Race: Lizardmen
Government: Tribal Council
Stability: 5
Economy: <To be determined by mod>
Treasury: <To be determined by mod>
Strategic Resources: None Developed
Military:<To be determined by mod>
Navy:None
Description: The scaly reptile folk of Zugurai are known for their perceptiveness and awareness. Many of these lizardmen make good scouts or traders due to these inherent traits. Zugurai itself was "started" when the lizardmen of the city of Ari Ctarelai began to subjugate smaller local tribes of lizardmen in an attempt to "enlighten" and "civilize" the poor savages. At its inception, Zugurai is led by the great Ashu (Zugur word for "tribal leader") by the name of Kathas.

The Zugur system of belief entails the worship of stars as a way to motivate crops to grow and be plentiful. Live sacrifices of incompetent lizardfolk are often carried out in ceremonial fashion to enrich the experience. The religion is known by the Zugur as Nimmu.

Color: Indigo

Expressing interest. I will either take japanese samurai elves or greeland vampires and post the full application when I have time.

Lol i just have nearly an hour with nothing to do so I guess I am posting my stuff now :)

&#27704;&#36960;&#12392;&#26628;&#20809;&#12398;&#12456;&#12523;&#12501;&#12398;&#24093;&#22269;
(Eien to eik&#333; no Erufu no teikoku) known to inferior subjugated races as the Glorious and Eternal Elven Empire
Race: High Elves
Government: Theocratic Monarchy led by the &#31070;&#12398;&#29579; (Kami no &#333;) or God-Emperor
Economy: <To be determined by mod
Strategic Resources: none developed yet, in the future maybe some sun-metal used to craft the weapons of the Higher Kin
Military: <To be determined by mod> The Eternal Empire's army consists mostly of Samurai infantry and tiger-riders. Whilst they are very few, the warriors of the Higher Kin receive great training due to their long lifspan. An Elvish warrior alone can probably match alone several combattants from "inferior" races
Navy: <To be determined by mod> a few elven warships, enough to guarantee links between korea and japan
The High Elves have always lived considering themselves superior to all other races. They believe themselves the descent of &#22826;&#38525;&#31070;(Taiy&#333;-shin), the god of the sun and think their emperor to be its very incarnation. Anynon-elf is in the eyes of the Higher Kin hardly better than cattle.
The High Elves are dedicated to their society. Service to the Empire comes before everything else, even life , as the highest honor is that of dying in service of the Empire, something considerable given the long lifespan of the higher elves (150 to 300 years) and low population resulting from it.
Merit determines rank in the Eternal and Glorious Empire and even members of the most lowly families can be given great honor if they have served well the Emperor.
Aside from merit and dedication, honor is fundamental to the society of the Higher Kin and is closely linked to the former. Skill at battle is also given great respect due to the Eternal Empire's warlike history.
The Empire itself came into being after a great famine that struck Honshu when a great Elven warrior took the head of his kin and led them to invade the more fertile lands of Korea. Today the Glorious and Eternal Empire holds with a iron fist the lands of the Japanese archipelago and the Korean peninsula as well as the few human slaves that have the misfotune to have found themselves in the way of the Higher Kin.

It is on, Willy Wonka.

Though I'm a bit confused - is your nation mostly orcs? Orcs and their predecessors? Half-orcs?

The Treants of Elgathon

Elgathon (Ophorian)
Race: Treant
Government: Tribal Council
Military: <To be determined by mod>
Navy: None
Description: The treants are at one with nature, living in harmony with their surroundings. They live vegan diets and the slaughter of cattle or animals is absolutely not tolerated, except in self defense. But really, what animal is gonna try and murder a living tree? None, that's what. Pacifists by nature, the treants avoid conflict as best they can, and prefer discourse over brash actions. To that end, the treants are ruled by a tribal council that deliberates all viewpoints before deciding on a course of action for society.

The treants stand on average fifteen feet high, and are imposing figures. Though they may have many branches, their two main branches on the left and right act as arms, extending down towards a 'hand' comprised' of three more claw like branches. As one would expect, the treants are incredibly vulnerable to fire, though mobile trees have the advantage of jumping into water to quash the flames.

I don't think it's been claimed yet, so I'll grab the southern tip of Australia on the Cape York Peninsula, just across the strait from New Guinea. A dark green would be nice.

BTW, das, is their any Russian or native Siberian folklore about spiders that I could possibly incorporate into my nation? I did a bit of research but didn't come up with anything obvious.

Race: Frost Goblins
Government: despotic theocracy
Stability: <To be determined by mod>
Military: <To be determined by mod> (may ride wolfs or polar bears :crazyeye: )
Description: Vicious variety of the Goblin species. Known for there xenophobia and religious extremism. There oppressive and patriarchal society know well both hunger and poverty yet they continue to exist in the inhospitable frozen north. They are a ugly, small, nasty and fool smelling people with only there natural frost resist resistance and savage cunning to serve as an equalizer.
Mod Notes: <Race specific, story specific, nonsense will be here for my recollection. See example in above post>

BTW, das, is their any Russian or native Siberian folklore about spiders that I could possibly incorporate into my nation? I did a bit of research but didn't come up with anything obvious.

Nothing that comes to mind immediately. But I'll try and do some digging a bit later.

EDIT: I ran into some awesome Siberian mammoth lore not too long ago though. Are you sure you can't make a few adjustments? :p

The Holy People are gods now. They live on an alternate Earth/Heaven/the Moon/Faerie.

EDIT: It's Book of Enoch having a lovechild with Irish Mythology, which was then raised by the Muscogee.

Righto.

To tell the truth I was hoping someone would make more orcs, but I thought it would be somewhere in Eurasia, since that's where they come from and I implied there are more left there. But then, I also wanted someone in America for me to antagonise, so this works out just fine.

Iggy, I haven't found much on spiders except for two tantalising bits: in Slavic folklore spiders were (supposedly) associated with childbirth and also the origins of the world, explaining traditional "straw spider" decorations hanging over cradles (don't get your hopes up though, they don't look much like spiders, at least to my eye); and, even more tentatively, some Siberian myths apparently associated spiders with the afterlife and the souls of the dead.

There was also some line about "Grandmother Spider, Mother of the Sun, who weaved the world/cosmos out of [a material produced by] her own body" on the Slavic site, but it sounds kind of like a dubious "neo-pagan" reconstruction. Still, that may not matter too much for this.

I found the idea of orcs taking over America far more amusing. Genocide the weaker races, push them onto reservations/alternate dimensions.

Fantastic stuff, guys. What about mammoth riding spider warriors!? That would be pretty original. I am wondering where exactly in Siberia you're wanting to start though. It's a big place, that Siberia.
Also fun to point out that the European tundra is home to both goblinoid races.

This is going to kind of hard to manage a political map in the waters at the same time as on lands, but I'll do my best. Has this been done before? If so, how? (Remember I've been out of the loop for 4 entire years) Would it be rather dumb to have 2 entirely different political maps, one land and one water, or would it?

I'd imagine that a coloured layer at half opacity on top of the ocean colour might work, assuming you're not gonna go grab a map of the ocean floor.

You never did answer the question about magic, Amon. Though I guess it would be somewhat weird to allow fantasy races and not allow any other fantasy elements.

Is... magic a thing?

Morthur(Golden1Knight)
Race: Dwarves
Government: Meritocracy of Clans
Military: <To be determined by mod>
Description: The Dwarves of the Andes are a notoriously tough and proud people. However, they do not limit their grumpy lives to the mountains: they are more than able to thrive outside their burrows, although their hearts are always with the Cordillera. They really appreciate stone work, preferring to live in large underground cities. When on the surface, they usually build solid stone houses, and their colonies often appear to be a set of stone blocks. The power is in the hands of the clans, which are headed by the most skilled dwarves. The clans elect a King among them, whose office is lifelong but not hereditary. Every dwarf is a member of a clan, and each clan dominates a certain region. The skills that are most valued by these people include the art of creating, shaping and war.
Mod Notes: <Race specific, story specific, nonsense will be here for my recollection. See example in above post>

Well, any color will do.

Edit: A more precise location would be the area of the Andes close to Amazonia.

Good question on magic. I'm guessing this is a popular demand sort of thing, so sure. I'll wing it on balance, and require material components for certain effects to be traded for and/or bought with Jack. I imagine this to be an agreeable position. I don't want magic to dominate the world, but I would like the possibility for primitive traditionalist civilizations to survive in an increasingly technological world. It would also be fun to see the effects of magic in the industrialising and modern world.

Top Bottom