The War Room

By half-price you mean PS+Forge? To get the nitpicking out of the way that would make for "67%-price" boats.

You are correct, and I guess I shouldn't have tried to bullsh*t that past congress so easily :p

Naturally we can't tell for now yet if we even do have close opponents that could be attacked, but we should start drafting up something ahead of time, instead of waiting till the last second again.

I really would try to avoid a war with Raggy also, but if we have a chance to cripple them NOW, that's much better than waiting for their UU to get online. As soon as fishing is in after we've finished our Mids quest, I guess we can whip a pop for a 30 hammer workboat. Then send it off East while we get a galley up after Sailing to see what we can settle that direction. Then come the triremes. If we don't get into a war, we should at least have some naval plan to BARB-FARM off barb-galleys to get to level IV somewhere.

It may be hard to find enough barb galleys around, but maybe we can lure them from all parts of the globe with our first WB and then sink them that way.

I'm sure Snaaty will want to disagree with me here, but I really am itching for a naval war. Oh, and BTW... GOD WILLS IT!

Then it must be so. (Yeah, I too would love a naval war.)

If we do get Triremes early, we can wreak havoc on a neighbor civ. If they have settled off of their island, basically we can divide their empire by sea. Once we discover where the bulk of their military lives, we can invade the weaker land mass :lol::lol::lol:

I feel so dirty!

When we blockade a neighbour and one-by-one take all his islands as they watch, we will have to let the others know they need to STAY OUT of it. We'll give them the excuse that Amazon's (or whoever) attacked one of our workboats, or TRIED to sink one of our galleys. Haha! So that excuse should save relations for a while with the others.

As I understand it, as long as you DoW a nation before someone else knows either of you, they can't tell who did the DoW first correct? Maybe we can come up with some other excuse, that they threatened us or were simply RUDE to us :p

As I understand it, as long as you DoW a nation before someone else knows either of you, they can't tell who did the DoW first correct?
Nope, not correct. The F4 screen will stupidly still list the -3 "You declared war on us" modifier, in the proper direction.

That said, the diplo department should be able to handle it like you say. :D

Well that’s just wonderful (not).

Regardless, it looks like we can be 98% sure at this point that attack in & out from our spot before Astro can only be from the East. At least this COULD make things easier for us. We could set up galley ferry/transfer points along that coast to speed up the movement of troops/etc just a little.

We could also just waltz into first team's territory and wait for them to dow in us. Or when they tell us to leave, we tell them to buzz of:D

If we can pull off getting MC, I'd press strongly for a substantial trireme fleet to stuff a neighbor, perhaps two. Perhaps designate a city early to just trireme production after a few essentials are taken care of (namely granary)? I think the more we have, the better we'll be able to pull this off. Two - three a civ depending on how the map is made (maybe only one if there's only one tile a civ can move to to land on the mainland) ought to be enough to block everyone.

==========================================================

Alright, time to dust off the old battle-plans and start getting some plans down soon. Looks like it is inevitable we are gong to have a 2vs1 dogpile here by YOU KNOW WHO!

Despite we know what's coming, we STILL may be able to get a pre-emptive strike. Hopefully at least taking a city or some such booty. So, let's still act like ******s who are trying to be friends, but get some real decisive plan in place.

Unfortunately, right now our strongest land-unit is the warrior, haha! This is going to be a bit painful since Amazons are going to spam their Immortals after all.

Since Cyrus is going to eventually get a whole line on our demographics in the near future, I may have no choice now but to re-target our spy pts back against him. I THINK that should block him? I'm not 100% sure how the mechanics work in the current patch. Does it go by total points accumulated, or by how many SPECIFIC pts we sent against that specific civ to make his viewing on us harder?

Anyhow, here is Hannibal's powergraph. Note that we should have a small spike next turn since we'll pop both another warrior and our first galley.

Top Bottom