City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

@Gazebo
Hey Mikeburnfire, first off amazing job with this mod! This is by far (personally) one the most impressive I have had the pleasure of playing with :D Anyhow, the only minor issue I have is that is seems that the mod is incompatible with the mod Unique Components (3rd & 4th}. By incompatible, I mean that in in-game, the Unique components units & buildings appear to be able to be produced fine, however the new buildings of the C.S.D mod is now where to be seen. I double checked using In Game Editor, and the only thing I could find being implemented into the game session by C.S.D mod where the units: The Great Diplomat, Emissary, etc. Now, as you probably already, this is pretty much a game breaker for this does not allow both the player or A.I to build the essential buildings of C.S.D to produce the resource paper. In the end, would you happen to have at least some knowledge what might cause this issue? Thanks again for the stuff you do for the mod community and hope to hear from you soon.

Regarding the Barbarian Horde and rebellion quests:

At the end of the timer, why not have the quest only check for Barbarians adjacent to the city, and only if their combined strength is greater than the city's strength?

In my experience the barbarians take the city every time as they tend to spawn a new army on the last turn before the timer ends.

At the very least, the quest should prevent barbarian spawns close to the end of the timer. As it is currently, short of a double nuclear strike on the city state it's practically impossible to pick off all the barbarians in time in such a situation.

I love the idea, though.

At the end of the timer, why not have the quest only check for Barbarians adjacent to the city, and only if their combined strength is greater than the city's strength?

In my experience the barbarians take the city every time as they tend to spawn a new army on the last turn before the timer ends.

At the very least, the quest should prevent barbarian spawns close to the end of the timer. As it is currently, short of a double nuclear strike on the city state it's practically impossible to pick off all the barbarians in time in such a situation.

I love the idea, though.

I'm pretty sure the last wave spawns when you 3 or 2 more turns to clear it, sometimes that isn't enough, especially when the barbs decide to run away instead of fighting, but there you go.

I'm pretty sure the last wave spawns when you 3 or 2 more turns to clear it, sometimes that isn't enough, especially when the barbs decide to run away instead of fighting, but there you go.

On Quick speed a new batch of barbs almost always spawn on the last turn.

Or you could just you know garrison your units nearby the city-states so the barbarians would have to respawn adjacent to your units rather than the city-state.

I love the idea, though.

The function looks for any barbs in the area, however I can make this more controlled if needed. Just for the record, the 'original' CSD for BNW is not being updated any longer - all of my CSD updates are going into the Community Patch DLL.

At some point in the future I intend to make the CSD and CP compatible by themselves (so that users of CSD don't have to use the CBP etc.). Takes some time, though.

G

Any way to make the barbarian invasions less stupid? I mean as they are now they are just a complete RNG-nightmare capable of straight up killing you.

The units spawning every few turns completely ignore the city-state, rushing directly at the closest major civ city instead, meat meteoring them to oblivion. If this happens to coincide with a neighbor declaring war on you you're just going to straight up lose your cities, and there is close to nothing you can do about it.

Any way to make the barbarian invasions less stupid? I mean as they are now they are just a complete RNG-nightmare capable of straight up killing you.

The units spawning every few turns completely ignore the city-state, rushing directly at the closest major civ city instead, meat meteoring them to oblivion. If this happens to coincide with a neighbor declaring war on you you're just going to straight up lose your cities, and there is close to nothing you can do about it.

Hordes know no friends, only meateors.

G

i was just thinking this is a possible culprit for why some people see CS with virtually no military anymore. i havnt noticed that, but i do know when barb hordes come the CS army gets wrecked

Well they are supposed to be attacking the city-state according to the event description not completely ignoring it.

how much had you forward settled the CS in question?

i was just thinking this is a possible culprit for why some people see CS with virtually no military anymore. i havnt noticed that, but i do know when barb hordes come the CS army gets wrecked

They don't happen all that often. Personally I enjoy the sudden crisis of a barbarian horde banging down my doors (as it so rarely happens without the event).

G

3 or 4 tiles away naturally, there are city-states everywhere, you can't avoid them.

They don't happen all that often. Personally I enjoy the sudden crisis of a barbarian horde banging down my doors (as it so rarely happens without the event).

It happens every game, multiple times. I notice AI-cities getting completely smashed up by it as well. I've had plenty of situations where I could just declare war on my neighbor and take two of his cities in one turn because they were down to 0 health.
I'm not just blowing air here, the barbs are COMPLETELY ignoring the city-state.

The barbarian horde either needs to be toned down or turned off. In my last game I watched barbarians appear as fast as I cleared them. And then after having destroyed a large number of them, I saw the CS magically flip to a barbarian city.

I'm fine with how they're implemented. They usually stay in the CS' territory that I've seen unless I'm immediately adjacent, in which case I think I'm fair game. Really, it's a good way to farm CS Influence.

The barbarian horde either needs to be toned down or turned off. In my last game I watched barbarians appear as fast as I cleared them. And then after having destroyed a large number of them, I saw the CS magically flip to a barbarian city.

The waves spawn every 4 turns. If the 'destroy barbs near my territory' event is still active when the quest timer ends, the barbs will flip the city. This is indicated in the quest info notification.

G

I downloaded CSD version 25 2 days ago (prev. running Community Patch (core) and AI addict. After installing the mod, I couldn't send caravans anywhere as no cities (mine, cs or AI civs) would appear on the destination menu. In addition, I couldn't declare war on anybody or even cross the AI civs borders); the normal options when entering AI civ did not appear and in "Discuss" the Declare War option was red when I clicked on it and could not be entered.

I deleted the mod and things were back to normal. Any idea what I did wrong or how I can use this mod as I am excited about trying it as it looks like quite an improvement?

I downloaded CSD version 25 2 days ago (prev. running Community Patch (core) and AI addict. After installing the mod, I couldn't send caravans anywhere as no cities (mine, cs or AI civs) would appear on the destination menu. In addition, I couldn't declare war on anybody or even cross the AI civs borders); the normal options when entering AI civ did not appear and in "Discuss" the Declare War option was red when I clicked on it and could not be entered.

I deleted the mod and things were back to normal. Any idea what I did wrong or how I can use this mod as I am excited about trying it as it looks like quite an improvement?

The full version of the CP and CSD both have DLLs. They will conflict. You'll need to use the version of CSD linked on the how to install page of the Community Patch.

G

The great diplomat appears too often on marathon speed. What can be done about it? necessary dependence on the speed of the game.
Sorry, the problem is not in this. Many AI players on the map have a lot of great diplomats, around 10. Perhaps the reason the Golden age, as written jofwu.
In a recent game I started, it seems that my capital produces a Great Diplomat every turn during a Golden Age.

The first one appears pretty fast, but then they slow down like any other GP. I haven't noticed an issue.

Top Bottom