Civilopedia

ArnoldSiemsen

Chieftain
The Civilopedia is available in Civ4 by hitting F12. For those of us that have a little difficultly remembering everything - is there a way to print out a copy of a topic in the Civilopedia? Would sure appreciate any help. Thanks
Arnie

Hi ArnoldSiemsen, welcome to CFC! :beer:

There is no "print" button or function in-game, but what you can do is hit "PrintScrn" (by F12) and open MS Paint and paste it (Control + V). That won't allow you to read all the text though, if there's a scroll bar. You can read the whole Civilopedia, however, in your C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Assets/XML/Text/ folder, by opening the various Civ4GameText_Civilopedia files. This way is also more convenient because you can type Control + F and search for a keyword.

There's a lot of info that's in the Civilopedia available on this site (e.g. the info center) too.

Ginger:
Thanks for your reply. At C:/ProgramFiles/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier"s Civilization 4/Assets.XML/Text there are the program files but nothing to print out in readable format such as is available at F12. Am I not doing something correctly? Will try the Info Center.
Arnie

I printed out the 116 pages of the Civilization IV Info Center. This has all of the info I was hunting for and presented in a much better manner than any of the two booklets (one with the program and one by Brady Games). Thanks again,
Arnie

lolz wow I think that's the most dedicated Civ player out there. I don't even have 116 sheets of printer paper.

i dont even have 16 sheets of printer paper let alone 116

ArnoldSiemsen said:
I printed out the 116 pages of the Civilization IV Info Center. This has all of the info I was hunting for and presented in a much better manner than any of the two booklets (one with the program and one by Brady Games). Thanks again,
Arnie

Arnie, you might be better served with some excel spreadsheets which some of the fine people of this forum have produced. These present all the salient information in a very concise manner. You'll find them somewhere in the forums on here. You can print them out if you have any paper left. :)

After the people around me could find no information on Civ4 I went to Amazon to try and get a book. I ordered the only book available from Bradygames. The writeups were terrible but there was no other choice but to order the book. I waited 4 weeks and realized I had a dud. After repeated Google searches I found this website. As can be seen in this thread, I was refered to the Info center. I found the first positive information that I had been looking for over many weeks. Yes, I printed it out, read it and appreciated the help. This website is hard to find what you are hunting for even with the searches. I spent several hours today and finally found some of the spreadsheets. It will take many more hours to go through all of these. I found a good one today by "kroym". As soon as I figure out a way to get this printed in larger print, I will be happy. It would be nice if the website had a beginners directory on "how to get started". I keep reading: "click on the city bar". I have looked and can't find it and no one describes how to find it.

If it is funny that I print things out, perhaps there are suggestions on how to distribute the information that I find to several people.
Thanks to those that are trying to help.
Arnie

Hi ArnoldSiemsen, welcome to CFC! :beer:

There is no "print" button or function in-game, but what you can do is hit "PrintScrn" (by F12) and open MS Paint and paste it (Control + V). That won't allow you to read all the text though, if there's a scroll bar. You can read the whole Civilopedia, however, in your C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Assets/XML/Text/ folder, by opening the various Civ4GameText_Civilopedia files. This way is also more convenient because you can type Control + F and search for a keyword.

There's a lot of info that's in the Civilopedia available on this site (e.g. the info center) too.

Is it possible to change the text and add your own Civilopedia entries in those files? :confused:

Top Bottom