War

Duke Blackstone

John Marchman
On the extremly unlikely possibility that Team Two my begin transformationally pacifist trade balancing troop exercises at the borders of a terrorist nation in a pure pursuit of peaceful benefits, which said nation should we target for the benefits of liberation to it's people as a just cause? Would such manovers be possible and what force would be exercised for the optimal success rate of the democ- actualy make that monarch-arization of the said terrorists under the great and enlightened Emperor Lord Parkin, and who would support the enlightenment of the chosen barbarians sooner rather than later as their altogether inferior tech lead lengthens?

Heh... I think that before we make plans for war, we need to find where our rivals actually are first. ;)

But aside from that, I've actually talked with Joshua a bit about this, and if we continue to find ourselves in a hopeless position in this game, then it may well be in our best interests to just go crazy and embark upon a suicidal war. We're not going to survive in this game if we don't catch up in tech anyway, and at least this way we'd be going out on our own terms, as well as perhaps taking someone down with us. :D

As for who to war upon, Kaz seem attractive at least at the moment, if only because they've been rather rude to us in the past. It'd sort of be satisfying to get back at them at some stage. ;)

However, let's wait and see what happens first. If we manage to get a decent tech partnership going with MS, all may not yet be lost. :)

Hey, a strong millitary is ALWAYS good :) and it'll show on our score. I think our trade prospects with the 'Stans would be much more favorable if we have a deci or two of troops keeping watch when we find their borders. What are our current goals anyway? Meet the rest of the teams ASAP? More immortals just means more scouts. I actualy would like us to gain enough good land to sit and wonder whore tell we get to the modern era. But because of crappy timing aand a bad RNG luck we fell behind. If us and mad get together as partners we can afford to hold off a little longer but our kickass UU is becoming obsolete fast!

I'm afraid our UU is obsolete. Our hammer situation is so poor that raising sizeable army would take way too long all others will have spearman by then. Currently we can't even afford to build Work boat for scouting.

Hey, a strong millitary is ALWAYS good :) and it'll show on our score. I think our trade prospects with the 'Stans would be much more favorable if we have a deci or two of troops keeping watch when we find their borders. What are our current goals anyway? Meet the rest of the teams ASAP? More immortals just means more scouts. I actualy would like us to gain enough good land to sit and wonder whore tell we get to the modern era. But because of crappy timing aand a bad RNG luck we fell behind. If us and mad get together as partners we can afford to hold off a little longer but our kickass UU is becoming obsolete fast!
Actually a strong obsolete military isn't particularly good, especially if it's a drag on our maintenance costs. Plus I get the feeling Kaz would just respond to threats of force with force of their own. The most effective way of staging a war (and it won't be for a while) will be a quick and ruthless one - so they can't see it coming. ;)

All this is beside the point however, because as plako says, we are currently in no position to stage a war (even if we had the necessary land). We need to do quite a lot more expansion first, to get the necessary production. Then we might be able to start considering war. :)

Top Bottom