Turn Tracker Thread

Lord Parkin

aka emperor
Please continue discussions about exploration in this thread. Do not reply to this thread - you can subscribe using the "thread tools" link to the upper-right of this post. This way the only reply notifications everyone receives will be the turn player's reports on the turns after they are played. Thank you. :)

Just logged into the game for the first time, and all seems to be working well. :) Team Kazakhstan is first up, so we'll have to wait for them to play before we can do anything.

After I play each turn, I'll post a turn report and (if necessary) a screenshot or two in this thread. So subscribe to this thread if you want to get updated on the latest news with each turn that we play!

Game on. :D

All right.

Hope you don't find if I poke in from time to time to look around. I won't touch anything! ;)

All right.

Hope you don't find if I poke in from time to time to look around. I won't touch anything! ;)
I don't mind at all. Anyone else is most welcome to log into the game at any time too. Just remember not to touch anything while you're in there unless you're the designated turn player. :)

Well, we've made our first turn. :D

Scout moved NE, no other interesting resources founded, so settled in place. Only 2 resources in the BFC (for now). Began building a Warrior, working the 2f 1h grassland-forest tile. Began research on Fishing.

Next turn, where shall we move the scout? SE?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0726.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0726.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 1,357
se sounds good to me

Pls Sticky :) thanks

Can we do diffrient threads for the discussion and just use this one for turn tracking? Sorry :p OCD much and I'm too lazy to search for screenshots

Pls Sticky :) thanks
Right, will get that done. :)

Southeast on that plains hill would be the best option.

So the first team settled in place judging from their score. Wonder what the other three teams will do after us....
An update: Team 3 apparently also settled in place, just after we did. Team 4 did not settle in the first turn. Team 5 is currently up to play, so we'll see what they do...

Can we do diffrient threads for the discussion and just use this one for turn tracking? Sorry :p OCD much and I'm too lazy to search for screenshots
Good idea - easier for everyone that way, probably. Better to only get notifications from this thread when there's a new turn up.

Please continue discussions about exploration in this thread. Do not reply to this thread except for reporting the turns after they are played.

One thing I feel like pointing out is horses. Our UU is pretty superb, if nothing else than for strong early defense against barbs (which can keep up with settlers) so getting them would be great. As far as I'm aware, they can't appear on hills, forests, or deserts. If that's right, we have a grand total of 0 possible visible spaces for horses so far.

What I'm saying is that if we see some open plains nearby to the east we might want to do a little extra exploration there to increase the chances of us finding them asap.

One thing I feel like pointing out is horses. Our UU is pretty superb, if nothing else than for strong early defense against barbs (which can keep up with settlers) so getting them would be great. As far as I'm aware, they can't appear on hills, forests, or deserts. If that's right, we have a grand total of 0 possible visible spaces for horses so far.

What I'm saying is that if we see some open plains nearby to the east we might want to do a little extra exploration there to increase the chances of us finding them asap.
Discussion continued in this thread. :)

3960 BC:

Our scout moves south-east, and finds... desert, and more flood plains. Hmm, looks like we'll have no shortage of cottage cities. :D Still no sign of any other resources yet though... :(

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0727.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0727.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 541
cha ching!! $$$

but guessing if we have something like this so do other teams to even out start.
Probably. Remember to try to keep replies to the other thread. :)

3920 BC:

Scout moved SE-NE.

Well, we don't have quite as many flood plains as we might have thought... several hills in there. And STILL not a resource in sight... :(

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0728.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0728.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 476
Man that stinks. Maybe we'll have iron and copper in the desert though, if there aren't other resources already in the region.

Top Bottom