El-J 03 ~ Going Rogue, AoI Style

I can play whenever so let Adler go first.

BTW, I think we should name all our ships we build Historically. In all the games I play I name them like so, so for example,
HMJS Fuji BB, but since Donkeyman did the type of ship in () we could do, So (BB)HMJS Fuji.
It might sound like hard work, but it kinda adds a fun flavor to the game ;)

Here is some cool Wiki Pages on IJN ships--yup all of em ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Japanese_Navy
I has differant sections for each kind of ship, Like
Battleships, and Pc, and Cruisers and Destroyers,

So like i was thinking we would name the Battleships after the Real life Battleships named there, same with all the other types of ship.

I hope this helps.. ;)

I do that often. I like to dig information and name units as real divisions, regiments, arillery batteries, anything. Especially in historical scenarios! :)

It is quite hard sometimes as I don't always know (like some units in Barbarossa II -scenario) what division/regiment/artillerybattery/etc. the maker of the mod is meaning. Like the 36th Infantry Division of the Third Reich. I know it existed but Wikipedia doesn't have any info on it and Google is giving mostly American 36th Divisions. :rolleyes:

But I agree with ZeletDude. Renaming units as their realworld counterparts would add some more fun to the game. At least for me and ZeletDude. I don't know about you, guys. :p

In my games I alway tried to name ships after real ships. Two things: The Kriegsmarine had never a suffix in contrast to the Imperial Navy. Indeed even today suffixes are not used officially on German ships. However, in NATO German ships are having the suffix FGS.
I think it is better to have the ships named this way: BB Nagato.
HMJS or IJS were never used, so should be out. The class of the ship should be at the front to have a better overview about the type of ship you are using as the ships are listed by their names! And to attack with the carrier Akagi instead of the cruiser Atago isn't that good. It is also better for an overview.
Thanks BZW. I will play tomorrow CET.

Adler

I will be offline for 2 days (24th and 25th) so if it gets to my turn before 26th (which it sure does) skip me. ;)

Merry Christmas to all! :santa2:

In my games I alway tried to name ships after real ships. Two things: The Kriegsmarine had never a suffix in contrast to the Imperial Navy. Indeed even today suffixes are not used officially on German ships. However, in NATO German ships are having the suffix FGS.
I think it is better to have the ships named this way: BB Nagato.
HMJS or IJS were never used, so should be out. The class of the ship should be at the front to have a better overview about the type of ship you are using as the ships are listed by their names! And to attack with the carrier Akagi instead of the cruiser Atago isn't that good. It is also better for an overview.
Thanks BZW. I will play tomorrow CET.

Adler

Yeah I know about the suffixes, Also I agree w/ what you said, we should remove HMJS.

I will be offline for 2 days (24th and 25th) so if it gets to my turn before 26th (which it sure does) skip me.

Merry Christmas to all!

I will be gone the 25th too, I Don't really know about the 26th, but probably, so if my turn is then too skip me aswell

I think we should name all our ships we build Historically...So like i was thinking we would name the Battleships after the Real life Battleships named there, same with all the other types of ship.

I like to dig information and name units as real divisions, regiments, arillery batteries, anything. Especially in historical scenarios! :)

...But I agree with ZeletDude. Renaming units as their realworld counterparts would add some more fun to the game. At least for me and ZeletDude. I don't know about you, guys. :p

I've been thinking the same thing.:goodjob:

All bets are off regarding Transports, though. I've been visualizing Transports named Leaky Junk, Rust Bucket, Creaking Sampan, Outrigger Canoe...:lol:

Japanese merchants typically have Maru in their name, so for Maimonides example, you would have Leaky Maru, Rusty Maru, Creaking Maru, etc.

I call "Kobiyashi Maru" for my first Transport.

heh, i usually name my transport units in SGs after baseball players :lol: guess i'll have to stick to the Nippon League now :)

new confirmed order:

6.) Adler17 -- up

on deck
7.) Whomp
8.) ZeletDude
9.) ChaosArbiter
10.) Maimonides
1.) El Justo

Turn 26: Deleted the suffixes. Renamed one gunboat to Hyuga as we had two gunboats Fuso. Kagoshima is building world fair I.

Remark: You should make Hamburg culturally stronger to cope with Amsterdam!

IBT: Nothing to report.

Turn 27:
Sapporo, Taipai: Factory
Tokyo, Osaka: Manufactoring Plant
3 RM ready. TR Akita on the way to Pusan

IBT:
Nothing to report

Turn 28:
Akita arrives at Pusan.

IBT: Nothing to report.

Turn 29:
New technology to discover: Electron
Production was hurried in: Sapporo, Akita, Sendai, Pusan, Seoul, Osaka and Taipai.

IBT: Britain at war with Russians! Shanghai bombarded by the Russian fleet.

Turn 30:
Sapporo, Taipai, Pusan: Theater
Akita, Sendai, Seoul: Manufactoring Plant
Kagoshima: Research Lab
3 Raw Materials returned.

BTW: It is Kaiserwilhelmland. No s inbetween.

IBT: Hispaniola is at war with the Brits. Grover Cleveland blackmails us to pay 92 GP. I do so, as we're not strong enough. Yet.

Week 31: Tokyo: Wright Flyer

The first Olympic Games of modern days take place in Tokyo!

Now I give it up to you.

Remarks: The wars Britain now has could have been a good situation to declare war on them. So we could gain some Pacific islands and in China Shanghai and HK. However, we don't have any forces strong enough. We should do that: Building up infrastructure. Using the money we get to hurry them and then concentrating on the build up of units. And that should happen FAST!!!

Merry Christmas!

Adler

Attachments

• AoI_Japanese_Game-31.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
I would disagree on a war with the Brits at this time. The only two pop centers they have even close to us is Hong Kong and Shanghai and both typically have a good number of defenders since production is so good there. After those two, the next closest is Sibu. I do agree it would be nice to take both Hong Kong and Shanghai, but we just don't have the troops and fleet to do that yet. Their time will come, but not until later.

We have 3 more science wonders that are important to our tech lead and infrastructure left to complete along with then working the colonial side with that tech wonder as well along with some other important infrastructure improvements from the ag and mine developments. In addition, we will pick up the military academy and Tokyo will soon be pumping out vet troops for our first campaign. There will be a window later in this era where cities are done with improvements and will have a chance to go into furious military unit production before we start the next era and go through another (shorter) window of infrastructure improvements.

I know someone also commented on taking out Manila when we do Spain. Manila is one of the most heavily defended pop centers in the Pacific and would take a huge effort to take it down. I prefer to take everything else Spain has besides Manila in a first campaign against them and I often don't take Manila until later in a game where I can mass a huge battle fleet with the specific purpose of wiping Manila out. While we are at it, may as well take the Philipino insurgents out as well when Manila goes.

on deck
7.) Whomp
8.) ZeletDude
9.) ChaosArbiter
10.) Maimonides
1.) El Justo

Whomp can't play until the 26th & ZeletDude can't play until the 27th. OK to bump up ChaosArbiter?

Remark: You should make Hamburg culturally stronger to cope with Amsterdam!

Don't worry. The Beatles will play there in the early 1960s.:lol: (The Christmas-themed smiley for "Wink" looks like it's sleeping...)

The first Olympic Games of modern days take place in Tokyo!

Japan wins the gold medal in archery!:king:

I would disagree on a war with the Brits at this time. The only two pop centers they have even close to us is Hong Kong and Shanghai and both typically have a good number of defenders since production is so good there. After those two, the next closest is Sibu. I do agree it would be nice to take both Hong Kong and Shanghai, but we just don't have the troops and fleet to do that yet. Their time will come, but not until later.

I agree.

We have 3 more science wonders that are important to our tech lead and infrastructure left to complete along with then working the colonial side with that tech wonder as well along with some other important infrastructure improvements from the ag and mine developments. In addition, we will pick up the military academy and Tokyo will soon be pumping out vet troops for our first campaign. There will be a window later in this era where cities are done with improvements and will have a chance to go into furious military unit production before we start the next era and go through another (shorter) window of infrastructure improvements.

This all sounds good, but should Tokyo be the city building troops? Maybe we should put the Military Academy & Wright Flyers elsewhere so Tokyo is free to keep up on Improvements & build Wonders.

I know someone also commented on taking out Manila when we do Spain. Manila is one of the most heavily defended pop centers in the Pacific and would take a huge effort to take it down. I prefer to take everything else Spain has besides Manila in a first campaign against them and I often don't take Manila until later in a game where I can mass a huge battle fleet with the specific purpose of wiping Manila out. While we are at it, may as well take the Philipino insurgents out as well when Manila goes.

Good to know. Let's see what kind of forces we can amass when the time comes. It would not be good to leave a well-garrisoned, hostile base (Spanish Manila) in our rear.

Maybe we should put the Military Academy & Wright Flyers elsewhere so Tokyo is free to keep up on Improvements & build Wonders.
Mil-Acad *must* go in the Capital. The Flyer should go somewhere else, though.

Edit: Don't know if ZD has it or not - he said he'd be gone the 25th, but didn't say anything about the 24th - but I snagged the save and I'll get started. Preflight: Eat, Drink, and Pray. :p

Well, nothing bad happened. At least, if something did I missed it.

Preflight (Week 17, Turn 0): Eat, Drink, and Pray :p. Change Tokyo to RR Corp (prebuild?), set Kagoshima to Queue Flyer, but that'll probably change. Debate switching Pusan and Taipei's Theater to Library, but leave it. Set all Engineers to Road the tiles they're standing on.

IBT: Nothing special.

Week 21, Turn 1/32:
Kagoshima builds World Fair 1. Flyer would be done in 8, but ... leave it in as a Prebuild for TRS next turn. Taipei produces RM. Send TR Akita down to get it. Switch Niigata to University (from Infantry). Enter ....

IBT: Realize during the shelling of Shanghai that the ships can teleport. I'm not used to the game not showing all the moves.

Week 25, Turn 2/33:
Begin work on Military Tradition. Begin work on Factory in Hamhung (Hospital completed). Can either leave the Civil Engineers in the north to help Akita or send them south to work on Kagoshima. .... Switch Kagoshima to Transoceanic Radio Signal (7 Turns), Tokyo ... Tokyo can either switch to Electron now (2 Turns) or work on the RR Corp (2 turns), I think. I would normally get the Corp going because the AI wouldn't be this far on lower levels ... and no one's working on any wonders now except us. Getting the Electron would give us Mil-Trad (after two turns of research out of 4, on 0% science) and another Tech, probably Agri-Ref. If I keep working on RR, we should build the Electron the turn after completing Mil-Trad, giving us two more techs, so that's what I'll do. I hope it doesn't blow up in my face.

Oh, right, the Engineers. Send them down to Kagoshima, have them Rail the Industry tile (3 turns). Akita, RM gathered, sits outside Kagoshima harbor. Enter.

IBT: Nada.

Week 29, Turn 3/34:
Get a message about Sapporo needing a Hospital. Say "Doing just fine." Chinese fail to plant a spy. Cultural boundaries changed with Russia, although I'm not sure what ... it appears to be the three upper tiles in Sapporo's upper-left X, although they aren't usable this turn unless I want to send a ship down to claim them. Cash in RM at Osaka. Russia has a Transport, Gunboat, and two Cruisers parked outside Kagoshima, and I'm now wondering if changing that Infantry build in Niigata was wise. Decide to Rush Factory in Hamhung (704 Gold vs 6316 in Bank). Wish more colonies were developed so building Workers for the homeland wouldn't be so bad. Enter.

IBT: Siam wants 100 gold. I say "no." They become cautious, possibly due to having lost the paperwork to declare war. :/

Week 33, Turn 4/35:
Sapporo builds Theatre, switches to Stock Exchange (for now) - the only thing cheaper to build would be Sewers at 4 turns, although several others are at 6 turns with the Exchange. Tokyo builds RR Corp, switches to Electron (4 turns); I'm apparently bad at guessing turns for wonders to build, who knew? TRS is three turns .... Hamhung begins work on a Library. Taipei begins work on a Worker. Should probably have gone for a Library, but. Niigata builds the Uni ... and I set it back to Infantry. I begin to think I've gotten in far over my head. Central S Americans fail to plant a spy. Kagoshima is 5 turns from the Transoceanic Radio Signal. Rush Financial Institution in Ryukyu Islands (692 out of 6879). The two Russian Cruisers and the TR head SW, roughly toward Midway; I suspect they're going to Port Moresby, though. Conscripts outside Hamhung are set to Mine the Hill they're on (8 Turns). *sigh* Enter.

IBT: Nothing.

Week 37, Turn 5/36:
Set Ryukus to building University. Mexicans fail to plant a spy. Send TR Akita to wait in Taipei; Workers there finish Roading the Forest, so I have them being RR'ing the Mined Plains. I'm letting the next guy handle the Civil Engineers by Kagoshima - I would have them rail the Rice Plains, but I'm not entirely sure. We'll get Mil-Trad next turn.

We've been 4-turning techs fairly well, and getting 1325 gpt (or something like that) at 0% Science. I think we can start rushing more Improvements we really want, but I didn't want to try for too many things. Alright, I hope I didn't screw anything up (either with the game or the attachment), as I don't think i'll be able to get here between tonight and tomorrow evening. :/

Whomp can't play until the 26th & ZeletDude can't play until the 27th. OK to bump up ChaosArbiter?
I just woke up so I can play today, but not tomorrow and next day

Turn 27:
Sapporo, Taipai: Factory
Tokyo, Osaka: Manufactoring Plant
3 RM ready. TR Akita on the way to Pusan

Btw, There is a VP location in Korea, it is under 2 of the 3 Trench Works, Just saying..

Top Bottom