[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Apparat said:
Did inflation get bumped up in this mod? I have total expenses of 233 for my empire at the moment yet 98 is from inflation. Thats almost half and seems more than in the normal game.

Nope, it hasnt been changed that I am aware of.

This mod keeps getting better and better! The only thing that I don't like is that you have to download 200 megabytes worth of data when a new version comes out. If you could just get the changes that have been made in a patch, I would greatly appreciate it. Still, this is probably the most awesome mod for Civ IV ever!

Guys you are doing great job.... but i think you have to concentrate your efforts on races..... because most of races are incomplete in my opinion.......
I mean units and some traits.....

Grib said:
Guys you are doing great job.... but i think you have to concentrate your efforts on races..... because most of races are incomplete in my opinion.......
I mean units and some traits.....

Grib, the races development is already excruciatingly planned in the different stages of the beta process. If you notice, there are little tags at the side of each such as 'fire', 'shadow' and 'ice'. Those are the stages the particular countries will be developed.

Hi guys,
Its been awhile since my last post, but I was wondering what the general feeling is of the negative impact of the Dragon "religion" cult. I LOVE having dragons and the variant from vanila civ to reduce culture is interesting, but I find when I play that it's more of an annoyance, so much, that sometimes I find myself restarting the game just to avoid the headaches of the lost culture. I could, of course, find better strategies for dealing with it, but then my style of play is compromised. I still love the game, just wondering if there were any thoughts...

Thanks

Does anyone knows of a good way to prevent your workers from building duplicate mana nodes. On a large map, I have about 20+ workers, and they often build say 5 body nodes. Furthermore, the AI will also build nodes as well. At some point in time, I find that there are a number of nodes missing (eg. Enchantment, etc) and I am unable to complete building the Tower of Mastery. Furthermore, the new patch also change the node, so that breaking it down will not change the node type at all.

Anyone have any good suggestions or solutions?

Is there a actually a point in having more than 3 nodes of the same type, apart from STILL haveing 3 if one gets raided/cultured ?

I was wondering... isn't the "spells and abilities" pic in the first post out of date?

I think the vampire-feeding ability is too strong. Sacrificing one population will net your vampire 10 experience, or usually 2 levels. In the game that i just finished, i was able to build vampires in 4-6 turns and had several cities with 19-21 pop points. I was able to get strong vampires quite fast :p

Secondly, i dont understand something. I had 3 entropy nodes, and 3 earth nodes. Even though, i wasnt able to promote my adepts with earth magic...just fire, law, entropy and death. Why no earth ?

AncientSion said:
I think the vampire-feeding ability is too strong. Sacrificing one population will net your vampire 10 experience, or usually 2 levels. In the game that i just finished, i was able to build vampires in 4-6 turns and had several cities with 19-21 pop points. I was able to get strong vampires quite fast :p
No, I think it's fine this way. Killing a dozen of your citizens may get you very powerful vampires, but it will weaken your economy. Personally I'd use only small sized cities (they take less time to grow back) with high food surplace.

AncientSion said:

Secondly, i dont understand something. I had 3 entropy nodes, and 3 earth nodes. Even though, i wasnt able to promote my adepts with earth magic...just fire, law, entropy and death. Why no earth ?

You should have been able to. If you upload a save game where you cant learn earth promotions I will check it out. With 3 earth nodes you should automatically start with Earth I and Earth II so maybe you cant promote earth because you already have it?

Kael said:
You should have been able to. If you upload a save game where you cant learn earth promotions I will check it out. With 3 earth nodes you should automatically start with Earth I and Earth II so maybe you cant promote earth because you already have it?

There you go, save attached. To the left of empire are 3 armies, at the border, i think they should have untrained adepts in them. Otherwise, use one of the cities to build one.

And i still think feeding vampires is too strong. At this point my cities dont grow anymore, so the contra part of the vampire-feeding is acutally a pro for me.

AncientSion said:
There you go, save attached. To the left of empire are 3 armies, at the border, i think they should have untrained adepts in them. Otherwise, use one of the cities to build one.

And i still think feeding vampires is too strong. At this point my cities dont grow anymore, so the contra part of the vampire-feeding is acutally a pro for me.

You cant learn earth promotions because your adepts already have the earth promotion. They start with it automatically because you have so many earth nodes.

Not sure if this is planned or not but I would like to see unique heroes for each of the races. I find myself attracted to the unique units they develop alot of character over their lifespans :)

Am I missing something with Entropy II? It lets you summon imps which seem not very useful, even less so since these ones are temporary. Is there something about those imps im not getting?

Not sure if this is planned or not but I would like to see unique heroes for each of the races. I find myself attracted to the unique units they develop alot of character over their lifespans
Each civ has a unique hero unit.
Am I missing something with Entropy II? It lets you summon imps which seem not very useful, even less so since these ones are temporary. Is there something about those imps im not getting?
They may have adept spells already learned, saving you needing nodes perhaps.

Apparat said:

And they arent the strongest of the rank 2 summons, but they are disposable troops, and thats always a good thing.

Argpmait said:
Does anyone knows of a good way to prevent your workers from building duplicate mana nodes. On a large map, I have about 20+ workers, and they often build say 5 body nodes. Furthermore, the AI will also build nodes as well. At some point in time, I find that there are a number of nodes missing (eg. Enchantment, etc) and I am unable to complete building the Tower of Mastery. Furthermore, the new patch also change the node, so that breaking it down will not change the node type at all.

Anyone have any good suggestions or solutions?

Let me rephrase my questions. I like to play games where the victory conditions is set to building the Tower of Mastery. However, most of the time I am unable to complete the game because the AI workers build a lot to mana nodes of the same type (instead of building 1 of each type). This include AI workers from the other AI players as well. So, when I finally explore the entire map, I found out that I am missing a few critical mana types (not found in the entire map) and hence I cannot build the tower.

Kael, perhaps we should allow a mana node to be destroyed, and let a different mana node be build in the same spot. This was possible in earlier versions. What do you think?

Thanks a lot. BTW, thanks for making such a fun and addictive mod.

Top Bottom