Will(does) BTS fix the crashes and when can we get a fix for vanilla?

tariqari

Warlord
After updating to newest release, I am still crashing to desktop especially on larger maps.

I have heard that most crashes will be fixed in BTS, is it also true that the MAF issue will also be fixed?

And will they port this patch to vanilla??

I am almost afraid to buy BTS because I will continue to crash and not be able to play it...

One MAF error has been fixed. The Windows XP limit of 2 GB memory allocation hasn't been fixed, but there is a windows-fix for it - see this thread.

There is speculation that they won't patch Civ4 with this fix, because it breaks backwards compatibility. Not sure if this is confirmed, but I do know they haven't fixed it in vanilla yet.

Well as much as I would like to believe that is a fix, it isn't :/

I am starting to realize that the problem is most likely that C-IV just really needs additional memory. Which in this case the box is kind of lying in saying you can get away with 512-1 gig of ram.

Well as much as I would like to believe that is a fix, it isn't :/

I am starting to realize that the problem is most likely that C-IV just really needs additional memory. Which in this case the box is kind of lying in saying you can get away with 512-1 gig of ram.
Gyathaar can explain this better than me.

There are two issues - one was in creating autosaves, where the compression library would fail with the Memory Allocation Failure - that is fixed.

The other is that Windows XP can only address up to 2 GB of memory in a standard configuration - any more than that, and you need to modify settings.

Ok, but the only thing for me is I don't have more than one gig of memory to begin with, which some where in that thread it claims that you need at least 2 gigs for it to work. Do I need more RAM or a better video card? I will be buying BtS tommorow, I hope the problem fixed with BtS is my problem :undecide:

Gyathaar can explain this better than me.

There are two issues - one was in creating autosaves, where the compression library would fail with the Memory Allocation Failure - that is fixed.

The other is that Windows XP can only address up to 2 GB of memory in a standard configuration - any more than that, and you need to modify settings.

Hey I just wanted to let you and everyone else know, that I bought BtS and I don't have the problem anymore. I loaded up the RFC scenario starting with Egypt and have reached the year 1980, having met countless CIVs and Independent tribes and a whole ton of units, I have not had ONE single crash!!! :D

Top Bottom