The Global Foyer

The quatronia confuses me a bit, it is CDZ we want to talk about the 4 way tech alliance not quatronia (quatronia is in the 4 way trade).

So we need to ask quatronia more or less the same things we asked from Amazon and tell CDZ that we are concirned about the 4 way tech exchange.

Obviously you are right, and I have gotten confused again. On the bright side though, I can more or less use what I wrote as the draft for Quatronia and rewrite it to address CDZ. :)

I've given Snaker8 the task of writing the draft for Quatronia. :)

Draft for Team CDZ

I have chosen to be forthcoming with some rather obvious information. Sooner or later they'll find out anyways, if they don't already know most of it, and getting a little goodwill doesn't really hurt. However, the final decision lies with you, Your Majesty! :)

I think I speak for us all when I say this can't continue. I would try to use misinformation to spread distrust between those involved in the trades.
"TEAM A was talking to us about invading your great nation and plundering it for themselves, TEAM B. They will surely deny they ever said anything like that, but we must be on our guard, for we of Merlot do not trust them either. Perhaps our nations can forge an agreement to trade the bounties of technology we both carry?"
Of course this idea may not work and has major potential disadvantages. My point is, the longer you let any type of agreement or alliance last, the stronger it becomes. If you can't bring about suspicion and distrust between those involved, it will grow over time. Besides, diplomatically destroying relationships between nations is much less costly than going to war.

But I'm not the official diplomat on any of these matters, so you are welcome to ignore my ideas ;)

The idea is sound - but sadly extremely difficult to incorporate at this time. With the amount of experienced players in this MTDG, it is quite obvious that noone would even consider invading another nation so early in the game. And the island topography of the map means that early invasions is more or less a lesson in futility, if I've understood our Imperial strategists correctly.

We'll need something a bit more feasible and subtle if we want to do this properly.

Regarding some of my previous post, I would like to apologize to the King, I did not mean to upset anyone.

I am currently working on the draft for the response to Quatronia, as Sir Caledorn may already have said. Before I can really start I require some information from the King. Here's the message I'm responding to if you are unsure of what I speak of:
Dear Sir Caledorn of Merlot:
We are glad to hear your great experiment in monarchy is doing well, and indeed thriving. While we believe that trading resources might not be possible until astronomy, we look forward to the day we can kick back by popping open an imported bottle of the finest from the vineyards of Merlot.

In regards to technology trading, what did you have in mind? We are very eager to get some beneficial trades going between our two peoples. If you could give us an idea of what you are looking to trade for we could get the ball rolling.

Ambassador CharlemagneXLII,
The Continuum,
Quatronia.
I would like to know what the King wishes to trade, or wishes to divulge to Quatronia. Once I know this I can properly write up a draft which should convey Merlot's decent intentions.

Regarding some of my previous post, I would like to apologize to the King, I did not mean to upset anyone.

I am currently working on the draft for the response to Quatronia, as Sir Caledorn may already have said. Before I can really start I require some information from the King. Here's the message I'm responding to if you are unsure of what I speak of:

I would like to know what the King wishes to trade, or wishes to divulge to Quatronia. Once I know this I can properly write up a draft which should convey Merlot's decent intentions.

Nice to see you involved with crafting our diplomacy Sir Snaker, my responce was a bit elevated, I just wanted to make sure that this issue is clear as I find it an important one.

I feel we need to be open with Quatronia, tell them that we are teching Monarchy and that we would like to trade and that we would like to see them as long term allies.

Sounds good to me.

Not sure how "brave" our Scientists are, but they are damn brilliant!

We have discovered that opening our borders to other nations does not allow for trade, because of the nature of the strange waters separating each of our homelands.

Sounds like they tried to trade resources with a neighbor, not realized ocean tile impact and also this;

We look forward to the days when our ships will grow large enough to transport these goods across the world. Our people would love to sample your exotic goods, and share the abundance of our island.

Suggesting no longterms deals have been finalized, and are atleast feigning the availability of these resources.

I have written a draft of the Quatronia reply - there is probably much to add, but this at least begins it. Please give some feedback so I know what to change.
Draft for Quatronia Reply

This looks very good, Sir Snaker8!

His Majesty will have to approve it of course, he may want some additions or reductions - however, in form and tact the letter is very very good, and just the way I like it! :)

Thank you, Sir Caledorn.
I am awaiting a reply from the King on the matter so that I may edit it if need be, then I will send it if there are no further objections...

Reply sounds good lets send it :)

Done, Your Majesty!

Nice work, Sir Snaker8 :) Please remember to update the status in the Diplomatic Archives to Sent :)

May I ask His Majesty's permission to assign Sir Snaker8 as the Diplomatic Contact for Quatronia and one other team of my choosing at some point?

I will, of course, be the person responsible for receiving and sending off the envoys - but it will put some workload off my shoulders in terms of knowing someone else writes the drafts to these 2 teams, as well as giving consistency to the teams (as in they don't get confused by having to relate to 2 people, unless one of us is unable to come online for a while).

May I ask His Majesty's permission to assign Sir Snaker8 as the Diplomatic Contact for Quatronia and one other team of my choosing at some point?

I will, of course, be the person responsible for receiving and sending off the envoys - but it will put some workload off my shoulders in terms of knowing someone else writes the drafts to these 2 teams, as well as giving consistency to the teams (as in they don't get confused by having to relate to 2 people, unless one of us is unable to come online for a while).

Of course, you are the imperial diplomat an are free to assign any diplo role you may see fit to anyone.

I would think that at some point you, snaker or anyone else involved in diplo will have to chat using msn or something with the diplomats from other teams. This will accelerate things alot and will be healpfull for conclusions.

Yes, an IM communication would definitely help speed things up. At some point, especially if we enter an alliance, we should introduce the idea to the other team diplomat(s).

I would like to state that after talking with Sir Snaker8, he will be appointed the official Ambassador to Team Quatronia and Team Mavericks. I will be handling the three other teams. In the case of abscence of one of us, the person left will of course be handling the Diplomatic Affairs with all the teams during the period of abscence.

Also, just for the record, my contact information for MSN/EMail is posted in this thread if any of the team members need it. If anyone requests that information from the other teams, and it's not posted via the official diplomatic channels, feel free to share it with them at your discretion of course (Note that if anyone adds me to MSN, please include a note about the MTDG in the add-request, so I know where you're coming from).

I feel as if I'm spamming the thread on my own right now .. Buuuut, anyways. ;)

Please review my draft for the latest communication to Team Sirius.

Top Bottom