While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

I'm pretty happy all things considered. I'm about to graduate actually :)

Yay Nuka :D

I keep myself happy by exercising my radical freedom.

YET some men say in many parts of England that King Arthur is not dead, but had by the will of our Lord Jesu into another place; and men say that he shall come again, and he shall win the holy cross. I will not say it shall be so, but rather I will say: here in this world he changed his life. But many men say that there is written upon his tomb this verse: Hic jacet Arthurus, Rex quondam, Rexque futurus. - La Morte D'arthur

There are stories told around camp fires and banquet tables of a world that man once ruled. There are legends that speak of ancient kings enslaving the very forces of nature to their whim, binding lightning to serve in their fortresses and wielding sorceries to shape the very earth. Certainly, the great rusting expanses of the ancient cities lead credence to those tales.

They also bear proof to their conclusion.

In all the stories, man delved too deep, meddled with a power that should not have been trifled with, and lost everything. The secrets of the ancient sorceries were stripped from them, and with it, the power that allowed them to light their homes at night without fire, to kill their enemies at a distance of miles, to soar through the air on a whim, and, most importantly, to feed the teeming masses.

All the stories agree that the famine and disease tore through the lands on a scale that can scarcely be imagined.

But, life went on, and people survived. Generations passed, many of them, and the truths of the past faded into myth and legend.

Welcome to...
the Mists of Avalon

The Mists of Avalon take place in a post-post-apocalyptic Britain. The past is dead, but your ancestors survived it’s death and have forged something out of the rust and ashes.

None of the chemical and physical reactions that make modern technology or warfare possible exist, yet life goes on. Most people don’t believe, in fact, that the stories of what mankind accomplished in the past are anything but exaggerated stories and legends.

There is only more thing universally of note for the inhabitants of the Isles. They are in all ways that matter a prison. People know that there was once a larger world beyond the rocky shores of Brittania, but that world is forever lost. A thick mist floats miles off shore, and none who have sailed into the mist have returned.

Hey fellas, just thought i'd drop in and let the subscribers of this thread know that I am running DominatrNES 4 which will hopefully get off the ground soon. It is hard finding interest because the forums are split, but please give it a look. It is a stat based cradle NES, pretty low maintenance for players and I can produce weekly updates to keep the player base engaged.

Hey fellas, just thought i'd drop in and let the subscribers of this thread know that I am running DominatrNES 4 which will hopefully get off the ground soon. It is hard finding interest because the forums are split, but please give it a look. It is a stat based cradle NES, pretty low maintenance for players and I can produce weekly updates to keep the player base engaged.

It isn't really split, so much as people disliking associating with this forum based on the problems caused by the staff. You can run a thread over there and several people on Frontier are bound to join.

Moderator Action: FYI. CFC will be down starting in a few hours and lasting through the weekend. This is due to the AtomicGamer shutdown and migration of servers. More details in Site Feedback

You know, since we don't exist and are apparently too elitist to accept anyone, I suggest we rename this WWW to something a bit more ethereal and snobbish.

Top Bottom