TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Did you know:

These were supposed to be in-character informative blurbs to add to the setting, not a way of vaguely suggesting your dominance over another player, or making pseudo passive aggressive statements about the Did you know meme.

Did you know:

The jury is still out on the reasons for Baragan-sar's adoption of the title 'High-King of Hyak' over the more traditional 'God-King of Hyak'. Some assert it was a simple political move to avoid inviting hostility from the nearby Sirians, while others suggest it was to avoid the possibility of creating Hyakkid opposition to his rule from the descendants of the God-Kings of the Zargashid dynasty. It is commonly hypothesized by linguists to be a simple translation artifact, as the words 'God' and 'High' are quite similar in Hyakkid cuneiform. Regardless of the lack of consensus on Baragan's exact title, numerous historical records attest to his referring to himself as the 'Avatar of the Bloody-Handed God' and the 'Greatest Earthly Implement of Takarzi' (Tarias to the Aramyans). Thus, while his rule was possessed of a distinctly religious flavour, the degree to which this was policy and not mere boasting remains unclear.

Also, consider me to be a fourth who'd prefer a single update all at once. :)

Did you know?

Forced family gatherings are surprisingly fun when you see your brother turn into a statue every time he falls off his skis, waiting for my rescue, and when you got to gain 5 pounds at a questionable Chinese buffet.

Sorry guys, I guess I can't really update on the weekend, in the weekend, anymore even with a couple extra days patched to the end. The update has grown too large to be so roughly handled, and you guys deserve the best I can offer. I will gun for finishing all the way to Egypt and the Nile tonight.

Do you know?

the current King... one Laren the Strong who has killed over 100 challengers in duel, and survived three coups, and who owned a sword from the far east, said to have been made from a star.
Infact, a ...warlord sold a large harbor to an enterprising Captain
they do have some seemingly anachronistic goods- when asked, they simply point beyond the mountains and talk about a land of gems and goods.

I suppose I will join in once.

Did you know

Cameon (not cuneiform) is the written script of Levea? :)

I too, would prefer a single update.

Hmm, interesting. I assumed cuneiform as it was used by the Akkadians, and a broad range of other early cultures, although it seems to stem from Sumer. Is Cameon the script that arose in the earliest years of Mesopotamian civilization, or is it an offshoot with Cuneiform holding sway elsewhere?

Well, I may as well do one.

Did you know?:
The Silent Emperor responsible for the kingdom's name change to Xiyi was brought up by his uncle, the kingdom's namesake. The Emperor at the time - his father - fell ill when his son was three years of age, and didn't recognise him for most of his childhood. Hence why the young Emperor grew up with such an admiration for his uncle, and renamed the kingdom after him subsequent to his death in the Emesis Plague.

To be clear I made up Cameon. I just wanted an original name instead of Cuneiform. Basically Cameon = Cuneiform, and different regions have their own version; Aramyan Cameon, Parushan Cameon, etc.

Some terra nes records of the written language of Cameon:

"Some nonsense like this, regardless, these “symbols” the artists keep making are good for business. Numbers they call them, they make memory obsolete. We now count our goods, count our purchases, it’s revolutionary! The artists call this thing “Cameon” written language. Kitabic for speech, Cameon for record."

"In this period, the adroit and creative little king learned from the priestly class of the mythological history of the nation. He learned Cameon, he even developed it with the palace artists."

"The period under the Fourth Descendant’s rule found a new birth of the written language Cameon; the king produced literary texts himself, the first known poem in the world was crafted by one of his palace’s artists: The Epic of Nir Aram."

Ah, okay. Seems good to have a unique term that we use for it- the word 'cuneiform' is a Latin invention to describe the wedge-shaped characters several millennia after their invention anyway.

Nah, I think it's mostly the puppy bit. ;)

Also, what if the spearmen had 12 years of training as well?

Did you know?

The mercy killings that were once given to plague victims wishing for a quick, relatively painless death have now become something of a business. Those wishing for death, whether due to a mortal illness or injury, a want to commit suicide, or those who simply want to end their life can pay a trained "reaper," oftentimes also a doctor, for a quick, painless death, a proper burial or cremation, and care for one's family or loved ones. Raj Vijay condoned this practice, and since then it has exploded in popularity.

To Traditionalists: Very well, we will block gold and coins to your part of Ethiopia. You will not attack the villages that join us, and you will allow the ivory trade to proceed on barter (without currency). Deal?

I already have a story written for next update, huzzah! Terrance, looking forward to your update! :)

There is no paper and this is wholly unrealistic (it IS a game however..) but it was pretty fun to make. Experiment! Did you know's, excerpts from plays (hint hint), wanted posters, maps, histories, personal experiences.

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Rex Amphora and the Ashland Gang

Wanted for counts of murder, rape, Faith, armed robbery, theft, embezzlement, forgery, pickpocketing, counterfeiting, burglary, conspiracy to commit theft, grand larceny, tax evasion, slander, fraud

Description: 7-15 individuals varying heights, seen wearing black Togas and traditional Faithful worship robes, around the ruins of Sarkov and the Western Pass. Presumed males. Armed, very dangerous.

15,00s reward for information leading to the capture or executions of

Contact your local Rumen with information.

Vox Populi Grebaro Trestases

Top Bottom