HOLY JIHAD! Advantages of the Religious-Militaristic Civ!

The "That makes no sense" line was pretty funny. Someone does need to start a thread arguing with themself over something basic and mundane.

Tomoyo is not DOMANDEST. I make this clear. Tomoyo is excellent....
But domandest is HARDCORE. yesssssssssssDOAMANDEST!

And Tomoyo - beachhead invasions are fun, but you're right, there are other ways of doing things. Sometimes you're ibvading a small island, no mountains on it or anything that even in the modern age you can usually plunk an infantry or two down and cripple the AI. If only that were always the case...

DOMAMDESTROYONCONTACT

I've always been a fan of Militaristic + Religious. It gives a balance between a builder's game and a warmonger and gives you a strong cultural start no matter what the difficulty. These two traits is a good match for the tweener type players who build a little and fight a little and its strength shows with the higher difficulty settings. A Machiavellian 'variant' or game where the player is pusuing goals outside the hardcoded settings will also benefit from this trait combo since they neither specialize in war nor in a pure builder's game. They need flexibility.

The religious trait also gives 1 turn anarchies and makes happiness management much easier. Both bonsues are big at Emperor and beyond.

This is almost excactly the way I play. except I go for Conquest. Japan is the only rel-mil (Atzecs used to be it as well before conquests). Remember also that "stealing" resources and luxuries by putting cities right up to other tribes cities is a strategy - until yiu can conquer them. The AI doesn't care too much, but doing it to a human player it is a declaration of war

Xcusing for double post, but I forgot to mention. What happened to the plans for fudamentalistic goverments in conquests (or was it PTW)?

That could perhaps have been the perfect goverment.

I usually play at feudalism the whole game

hmmm. This just will not work at higher levels....

Despot will cripple you
you wont be able to attack and "bully for tech"
If you want to be offencive.. y bother with temple? just rush another offencive unit! Keep the suckers happy with the luxurys you plunder.
An who defends sticking with vanilla :crazyeye: :eek: LMAO

Japan is a very fun civ.

Anyway, on higher levels, it's definately possible to bully tech on higher levels... as long as you're the one doing the bullying.

I think my computer is fine, and you're sig reads out:

"Strategy:Machiavellian Doctrine: Managing The Word "

How do you know he doesn't mean 'word'?. :mischief:

How is breaking RoP an exploit? You pay the price with the reputation hit.

How is breaking RoP an exploit? You pay the price with the reputation hit.

Amen. It really annoys me when people call it cheating. If the game developers thought it was cheating, they would've made RoP's like locked alliances.

RoP Rape-
Good- Easy conquest
Bad- Rep hit, takes away possibilty of diplo victory (unless some sorta war situation) and trading.

Own said:
Amen. It really annoys me when people call it cheating. If the game developers thought it was cheating, they would've made RoP's like locked alliances.

RoP Rape-
Good- Easy conquest
Bad- Rep hit, takes away possibilty of diplo victory (unless some sorta war situation) and trading.

I thought ROP violations cause rep hits regardless of war?

Top Bottom