[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

one thing from warlords that i'd like to see 9other than vassal states, i'd love to see them in, but i understand it's nearly impossible to back-rev) is the great wall graphics effect. i remember you said somewhere you don't like it's mechanical application, and i' don't either, but it's just so cool to see that wall around your civ. it needs to be in FFH somewhere.
I don't have any good ideas for a wonder, but if anyone does they should post 'em, and in the meantime i'll think on it.

Kael said:
That is correct.

Indeed. Any particular thought behind that? I mean, lumbermills is one of few uses I could see the Khazad having for them. But I guess they are well enough off with their dwarven mines.

Either way, gotta say I enjoy them. They are an interesting lot, since the introduction of their vault and all.

And so sickeningly defensive! I played a game with a friend, me as Khazad and him as Doviello. I ended up on a continent with Elohim, Ljosalfar and Malakim. So no warmongering neighbors. He ended up on a small continent / large island just south, southeast of "my" continent, together with Infernals and Lanun. On my suggestion, he went all out and eradicated them. But since he's a -greedy- bastard and NEVER learns that too much conquest kills his economy, he ended up in dire economic straits. So all of a sudden he starts asking me for money, for nothing in return. I tell him to bugger off. So after a while a ~15 unit stack of experienced Doviello Axemen led by a Giant and a Witch Doctor appear outside my border, via Open Borders through the Malakin lands. He starts demanding money or death, and we haggle over it while I try to arrange my defenses. In the end, I refuse to pay him. So he attacks. But I manage to get an additional gaggle of Hammerfists into the city first, along with Bambur. In the end.. -All- his Axemen died without taking down a single one of mine. ^^ 70% city defense with city walls, built on a hill, held by Hammerfists with Combat II, Enchanted Blade and Shock I or Guerilla I, or Combat III.

It was brutal, and amusing..! :goodjob:

Cheers!

The fool, a dwarf never gives up his gold.

Kael said:

Exactly!

Although I did 'give up' a bit of gold to emergency upgrade all my leftover Warriors gathered in the capitol to Hammerfists. Fifteen Warriors all in one grand sweep. Cost a hefty penny, even with the Ingenuity trait. *s*

OK so let me get this straight, Light, Fire, then Shadow. For some reason i thought there were 4 phases...

Patch "G" is up and linked in the first post. It contains the following updates:

Patch g will break save games!

1. Removed the Adaptive trait from Jonas and Sheelba (returned them to their origional traits).
2. Changed the Adaptive trait to allow the player to change his bonus trait every 100 turns (adjusted by gamespeed).
3. Added the Insane trait (randomly selects 3 traits at the games start and a 1% chance per turn of changing them).
4. Gave Perpentach the Insane trait.
5. Earthquake fixed (with code by Teg_Navanis).
6. Adaptive leaders that select the financial trait correctly gain yield bonus's.
7. Bowyers requires Bronze Working tech instead of Construction (works better since longbowmen require copper).
8. Religion founding techs can no longer be attained from goodie huts.
9. Reduced the cost on Way of the Wicked and Way of the Wise from 400 to 300.
10. Monks increased from 1 to 2 moves.
11. Earth summons are no longer "alive" so they wont be processed by the soul forge, turned into werewolves, get diseased, etc.
12. The Lanun's -1 food from farms is no longer applied to team mates.
13. Kuriotate players can choose to found a settlement instead of a city if it isnt their first city and they havent reached their max city number.
14. All of the civs are now displayed in the Pedia, even if they aren't playable.
15. Converting rooted units no longer gives them 998 moves (fix by Sto).
16. Error in Righteous Cause fixed (fix by Sto).
17. Feast ability reduced to the cities population -3 in xp, instead of the population -2.
18. Feast ability angry timer increased to 3 turns everytime it is used instead of 2 turns.
19. Added in 12monkeys excellent PlotListEnhancment modpack (it is truely cool).
20. End turns reduced by 25%.
21. Units converted to werewolves don't retain their previous promotions (no more taskmaster or fireballing werewolves).
22. Thane of Kilmorph and Stonewardens can learn divine life spells.
23. Changed the Burning Blood spell to be targetable (so the caster can cast it on another unit in his tile).
24. Added a self only version of Burning Blood for the Moroi.
25. Made twincast only learnable by hero casters.

jafink said:
OK so let me get this straight, Light, Fire, then Shadow. For some reason i thought there were 4 phases...

There is a phase after "Shadow" called "Ice"

Good Sauce said:
one thing from warlords that i'd like to see 9other than vassal states, i'd love to see them in, but i understand it's nearly impossible to back-rev) is the great wall graphics effect. i remember you said somewhere you don't like it's mechanical application, and i' don't either, but it's just so cool to see that wall around your civ. it needs to be in FFH somewhere.
I don't have any good ideas for a wonder, but if anyone does they should post 'em, and in the meantime i'll think on it.

Just an idea I'm throwing here: how about giving it the effect to stop natural religion spreading to the cities inside the wall ? Only disciples could be used to spread religions the other side of the wall. I'm afraid that might be a little hard to do (and I agree the benefit could be rather small), but you could see that as either a means for the Order the "contain" the expansion of the Veil, a means for the Veil to force its people into the "right faith", or simply a generic way for closed-up egocentric civs to lock themselves inside and keep all those strange foreign religions out.

Note that religion spreading is only a means to reflect this. Blocking trade routes is another idea, but I can hardly imagine why you'd block yourself from efficiently trading with other civs (that is, without the benefits you can get from using Mercantilism instead). Or maybe you can just have this applied to almost any wonder but using the wall to explicitely mark up the cities that are actually concerned by the wonder's effects.

(on a side note, I plan to get Warlords next week, so I actually still don't know much about the GW, except for what has already been discussed in the various CFC threads, maybe there are much better things to do with it)

Kael said:

I call that the "AGLK Syndrom", for Abusively Greedy Little Khazad, it helps thinking about it as something they are fully aware of but really can't help about :D (it's not like they were trying anyway)

Hey Kael, 1 question, not all leaders of civilizations can be builded or used as units? BecauseI played 2 games already with your mod and I saw some AI with the unit of their leader(at least I guess -.-) and I couldent "use" my leader, is that true? Or did I say any bullsht or Im just a noob? :p

So I just played a game as Clan of Embers, and they may be a bit overpowered if you are going for a conquest victory. The game lasted literally 43 minutes and less than 200 turns. Once I got Rantine, I started pumping out axemen and quickly killed everyone. When you don't have to worry about keeping cities and dealing with maintenance because of it, things become much simpler. I also got lucky a bit that Capria (the closest civilization to me) captured Orthus Axe right before I was going to attack them, so Rantine took the axe, and with that, combat 5, mobility and march (later got Hero I and II and shock), Capria, Morgoth and Valledia were no match whatsoever.

Don't know what can be done for balance with this (maybe make the barbarians revolt earlier because they didn't revolt until the last civ had two cities left), but it did go a bit too quickly I think.

Just my two cents.

Idea for the Great Wall: have units within the wall become damaged, al la the Russians in Rhye's and Fall. keep it within the borders of the wall and not the civs borders in general, so it defend your original core cities, but not your latter expansions.
Don't know what you could call it, as the name 'Great Wall' dosen't fit the flavor well. 'Living Wall'? could require body mana and stone?

(feel free to skip this post unless you're one of the people working on this mod) (and even then there's nothing really important ;P)

I just wanted to say: I haven't played FFH since one of the last 1.x versions and I downloaded 2015 the other day and started playing a game as the Khazad, and DAMN I'm loving it! It's so huge and addictive! It's almost like you have to learn an entire new (but at least equally cool) game. I'm definitely addicted to this again, and I daresay I haven't even scratched the surface. I'm about 130 rounds in on a quick speed game and I'm only slowly moving toward the cool stuff.

I just wanted to say (I think this is the fourth time or say I say this ;P) thank you for your work and this amazing free addition to civ4.

Now I just wished I had about 20 additional hours in every day.

No one answered this question yesterday but I would appreciate it if someone could have a look and reply. Thanks.

My Orc Spearman units are invisible except for the spears. Do I have a problem or is the unit still in development. I noticed it before in roaming barbarians but never thought too much about it until I started my current game as the Clan of the Embers.

I have also seen a similar thing with the Lizardman units.

carnivore said:
any visual or text updates in the g patch ?

Yeah, new graphics for the adventurers guild building, inn building and the plot list enchancement.

Hundreds of text updates as I continue to root through and try to get rid of all fo the broken text tags.

What's this phase thing... You mean we'll have another mod called FFH3?

Broken Hawk said:
No one answered this question yesterday but I would appreciate it if someone could have a look and reply. Thanks.

My Orc Spearman units are invisible except for the spears. Do I have a problem or is the unit still in development. I noticed it before in roaming barbarians but never thought too much about it until I started my current game as the Clan of the Embers.

I have also seen a similar thing with the Lizardman units.

I for one have never experienced this problem...

@ BiffQJ: You sure you didn't just get lucky?... you still need the copper resource to build the axemen, without it you might not have been this overly powerfull and you might have met Basium in early game (that would have made an even match for Rantine)... I say you should give it a go and see if this is really the case in all your games (and 45 minutes to test isn't that long IMHO) ;)

Top Bottom