CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

It's showing a couple of players on my game WarningU2's Game ... as being eliminated but they are not.

The issue started when pitboss was inadvertantly shutdown without closing out civstats.

Just letting you know and wondered if this is a known problem ?

I'm sure it's a known problem, as it happens in lots of games and not just yours. I see it all the time in the games I'm in. It doesn't actually change their final status...just tosses out that line while it's reloading.

It looks like the civstats webserver is down at the moment? It's returning a ping, but no HTTP.

Is there a way to change the name of a game after it had already started?

??

Also, I had an idea for the My Games page. It would be neat to see a column showing me how long (on the game's clock, not real-time) it has been since I last ended a turn in each game. That would help me take at least 12 hours between turns during a war, without having to check the page for the individual game.

??

Also, I had an idea for the My Games page. It would be neat to see a column showing me how long (on the game's clock, not real-time) it has been since I last ended a turn in each game. That would help me take at least 12 hours between turns during a war, without having to check the page for the individual game.

12 hours between turns? That doesn't necessarily seem fair if you are at war with someone. Normally you'd want to give them at least 1/2 the timer value if you are waiting for them to move on a new turn.

By your logic, you could do a turn sequence that looks like:

1. Player A does his turn pretty quick.
2. Player B does his turn.
3. More than 12 hours elapses before the end of the turn.
4. Player B does his next turn before A has a chance to do anything.

I only mention this because I would have assumed most people just want the timer value and that is what is currently displayed.

Bernout

Is the civstats site down? I havn't been able to bring it up all day.

The website is down, along with email notifications, though I can ping it. I've PMed OverloadUT via Google, but he didn't respond.

Hi,
We have a private PitBoss match and I've been using Turn Notify to send e-mail notifications. Well, this was a big advantage but something was missing, so I made an irc bot that checks the mail periodically and reports on a given irc channel when it's time for the next turn.

Anyway, Turn Notify is a bit restricted: for example, you can't get player scores or the info about who has not completed his turn yet. Furthermore, sending and checking e-mail introduces a delay of 5-20 minutes. Would it be possible to create a version of Civstats client that writes the information to a file? Or, if it was possible to define the statistics server address in the Civstats client and the communication protocol was opened, it would be more than enough to create personal turn trackers.

Of course, other ideas are welcome, too :) And thanks for the Turn Notify and Civstats, really nice tools!

Hi Overload, first I want to thank you to offer such a awesome service to the community. I just registered my civstats account and am going to play my first Pitboss game now.

I want you to point on a rather small bug. I live in Germany where we have the GMT+1 timezone but I have to set it to GMT to get the proper time.

Cheers,
Klammi.

Hope this suggestion is not too late and forgive me if I missed it in any of the previous posts.

In looking for games to join, I have found it extremely frustrating to find the associated thread where the game was set up or discussed in order to find out if a particular AI is available for human take-over or not. If each game had a link to it's associated thread, that a host populates on registration, that would make it easier for players to find games. Obviously, if there is no link entered, players would now that AI's are intentional and additional players aren't sought.

I want you to point on a rather small bug. I live in Germany where we have the GMT+1 timezone but I have to set it to GMT to get the proper time.
Hmz, you are forgetting daylight savings time my friend... You much like holland are currently in winter time. Which is -1 hour making our time actually GMT not GMT+1

I am not getting my turn emails at my Hotmail address, I havent changed it and used to get them from civstats. Anyone have simular problems?

Edit: It seems to be an issue with Hotmail, as I am now getting it at my new address.

CivStats looks like a great web service and I tried to attach number
350, the Rasbora Pitboss game.

But it tries to "parse" and never finishes, so I have no log to
include or ini file to edit.

Does it try to use the Pitboss window with the information on?
I cannot use it either! It just gives me an hour-glass when I
go their with the mouse and I cannot push any buttons there
since a few hours after I started the game. The Pitboss answers
on the 2056 port but not on the GUI.

Do someone have a good idea what to do about the Pitboss?
I use the Warlords-2.08 Pitboss. :confused:

-- Stormumriken

Anyway, Turn Notify is a bit restricted: for example, you can't get player scores or the info about who has not completed his turn yet. Furthermore, sending and checking e-mail introduces a delay of 5-20 minutes. Would it be possible to create a version of Civstats client that writes the information to a file? Or, if it was possible to define the statistics server address in the Civstats client and the communication protocol was opened, it would be more than enough to create personal turn trackers.
This proved to be very easy once I got around to investigate the message format. I now have a PHP script (running on localhost, redirected with hosts) that accepts and saves the data that the Civstats uploader sends. If someone else is interested in this, just tell.

I am having a problem adding a game, I wondered if anyone could help me, or has experienced something similar.

I have the uploader running on the server along with the pitboss game, it detects the game name, and it parses and monitors the data fine when activaded(I checked the logs). It even appears to sucsessfully connect to the server according to the little network icon, and when I input an incorrect password the server replys with a login error.

My problem is on step 3 when adding a game to the website, I have the uploader running, only when I click next on step 3 the website gives me an error saying "Uploader not connected"

I have tried this countless times now with no luck.

I have checked my portforwarding just incase, but 80 is open on my router (as I use the same machine as a web server), which is the port it uses apparently. I don't have a firewall on my PC, and windows firwall is disabled.

It must be something really simple, I just don't know what.

I am having a problem adding a game, I wondered if anyone could help me, or has experienced something similar.

I have the uploader running on the server along with the pitboss game, it detects the game name, and it parses and monitors the data fine when activaded(I checked the logs). It even appears to sucsessfully connect to the server according to the little network icon, and when I input an incorrect password the server replys with a login error.

My problem is on step 3 when adding a game to the website, I have the uploader running, only when I click next on step 3 the website gives me an error saying "Uploader not connected"

I have tried this countless times now with no luck.

I have checked my portforwarding just incase, but 80 is open on my router (as I use the same machine as a web server), which is the port it uses apparently. I don't have a firewall on my PC, and windows firwall is disabled.

It must be something really simple, I just don't know what.

Make sure the name you selected for your game on Civstats is the same as the name you selected when you first ran Pitboss.

Top Bottom