What UUs and UBs to include in CivV?

Pikkis

Prince
Leaders get certain bonuses (1 leader may have 2 UU and a UB, while another have 1 UB and a unique trait

Since UUs and UBs are apparently back, what UUs and UBs would you like to see in CivV?

Personally I think there could be more Siege UUs (such as Scorpio for Rome). I also think there could be mercenaries (such as Genoese crossbowmen) that only certain civs could hire.

So do the SAS and MI5. I don't want them as UUs though, as they're not representative of civilisation as a whole.

if egyptians are in id like to see them with a UU other than the War chariot. i love the egyptians but disliked the war chariot. they had a very small time frame where they were usefull and became obsolete too fast.

UU and UB are older concepts, I would prefer civ5 to come up with something entirely new.

The Egyptians invented chariots and they were the tanks of the Ancient World. It's a perfect fit.

The Egyptians invented chariots and they were the tanks of the Ancient World. It's a perfect fit.

historically, yes. but gameplay wise, no. the chariots in Civ failed and were too short lived and (as i said before) became obsolete too soon.

I always thought of the WC as a pretty good UU. An earlier, 2-move axeman? Okay!

I hope the Cho-ko-nu stays for China. The Rider of Civ3 was kind of an odd choice for me.

I'd also like the Persian Immortals to be like what they were in history, isntead of the light cavalry weirdness in Civ4.

Indeed. Bit odd that they ride horses without knowledge of Horseback Riding.

Replace what? Spears? Axes? Swords? (assuming those still exist).

I hope A. Native America (but not in that form- Sioux+Iroquois preferably, or just one) still exists (probably in an expansion), and they keep the good Dog Soldier UU- nicely historical- but not that awful and cheesy Totem Pole- which was only used by the smaller and less organized tribes of the Northwest, and has little bearing on real history.

Totem Pole even became obsolete in game. It seems just unfair to me.
Do not make UU obsolete or make up other later UU for them.

if egyptians are in id like to see them with a UU other than the War chariot. i love the egyptians but disliked the war chariot. they had a very small time frame where they were usefull and became obsolete too fast.

Depends on what you're playing. In multiplayer you could pretty much win the game with only war chariots if you're playing a teamer. If you're doing a FFA you still can still use the WC to take enough land to secure a later victory.

The War Chariot is so iconic to the Western perception of Egypt I'd find it hard that it won't be the Egyptian UU.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of UBs (moreso than UUs, I think). Only reason I play the dutch is 'cause of the levee - maoi statues for every city? Yes, thank you! Anyway, for the civs that are likely to be in Vanilla, I'd like something other than the stock exchange for England. But the Forum is awesome for Rome, I love it to bits.

historically, yes. but gameplay wise, no. the chariots in Civ failed and were too short lived and (as i said before) became obsolete too soon.
That seems like more of a complaint about the tech tree than the War Chariot itself. Slightly different tech tree and they can be longer-lived.

I would like to see a multitude of Unique Units for each civilization...

As far as specifics go, I've always thought the British should have a stronger/better Longbowmen, mainly from my experiences with the Age of Empires series. :king:

I would like to see France use something else than the Musketeer. A Knight or Cuirassier replacement would be great and it would suit the French fighting style better. Persia should get a Cataphract UU instead of the immortals, since the Persian practically invented heavy cavalry. It could be something in between your standard Horseman and Knight.

Top Bottom