:

Code:
        <Define>
		<DefineName>ALWAYS_USE_MAX_COMPAT_SAVES</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>[B]1[/B]</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

then no one has to worry about autosaves etc, because "we" at C2C cannot work with them, just too many changes each day, and sometimes every few hours.

Thx

Thanx for the reply. Something strange happened though. I've removed the old version and installed version V14. Then I started playing and waiting for the game to crash, but nothing happened (not that I'm complaining). I'm playing this game for days now, and actually made it to the Middle Ages. I really don't know why, but the only difference with my early games, is that I've followed your instruction on the first page of this forum. I started a new game, and loaded this one as the start of a new game. Perhaps this could be an explanation. Anyway, I'm off, enjoying the game :woohoo:

I think you are talking about Strategyonly's Goody Islands. They work like Goody Huts and are an extension of the Goody Hut system. Pass a boat of any type thru them and see what happens.

JosEPh ;)

Ok thanks. I haven't made it to the ocean yet because of the Neanderthals lol

Noticed a couple of things (v14):

-Cannot load Explorers into Caravels (or no unit whatsoever, even with the transport upgrade)

-The Forge quest (build 15 forges) seems to be bugged, I'm fairly sure I've got 15 forges and still haven't gotten credit and haven't gotten info of another civ completing it first.

edit: is there any way to track quest progress?

Ok thanks. I haven't made it to the ocean yet because of the Neanderthals lol

Welcome to CFC

Noticed a couple of things (v14):

-Cannot load Explorers into Caravels (or no unit whatsoever, even with the transport upgrade)

Yeah, i just noticed that also, but i cant figure out why this is happening??

C2C personnel:

The NEW SVN is up and running.;)

Hello,
in V14 there is something wrong with Research - it counts backwards into the negative zone ... Steel -1.9k done ...
Also my steam engine researced ~24turns exept it costs ~9k and I produce 10+k breakers.
See attached savegame.

Attachments

• DancingWind AD-1795.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Is there supposed to be extra civs other than what is in base ROM? Because if there are they are not showing up for me.

Is there supposed to be extra civs other than what is in base ROM? Because if there are they are not showing up for me.

Just one, depending on the version you have, so its either Australia, or Pirates ?

I'm having a big problem, whenever I try to load some scenarios the loading for the game gets stuck on "Initializing" and I have to close the game. For the scenarios that do load there is no ground texture, the units, trees, and rivers show up but the entire ground is black.

I'm having a big problem, whenever I try to load some scenarios the loading for the game gets stuck on "Initializing" and I have to close the game. For the scenarios that do load there is no ground texture, the units, trees, and rivers show up but the entire ground is black.

Pls look at post # 2, near the bottom, and if that doesn't help, write again.

Nope, I'm still getting the black terrain, and some aren't even loading at all, including worlds made specifically for this mod.

My wife and I have been playing this mod for awhile, but v14 has caused us all kinds of issues. First the black terrain problem is happening on my machine (ATI 5800 GPU - latest drivers). Also, we get the lovely OOS error almost immediately now when trying to play. We've both gone back to v13 and having fun...hoping that v15 fixes the black terrain and whatever started causing the OOS problems. Keep up the great work!!! Thanks!

My wife and I have been playing this mod for awhile, but v14 has caused us all kinds of issues. First the black terrain problem is happening on my machine (ATI 5800 GPU - latest drivers). Also, we get the lovely OOS error almost immediately now when trying to play. We've both gone back to v13 and having fun...hoping that v15 fixes the black terrain and whatever started causing the OOS problems. Keep up the great work!!! Thanks!

Ive been playing with my wife also. Should have a couples team war lol. HMM the black terrain doesn't happen to us anymore and no OOS but do get some CTD. I don't have versions before 14. Did you make sure there is not other mods art conflicting in C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets. We had to delete ours just to get multiplayer to work. I think it came from some other mod and created interference.

Top Bottom