A Total War Mod, any interest?

Gagonite

Irishman
Heya guys, I’m fairly new to this part of the forums.. so I’d thought I’d introduce myself with a mod I’m currently working on for BTS. It’s a mod based on the Medieval 2: Total War game.

I’m currently designing the mod for use on the Earth18Civ map and on Marathon/Epic at any difficulty. It spans from 4000 BC to roughly 2200 AD and emphasizes on three major things. First off is of course war. Second is diplomacy and the third is money. Troops and buildings are built at roughly on par with Normal speed setting, while research, growth, and the like are still at Marathon. This allows for large amounts of troops to be fielded and to make the most of each era’s troops. Since larger armies equals more upkeep, money will also play a much larger role than in the normal game. In addition to that, I’m making nearly everything , including improvements and most troops, cost a certain amount of gold to build. A typical Axeman may only cost 5 gold to make while an ICBM may cost 1000 gold. Trade and resource control is even more important as well due to all of the increased costs. There are also some buildings to help out increasing money gain.

I’m also working on adding many new units and buildings to help diversify and add spice to the game, such as Sappers, Merchants (think of them as mini-great merchants that can do trade runs), and other stuff. Also being added are new resources, although I’ve only gotten a few of the extra ones from the game like Cotton and Tobacco in it at the moment.

So what do you guys think? Do you think it may be an interesting idea or not so? Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome. If you guys want a current list of the new units, buildings and resources that are in the mod, just let me know.

Sounds cool. Once you have a working version I'll try it.

Same here. Sounds interesting.

Ok, well, I have an update on the mod. Its going along quite well so far, I think I've pretty much gotten the unit/building build times balanced on Epic speed, haven't tried Marathon too much yet, nor normal/quick. At the moment I'm mainly working on adding a bunch of the content in, such as new wonders, units, and buildings. All of the technologies that I have planned to put in there are in, sept most of them are empty. I'll be posting a Beta version within probably the week.

I've taken many things out of the Final Frontier mod as well as just about everything out of the Next War mod.. both of those have awesome future content.

All credit for the people who made some of the new graphics/python/etc will be posted with the Beta version.

Here's a quick overview of the new stuff:

New Resources including Cotton, Olives, Tobacco, Alcohol, Swampgas, and Shrimp. I may add more, although I am limited on graphics for new ones, and I don't want to re-use resource graphics. Anyone who may be able to provide some new ones would be awesome :)

New Traits's including Sea Faring, Agricultural, Strategic, Nomadic, and Mercantile. Each civ currently has 3 Traits, to spice it up a bit more.

New End-game Civics including AI Management, AI Government, Immortalism, Universal Surveillance, and Mechanized Workforce.

New buildings such as the Trader's Lodge and Brewery.

New unique units such as the Ibutho, Pavise Crossbowman, Teutonic Knights, Eagle Warriors, etc.

Aaand.. bunches of new tech's and wonders.. more to be posted later.

I've also tried to work on the computer's AI a bit.. nothing fancy due to my uselessness at Python, but I've noticed that on the Earth18 Map, the various Computer players are much more competitive towards each other. I even saw Julius Caesar beat the living snot out of Fredrick, and Tokugawa controlling the coasts of China and far eastern Russia. :)

Top Bottom