City growth strategy

steeemer

Chieftain
Can anyone tell me how many apples it takes to get from population 2 to population 3 and from population 3 to population 4 and so on?

It depends on the era, but in the ancient (first) era, it is 10*current population.

So to get from 1 to 2 pop, it is 1*10 = 10, while from 15 to 16 it is 15*10 = 150.

In later eras this multiplier is reduced to 9,8 and finally 6 (so cities of the same size grow faster in later eras, but they are typically larger, so the actual growth may be slower). You can get this information from this awesome chart.

I believe that aqueduct reduces the required about by 1/2. I'm not sure how the hanging gardens works exactly, nor how it stacks with the aqueduct.

It depends on the era, but in the ancient (first) era, it is 10*current population.

So to get from 1 to 2 pop, it is 1*10 = 10, while from 15 to 16 it is 15*10 = 150.

In later eras this multiplier is reduced to 9,8 and finally 6 (so cities of the same size grow faster in later eras, but they are typically larger, so the actual growth may be slower). You can get this information from this awesome chart.

I believe that aqueduct reduces the required about by 1/2. I'm not sure how the hanging gardens works exactly, nor how it stacks with the aqueduct.

It depends on the year, not the era. It goes from 10 to 6 per population like you said, and Acquaducts give you +50% food, not half food needed. Hanging gardens give you +50% population instantly. So, it works in this way:

2=3
3=5
4=6
5=8

And so on, and as you can see, it's better to have 3,5,7,9,11, etc..

Top Bottom