AoD2 Latest version: Download here!

Something that would be cool in the next patch would be the return of the Conquest and Domination victories, so that you can play warmonger-style and conquer the new world for your homeland.

I don't see a Ver 1.12 bug thread so sorry if this isn't the place for this.

So I installed Ver 1.12 and put in the latest patch and that's it. No further discovery and for the most part all is well. Then I get a repeatable CTD. What's weird is that I've played this mod for a lot more turns earlier and had no problem.

I've included a save. Playing via steam w/Vista

Oh and I concur with what someone on another thread asked about. I tried to play Ozzy's America (due to them having Pirates) but I couldn't contact the Pirate King nor look at the European screen.

Oh and I concur with what someone on another thread asked about. I tried to play Ozzy's America (due to them having Pirates) but I couldn't contact the Pirate King nor look at the European screen.

See post 181.

Hi Dale,

I was updating Age of Futher Discovery for AoDII v1.12 and I found some audio errors in the logs while testing. I dunno if they're fixed on previous version, I download to v1.12 full version, not the patch...

Deakin leader music is set to:
Code:
AS2D_DIPLO_ENGLISH_COLONIST_LEADER_1
But the define actualy is (space missing before the "_1"):
Code:
AS2D_DIPLO_ENGLISH_COLONIST_LEADER _1

Zheng Chenggong leader music:
Code:
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>DIPLO_CHINESE_COLONIST_LEADER _1</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Diplomacy/ZhengChenggong</Filename>
			<LoadType>STREAMED</LoadType>
			<bIsCompressed>1</bIsCompressed>
			<bInGeneric>1</bInGeneric>
		</SoundData>

Should be:

Code:
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>DIPLO_CHINESE_COLONIST_LEADER _1</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Diplomacy/[COLOR="Red"]Zheng_Chenggong[/COLOR]</Filename>
			<LoadType>STREAMED</LoadType>
			<bIsCompressed>1</bIsCompressed>
			<bInGeneric>1</bInGeneric>
		</SoundData>

Those will be fixed in the next AoFD update, but there's also this in the xml log:
Code:
info type COLOR_FONT_CREAM not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
Not sure what that's about...

Hello everyboy,

first I want to thank you, Dale, for making this amazing mod, which made Civ4Col really enjoyable to play. Thanks!

I encountered a strange bug today, where i got 23 Million gold, and over 8 million of fur, lumber and tobacco at my first town out of nowwhere. This lead to immeadiate economic victory (18 million goods traded). I never used worldbuilder or any cheats in this save. Anybody any ideas how this could happen? (I attached the save game.)

Is it intended that the victory conditions for production (10000 per turn) and economic victory (100000 goods) are always the same, independent from diffculty and map size?
Seems odd to me. (Made me suspect something with instalation could be wrong, but the xmls seemed okay as far as I can say.)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Roland I.ColonizationSave
    277.6 KB · Views: 286
I had the bug I described in my last message (see one message above) again in my new save.
Again I got millions of goods and millions of gold out of nowwhere. After some reloading and ending many turns, I am relatively sure that the reason for this bug is buying "shortfall tools".
The bug only showed up after turns in which I had bought "shortfall tools" and the millions of goods are appearing in the town I bought the tools the turn before.

Has anybody any idea how to stop this (except not buying tools this way:)) or where the formula for buying shortfall tools is?:confused:

Am I really the only one having this bug? (I use the official patch and v1.12 and I installed Col and AoD anew after the first save.)

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Greetings

Bernd-das-Brot

Attachments

• Holland.ColonizationSave
    215.8 KB · Views: 335
Exceptionally nice mod. It has good replay value. Thanks for all your work. However, I don't believe the bell mechanic of the game is a good idea and may obscure your work. Personally I think Champlain is well suited to exploit this mechanic and may very well be overclocked. I tried him out in your mod with a Bastille/guillotine strategy. On governor and 8 colonies I ramped up to 10% bell production and maintained that level indefinitely. The bell production allowed me to hoard cross FFs ... You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what this means: a lot of useless colonists whose only purpose is to maintain that level of bell production without triggering an REF expansion. During this phase a person can build a military AND get a lot of bell multiplier buildings, including cathedrals, down to a single turn and leave them in the production queue. When your about ready for revolution, finish all these buildings fast and get the guillotine going. I was able to go from 10% to 53% in just 15 turns and only got two REF expansions. (I had also accidentally triggered one in the 10% phase when sentiment reached 12% when I was playing too fast.) Even at the DoI, I could guillotine all of the two colonists per city generated and have like 985 crosses per turn being converted to bells. All new colonists during the war were summarily executed. Not a lot of fun, but then the real French revolution was bloody.

Still, your mod can be played other ways and is enjoyable.

Thanks for a great mod,now here is the "but". My cronies and I play hotseat and have found that the education system can not function. The window to select a new profession and pay the charge occurs in the next player's turn,so your selection never happens.This,of course,means the Founding Fathers that enfluence education are almost worthless,and all veterans along with all other professions must be purchased and converted natives too cannot be trained.Single player mode works great.

well i made an account simply to reply to this.

must say so far this makes the game play alot more like the original though a few things are still off. but i am liking it.

my comments the REF stills seems grossly overpowered on pioneer hes got like 80 guys including ships and ill have a big 5 dragoons im just not seeing how to beat this guy.
would prefer units in europe to not bounce in price.
stills seems rather hard to get an army going.
would prefer ship of the line and frigates to be able to hold stuff.
one thing though is trading stinks should be like the original you trade 100 silver and AI gives you 2000 for it and you dont really get to see whether the AI has money or not for it they just give it to you otherwise im not seeing anyway if you pick elections its possible to make money.
all units should have a chance to escape to drydock.

i cant seem to get the pirates to play well i see there stuff in world builder but not a selectable nation?

still amazed something closer to this wasnt the actual released game.

I would like to play this mod however I cannot get it to load due to an XML bug. As it tries to load the mod, it always errors when it tries to load the XML. Can someone help me please?

Exceptionally nice mod. It has good replay value. Thanks for all your work. However, I don't believe the bell mechanic of the game is a good idea and may obscure your work. Personally I think Champlain is well suited to exploit this mechanic and may very well be overclocked. I tried him out in your mod with a Bastille/guillotine strategy. On governor and 8 colonies I ramped up to 10% bell production and maintained that level indefinitely. The bell production allowed me to hoard cross FFs ... You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what this means: a lot of useless colonists whose only purpose is to maintain that level of bell production without triggering an REF expansion. During this phase a person can build a military AND get a lot of bell multiplier buildings, including cathedrals, down to a single turn and leave them in the production queue. When your about ready for revolution, finish all these buildings fast and get the guillotine going. I was able to go from 10% to 53% in just 15 turns and only got two REF expansions. (I had also accidentally triggered one in the 10% phase when sentiment reached 12% when I was playing too fast.) Even at the DoI, I could guillotine all of the two colonists per city generated and have like 985 crosses per turn being converted to bells. All new colonists during the war were summarily executed. Not a lot of fun, but then the real French revolution was bloody.

Still, your mod can be played other ways and is enjoyable.

Why do people complain about how easy it is to exploit the game? If you find the exploits too easy... THEN DON'T EXPLOIT!

Play the game by completing the buildings instead of artificially queueing them and you won't have this "easy" victory.

Moderator Action: *snip* My face when i couldn't see all the damn pictures

Moderator Action: Please don't mindlessly spam around, it doesn't contribute to the forums.

Hello,

The mod loads successfully, but when I try to start a game (Play Now, Scenario, or Custom Game) I can select options and everything, but when the game starts to load Civ crashes.

Top Bottom