Game Saturn

Hmm, saw it somewhere in this forum so I will ask here. If you have researched more than 1 requisite for the tech is it cheaper? I am sure I saw someone say it somewhere.

For example if pottery AH and writing had costs of 50-75-100 respectively would researching both pottery and AH mak writing cost 85 say?

Also how come I have seen only one hut but some of you have gained 2 techs from hut?

Hmm, saw it somewhere in this forum so I will ask here. If you have researched more than 1 requisite for the tech is it cheaper? I am sure I saw someone say it somewhere.

For example if pottery AH and writing had costs of 50-75-100 respectively would researching both pottery and AH mak writing cost 85 say?

Also how come I have seen only one hut but some of you have gained 2 techs from hut?

Yep, I'm pretty sure every prerequisite gives a 20% bonus to beakers or something close to that. Some of that automatically has to happen but if there are optional routes, stacking them together increases the bonus.

Also we just found more huts than you. :)

Meant to add a cry and wink smiley but oh well. DOes this 20% bonus apply to the first tech you research in order to get it?

Meant to add a cry and wink smiley but oh well. DOes this 20% bonus apply to the first tech you research in order to get it?

Yes, you'll always have a little discount for techs. (except for the opening six of course)

TWO huts in TWO turns.

TWO maps.

Now, I did get to see the center of someone else's capital, but...seriously, I'd rather get MAPS!

Also, just a general question. From one of the maps, I saw a hut somewhere near my capital. Does that mean the hut is there? It's unlikely anyone will get to it, but if a hut appears on a map, that means it's still available, right?

Yep, I'm pretty sure every prerequisite gives a 20% bonus to beakers or something close to that. Some of that automatically has to happen but if there are optional routes, stacking them together increases the bonus.
Yep, you're correct. Except I'm not sure if this is capped at 40% or not (in the case of Writing, where you could theoretically get up to 60% bonus).

Yes, you'll always have a little discount for techs. (except for the opening six of course)
And except for the other assorted ones that don't have an "arrow" prerequisite (like Divine Right), I think.

Also, just a general question. From one of the maps, I saw a hut somewhere near my capital. Does that mean the hut is there? It's unlikely anyone will get to it, but if a hut appears on a map, that means it's still available, right?
It should do. The map should be correct as of the present turn. Although of course, by the time you get to the hut, someone could have already got there first and thus removed it. ;)

By the way, congratulations on founding Buddhism a few turns ago... Amethyst, I think? :)

Yep, you're correct. Except I'm not sure if this is capped at 40% or not (in the case of Writing, where you could theoretically get up to 60% bonus).

Nope, I've never heard of a cap before. If something has three techs (writing, pottery, scientific method, etc) it can be sped up by 60% as far as I know.

And except for the other assorted ones that don't have an "arrow" prerequisite (like Divine Right), I think.

Nothing to do with arrows. Divine Right is sped up 20% by Theology and 20% by Monarchy.

By the way, congratulations on founding Buddhism a few turns ago... Amethyst, I think?

Not Amethyst, Russia doesn't begin with mysticism. It was founded a turn ago by Elucidus, (of Holy Rome) his score went up that turn and the only other civ with mysticism (DMOC of Inca) didn't.

You gonna get Hinduism DMOC? :p

Us busybodies should defintely point out these things here as soon as we notice them, so no one misses out on these very important announcements. :)

Nope, I've never heard of a cap before. If something has three techs (writing, pottery, scientific method, etc) it can be sped up by 60% as far as I know.
I think there was a cap at one stage (or for one patch), or at least I heard that. It may not be the case now, though.

Nothing to do with arrows. Divine Right is sped up 20% by Theology and 20% by Monarchy.
Hmm, ok, good to know. So Pottery can be sped up to 60% if you have The Wheel in addition to Fishing and Agriculture?

Not Amethyst, Russia doesn't begin with mysticism. It was founded a turn ago by Elucidus, (of Holy Rome) his score went up that turn and the only other civ with mysticism (DMOC of Inca) didn't.
OK, thanks. I'd logged out of the game by the time I was looking at the Civstats scores, and couldn't remember exactly which year I'd seen it founded on.

You gonna get Hinduism DMOC? :p
Yes, please do tell us. :D

Us busybodies should defintely point out these things here as soon as we notice them, so no one misses out on these very important announcements. :)
Indeed. I missed the religion thing last turn and only just noticed it now. I'll keep a closer eye on things from now on.

I hope I meet someone soon. I'm excited to see who the other civs on my continent will be. (Assuming there's more than one continent, which should [95% positive] be the case since we're on "Normal Continents".) :)

You guys analyze too much, would be fun with the no score mod huh? :)
Actually, in a friendly game like this, I think it's more fun to be able to see and compare what everyone's doing. Besides, this way the newer players can learn some things about how you can read information in multiplayer, so it helps them out. :)

Actually, in a friendly game like this, I think it's more fun to be able to see and compare what everyone's doing. Besides, this way the newer players can learn some things about how you can read information in multiplayer, so it helps them out. :)

I have to agree :goodjob:

I am a little color blind so I can't give a precise answer. :p It was interesting to see the name of the capital, though.

SCREENSHOTSCREENSHOTSCREENSHOTSCREENSHOT

Should be easy to crop out any top secret information.

Also I wouldn't want a no score mod, what would I be able to analyze each turn? :p

Unfortunately looking at his login history it doesn't seem like Dux will be here a while, but dang we were close to a five hour turn session. Probably would've been a record for a dozen players spread out across so many time zones. :)

Oh well, no big deal.

Though usually can't you mouse over tiles and see their nationality in the bottom left? Or is that not the case this early on or something?

Top Bottom