Caveman 2 Cosmos

improvements like palisade when you build them in the ancient era you are ok but when you move to classical era the cities are wall less

Did someone mess with the palisades or walls again? I had them all working correctly in v13:confused:

I have started a new game with V15, and I turned my graphics down to low.

Now my wanderer has a black square behind his head on the bottom left panel and when I click on end turn he turns into a priest or something briefly while the turn is processing.

Changing back to medium the black square is there but no more transforming while the turn is processing.

Thanks for the great mod and keep up the good work!

Save attached.

Attachments

• Martyn BC-11320 Wanderer Bug.zip
    256.8 KB · Views: 82
Good work on the new version. I had a chance to play for a bit yesterday and happy to report the black terrain issue didn't occur. :scan:

Didn't run into any critical problems, but here are a few small things I noticed:

1) A goody hut near my starting city kept "reforming" until I captured it. It had the animation like it was destroyed (actually similar animation to dust cloud left behind when an animal moves?), but then appeared again. Minor glitch. Once I got it, no more issue.

2) Weaving tech has no text when you discover it. No audio.

3) Flint Knapping has a Leonard Nimoy audio that doesn't match the written text. The text is one of your custom ones. Fire Making is exactly the same.

4) Basketry has stock text, but no Nimoy audio which does exist for it.

5) Regarding Culture builds : I made the European culture at my first city and it says it grants that culture to all other cities. Once I got my second city, I DID notice that culture listed there among the buildings, but I was still able to build the Culture "building" there. Is that supposed to be like that? Or should building the first one grant it everywhere else free?

In addition to those minor issues, it appears the barbarian Neanderthals have been disabled? I didn't see a single one spawn in my game and I did not turn them off in the setup. (Playing on Prince, large map, 3 other civs) Prior to starting, I did a Play Now to reset the settings since I read somewhere that settings can linger across mods, but using Play Now will reset to default.

If you guys need help getting text for those techs, let me know. I like this mod quite a bit and would be willing to help out where I can.

Update: Ok so when I loaded my game to play yesterday, the Neanderthals suddenly started to spawn. Interestingly enough, they didn't wander in from the fog of war, but instead plopped down on a few non-cultured tiles near my border. Each turn or maybe every other turn another one spawned there, and continued to spawn until my culture finally expanded over the spawn site. At the same time, I no longer saw any animals spawning. I have a few hunters out searching around but haven't found any wild animals, other than the crocs of course. Strange since when I first started they were spawning quite nicely.

Rev 251.
Native Explorer has a shiny pink button.
I captured a city which Tribe unit was in and I got a worker in the prehistoric era, not a gatherer.

I have started a new game with V15, and I turned my graphics down to low.

Now my wanderer has a black square behind his head on the bottom left panel and when I click on end turn he turns into a priest or something briefly while the turn is processing.

Changing back to medium the black square is there but no more transforming while the turn is processing.

Thanks for the great mod and keep up the good work!

Save attached.

Unfortunately this is all done by the graphics "engine" and is out of our control. It briefly looks like a priest because that is the base mode it is defined on.

Good work on the new version. I had a chance to play for a bit yesterday and happy to report the black terrain issue didn't occur. :scan:

Didn't run into any critical problems, but here are a few small things I noticed:

1) A goody hut near my starting city kept "reforming" until I captured it. It had the animation like it was destroyed, but then appeared again. Minor glitch. Once I got it, no more issue.

2) Weaving tech has no text when you discover it. No audio.

3) Flint Knapping has a Leonard Nimoy audio that doesn't match the written text. The text is one of your custom ones. Fire Making is exactly the same.

4) Basketry has stock text, but no Nimoy audio which does exist for it.

5) Regarding Culture builds : I made the European culture at my first city and it says it grants that culture to all other cities. Once I got my second city, I DID notice that culture listed there among the buildings, but I was still able to build the Culture "building" there. Is that supposed to be like that? Or should building the first one grant it everywhere else free?

In addition to those minor issues, it appears the barbarian Neanderthals have been disabled? I didn't see a single one spawn in my game and I did not turn them off in the setup. (Playing on Prince, large map, 3 other civs) Prior to starting, I did a Play Now to reset the settings since I read somewhere that settings can linger across mods, but using Play Now will reset to default.

If you guys need help getting text for those techs, let me know. I like this mod quite a bit and would be willing to help out where I can.

1) is a graphics glitch which we do need to track down.

Text we always need help with. In the technology XML file the field which contains the link for text for the quote is held in quote tag eg
Code:
			<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_RITUALISM_QUOTE</Quote>
for the ritualism tech. The text itself is put in another XML file in the TEXT folder.

The sound is a different problem. Yes we have the technology to do it, but no one sounds right. While I can talk BBC English, I tend to talk with a nasal east-Australian/West country UK accent.

My game goes into an infinite loop when I end this turn. Can someone check and see what might cause the problem?

That is a good one. I can confirm the apparent infinite loop "waiting for civs.." but can add that it will let me change techs, religion and more! I can't find the cause.

Hi C2C team !!I created this account just post my feedback, and a few sugestions !!
First of all, i would like to apologize for my bad english, since that's not my mother language.

Now, going to the point. I just finished a game of 1 month lenght, was version 13 (BTW i am downloading the new version) and i had the best experience in my life playing Civilization. I had only some few CTD's and the AI did pretty well (i was struggling to keep my civilization on the top 3, on monarch). Also, turn times was much faster than i expected. Really an amazing work of this team :)

And as said before, i would like to post some sugestions that i think will make this mod (or should i say expansion ??) even greater. I Dont know how hard will be to implement them, even if will be possible, since i have no idea about modding :(

Those sugestions are:

1) Is this possible to merge this mod (Culture over trade routes) to C2C ?? I think its nice the possibility of having a multicultural empire (maybe this can be controled by the immigration civics). Link here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=377967

2) A unit similiar to the great farmer, but instead of food, he would discover mineral resources, i think it would work great with the depletion mod, but may be OP without it.
This unit could be a national unit called geologist, and requires geologist school to be build.
It would have a button called "prospect". When prospecting the geologist have a great chance to discover a new mineral resource. Like oil if used on plains, deserts, and cooper if used on mountais, hills. Depleted mines cannot be prospected.

3) I don't like the name great farmer, since it has nothing to do with great people, i suggest to change the name to something like agronomist.

4) While i love all the religions this mod has, i don't think is necessary adding more. I don't think it will be fun with tons of religions.

5) And the last one, is a disease system. This system would spread diseases on unhealthy cities, and to the cities connected to them. I saw this feature on a mod a long time ago, unfortunally i dont remember which mod was :(

I would gladly do those changes by myself, but i really fail at modding.
Thanks for the patience, and for the good work !!

Hi C2C team !!I created this account just post my feedback, and a few sugestions !!
First of all, i would like to apologize for my bad english, since that's not my mother language.

Now, going to the point. I just finished a game of 1 month lenght, was version 13 (BTW i am downloading the new version) and i had the best experience in my life playing Civilization. I had only some few CTD's and the AI did pretty well (i was struggling to keep my civilization on the top 3, on monarch). Also, turn times was much faster than i expected. Really an amazing work of this team :)

And as said before, i would like to post some sugestions that i think will make this mod (or should i say expansion ??) even greater. I Dont know how hard will be to implement them, even if will be possible, since i have no idea about modding :(

Those sugestions are:

1) Is this possible to merge this mod (Culture over trade routes) to C2C ?? I think its nice the possibility of having a multicultural empire (maybe this can be controled by the immigration civics)

2) A unit similiar to the great farmer, but instead of food, he would discover mineral resources, i think it would work great with the depletion mod, but may be OP without it.
This unit could be a national unit called geologist, and requires geologist school to be build.
It would have a button called "prospect". When prospecting the geologist have a great chance to discover a new mineral resource like oil if used on plains, grasslands, and cooper if used on mountais, hills. Depletion mines cannot be prospected.

3) I don't like the name great farmer, since it has nothing to do with a greater people, i suggest to change the name to something like agronomist.

4) While i love all the religions this mod has, i don't think is necessary adding more. I don't think it will be fun with tons of reliogions.

5) And the last one, is a disease system. This system would spread diseases on unhealthy cities, and to the cities connected to them. I saw this feature on a mod a long time ago, unfortunally i dont remember which mod was :(

I would gladly do those changes by myself, but i really fail at modding.
Thanks for the patience, and for the good work !!

Welcome to CFC.

4) Extra religions can be removed by you if you don't want them. It is a simple matter of editing one file in the Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_religions folder. You edit the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml and change <bLoad>1</bLoad> to <bLoad>0</bLoad> for those religions you don't want. You can't remove the standard BtS or RoM religions tis way

5) I am working on but slowly. See thread for my ideas and please post yours.

Thanks Dancing Hoskuld for the quick reply and for the tip on how to deal with unwanted relgions :goodjob:

I loved your ideas for the disease system, glad to know you are working on it :)

Did someone mess with the palisades or walls again? I had them all working correctly in v13:confused:

I have not touched them. Maybe they got messed up with you were doing the graphics stuff (fixing the black terrain stuff). Anyone know when they disappeared? I did not even notice they were gone.

There are actually 2 buildings Native Culture and Culture. I had to do some tricks to make it work where every civ is part of a different culture set (ex. African, European, etc). Since you cannot give a specific building to a civ I had to make a dummy building called Native Culture (Human). All the unique buildings replace this so you should not encounter it in your game. However you cannot have these as a requirement for other buildings so I had to make each of these unique building produce a free building in every city. Unlike the building that produce this they can be present in ANY city no matter what civ you have.

To make a long story short native culture since its a unique building for specific civs cannot be limited to one like a national wonder since they all share the same building class (aka Native Culture (Human)). As a side effect of this you can build it in any city, but they are dirt cheap and give little benefits so it should not be too powerful or unbalancing to the game.

Basically it has to be this way or you could never make another culture building in an assimilated city.

It would have a button called "prospect". When prospecting the geologist have a great chance to discover a new mineral resource. Like oil if used on plains, deserts, and cooper if used on mountais, hills. Depleted mines cannot be prospected.

2. This has been discussed before. It would be called a "Great Prospector" and come around Geology tech. It has yet to be implemented yet. It has been suggested a few times now.

5. Dancing Hoskuld is planning/working on a disease system. For more about it go to this thread.

Hi, I have a question:
Is there any way to update the game without downoloading everything again? Is there any way to download only the changed files?

Thank you

I actually use SVN, and the link is on the first post in the SVN thread for this mod. THat way you can save a lbit of bandwidth, but SO is right, the FPK is something like 600 MB.
Anyway, you should go check out the SVN thread here.
As far as I can tell you can skip step A.1. I did, because despite technically contributing, it isn't worth talking about. It isn't necessary to download.
Unrelated: :D:D:D Australia as part of the core mod! Thanks guys!

Couple of bugs with workers in the late game. I know these are from v13 but since I know very few have made it to the late eras thought I would mention them.

Seems that workers are unable to build Modern Mines on Mountains. Similar problem with Hybrid Forests. My huge stack (12-16) gets down to 2 turns then it recycled back to 10 or however many turn it is supposed to take. Note the Modern Mines on Hills I can construct fine.

Unfortunately this is all done by the graphics "engine" and is out of our control. It briefly looks like a priest because that is the base mode it is defined on.

1) is a graphics glitch which we do need to track down.

Text we always need help with. In the technology XML file the field which contains the link for text for the quote is held in quote tag eg
Code:
			<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_RITUALISM_QUOTE</Quote>
for the ritualism tech. The text itself is put in another XML file in the TEXT folder.

The sound is a different problem. Yes we have the technology to do it, but no one sounds right. While I can talk BBC English, I tend to talk with a nasal east-Australian/West country UK accent.

I can certainly understand no one wanting to use their own voice. I think it's fine not to have the audio, it's just that for Basketry the quote you have listed has a Nimoy audio made for it. It just doesn't play. I'm not sure if there are any copyright issues with using movie quotes, but I'm sure there are some out there that could apply to techs. Offhand I think that quote from Conan would make a fun audio for some early war tech: "Crush da enemies, seem dem driven before you, and hear da lamentation of the women." :lol:

There are actually 2 buildings Native Culture and Culture. I had to do some tricks to make it work where every civ is part of a different culture set (ex. African, European, etc). Since you cannot give a specific building to a civ I had to make a dummy building called Native Culture (Human). All the unique buildings replace this so you should not encounter it in your game. However you cannot have these as a requirement for other buildings so I had to make each of these unique building produce a free building in every city. Unlike the building that produce this they can be present in ANY city no matter what civ you have.

To make a long story short native culture since its a unique building for specific civs cannot be limited to one like a national wonder since they all share the same building class (aka Native Culture (Human)). As a side effect of this you can build it in any city, but they are dirt cheap and give little benefits so it should not be too powerful or unbalancing to the game.

Basically it has to be this way or you could never make another culture building in an assimilated city.

That's a hell of a work around. But I am guessing easier than say making the Cultural stuff like Religions, which seems to intuitively make more sense, but probably harder to implement. In the religious-esque case you could make them based on a tech that the civ receives free as part of their civ starting bonuses, then maybe instead of requiring assimilation, they can be traded. I don't know enough about the intricacies of the system to know if that would be possible. I'm guessing you probably already considered it. I do like the concept though. Makes culture more in-depth than simply a stat and a purple border.:)

Version 15 keeps crashing when I try to start a game. I set all my options and it looks like it loads okay after clicking 'launch' but after a short time to crashes to desktop with the infamous "Civilization 4 has encountered an error and needs to close". I cleared he cache and cleared out the custom assets folder but it happened again. I'm using Win7 64 bit, 2.9ghz, 8gb ram, Intel graphics card, onboard sound. I've never had any previous versions (been playing since 8) give me this problem.

Version 15 keeps crashing when I try to start a game. I set all my options and it looks like it loads okay after clicking 'launch' but after a short time to crashes to desktop with the infamous "Civilization 4 has encountered an error and needs to close". I cleared he cache and cleared out the custom assets folder but it happened again. I'm using Win7 64 bit, 2.9ghz, 8gb ram, Intel graphics card, onboard sound. I've never had any previous versions (been playing since 8) give me this problem.

You more than like from the way it sounds got a bad d/l. Just re-d/l and start over, making sure you delete the previous version.

Is this a random thing then? Or is the game not playable?

I have an update coming for the "WfoC" problem, but am waiting for the weekend to end, cause other changes are going to impact the dll also, so i am just waiting, sorry everyone.

Top Bottom