Ragnar Diplomacy

This all sounds good to me. They clearly give us idea that lovefest is not that strong as we suspected!

Did you respond directly about our alliance with Pacal?

I told them the truth about everything that they can self-validate from examination :p

But I have not heard back any new pvms in all these hours now. Either I rattled them too much, or perhaps not enough. Hmm...

I'm pretty sure the last few turns till the Cartage Artist COUNT-DOWN has them a little nervous right now ;P

Indiansmoke pvmed me tonight BTW and said that Ragnar may be wanting to remove himself from the alliance, and that's why he asked if we had any pact with them.

To be honest, I don't quite see that happening, unless Ragnar knows that Willem/Cyrus will be pissed to hell if Raggy DoWs on Carthage very soon, then create a block on him. That is POSSIBLE, but I think it's most likely Pacal is afraid he'll get dog-piled on by Ragnar too, and want's us to tell Ragnar we do have a pact to save their skin. In fact, he even told me to tell Ragnar that.

Indiansmoke pvmed me tonight BTW and said that Ragnar may be wanting to remove himself from the alliance, and that's why he asked if we had any pact with them.

To be honest, I don't quite see that happening, unless Ragnar knows that Willem/Cyrus will be pissed to hell if Raggy DoWs on Carthage very soon, then create a block on him. That is POSSIBLE, but I think it's most likely Pacal is afraid he'll get dog-piled on by Ragnar too, and want's us to tell Ragnar we do have a pact to save their skin. In fact, he even told me to tell Ragnar that.

saving pacals skin in this situation might very well mean saving our own... ...he´s the only partern we have right now, so i would do everything to keep him alive and teching. if that is what ragnar wants to know, i would tell him so.

i would write ragnar something along this lines:

we have been forced to work together with pacal because the other 4 teams (including your team) have refused to trade and cooperate with us right from the point we met them. we have no treaties, alliance or pact with team pacal, but allowing the 4 allied teams to kill pacal without us interfering would turn the 4 vs 2 situation effectively into a 4 vs 1 situation after pacal is no more. so if the circumstances dont change, we will have to support pacal with whatever we can. since you have some good players in your team, i guess you will understand this. but if you have some offers for us that might change the overall situation, we are open for suggestion.

Snaaty: The general gist of your message is good. But I would be a bit more cautious in telling Ragnar that we would be willing to effectively betray Pacal for them.

Firstly, because Pacal are currently our "allies" and we don't want to be quoted to them as saying we'd be happy to throw them to the wolves (or beserkers as it were...)

Secondly, because they also appear to be far more trustworthy than the vikings who seem to me to be extremely opportunistic.

Maybe we should imply more that if Ragnar were to DOW carthage, we should try and make this a 3 v. 3 with ragnar the greatest chance of profiting by taking some cities.

I'm quite ahead of you and have already mentioned most of this in my last pvm to Ragnar quite a while ago (which they never returned for some reason).

Anyhow, I got IndianSmoke to find me a diplo letter they sent to Ragnar early in the game:

Greetings from His Majesty, Emperor Indiansmoke I of Team Merlot!

As you may have noticed Team Quatronia have declared war on us and sunk our workboat, so that we don't explore further in this world and we have declared war on Team Amazon.

We want to inform you that we don't consider you part of this war, despite the 4 nation alliance you are in, and that our business is with Team Amazon and not with you.

Team Amazon has been lying to us systematically from the moment we met them, and we do not look upon lies and deception kindly.

We also want to bring to your attention that we have every reason to believe that Team Amazon and Team Sirius are in an alliance from the beginning of game, and are now in fact an alliance inside the alliance and will be watching each other's backs until the end of this game... Naturally after we and Team Mavericks are majorly out-teched and removed from the map, their eyes will be on you, the only remaining threat as they don't consider Team Quatronia a major threat.

We will be here to talk openly in case you decide and/or are allowed to do so.

Meanwhile we will focus our entertainment on the badly dressed ladies to the north.

Kind regards,

Sir Caledorn
Imperial Head Diplomat of Merlot
on behalf of Emperor Indiansmoke I

Ragnar's concern with a potential culture bomb means we hit a soft spot -- they are already distrustful of Quatronia. Good news for us.

Snaaty: ragnar is my best friend

getting quoted means nothing in a demo game. it´s simply too easy to edit a quoted text (or to make it up) and doing such things only is part of the game. team pacal simply wouldnt believe it. we need to check out team ragnar. if they take the bait, we might be able to break the alliance... ...that doesnt mean we have to let down pacal;)

Top Bottom