Civ4 Save/Scenario/Map Editor

kswoll said:
To all who have been getting this exception (and, presumably, all of you are Europeans, or at least not American) please try the latest version. I had forgotten that parsing a number in Europe using the default methods expects a "," as the decimal separator instead of a ".". i.e. It's expecting "0,00" instead of "0.00". I'm now using the US culture info to parse, so this should be fixed. However, since I don't have a computer using European culture info, it's hard for me to test. Let me know how it goes.

Yes, it's fixed now, thank you (from Holland :goodjob: )!

*edit*

Got another error:

Stack Trace:
Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.LoadHeader(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext context)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.LoadScreen.DoLoad(Object param)
at Civ4MapGenerator.TaskScreen.RunThread(Object host)

I think this will be my new sig:

Only in Europe where 1,000 == 1 and 1.00 != 1
God help your programmers.

Harko said:
Got another error:

Stack Trace:
Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.LoadHeader(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext context)

This should be pretty straightforward. What is the first line of the file you are trying to load?

Loranga said:
Thanks for a promising application. What about adding a version number in a "about" box?

Thanks for the kind words, your advice is sound and future versions will include an about box with version info and a link to this page.

kswoll said:
This should be pretty straightforward. What is the first line of the file you are trying to load?

I tried a savegame instead of a worldbuilder savegame :blush:

With a worldbuilder savegame there were no problems

That last update got rid of the startup problem... yeah, there are different Formats for numbers around the world 8o)

Tried to load a saved game (map) and it crashed thou 8-/

Illegal version line "e

Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)

PeAcE

Harrdy said:
That last update got rid of the startup problem... yeah, there are different Formats for numbers around the world 8o)

Sure, but the specific format for dividing integers that is used in programming langugages is that of a period '.'. This is constant no matter what language you speak or where you live and thus would seem to be of particular hardship to programmers where they are accustomed to this not being the case. :)

tbear2520 said:
Kswoll, Hey can I like to make a suggestion. How about putting in a Undo button?

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, undo features are one of those things that are obvious, gotta have, but tough to implement. It's a priority and will get done soon.

The rivers are disappearing for me as well as mentioned in a previous post. Also, can you consider adding both types of forest?

The map with disappearing rivers is attached. When I save and reload, many are gone. Hope that helps. The tool is really a great timesaver, very nice work.

Attachments

• LouisianaTest5.zip
    38 KB · Views: 171
TechniCT said:
The rivers are disappearing for me as well as mentioned in a previous post. Also, can you consider adding both types of forest?

The map with disappearing rivers is attached. When I save and reload, many are gone. Hope that helps. The tool is really a great timesaver, very nice work.

Thanks to all of you for reporting this. Please try version 1.0.22.

And thanks for reminding me about the different forest types. I'll get that added in soon.

Harko said:
Got another error:

Stack Trace:
Exception

I'm from Sweden and I also got this error.

I retried this today and it works for me now.

This is an awesome tool.

Quick request\question. Does it look at the mod path line in the WBS and pull the custom mod XML from there? And if so could you make a custom leaderhead page to make it easy to import your own still DDS files for a mod.

Top work anyway. :)

Feet said:
I retried this today and it works for me now.

This is an awesome tool.

Quick request\question. Does it look at the mod path line in the WBS and pull the custom mod XML from there? And if so could you make a custom leaderhead page to make it easy to import your own still DDS files for a mod.

Top work anyway. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I had mods in mind from the beginning, so support for mod paths will be forthcoming. However, mod editing is really an entirely new component to the editor so there's a lot of work there.

Loranga said:
I'm from Sweden and I also got this error.

I apologize for any confusion because of my subject, but the editor is intended to edit only Civ4WorldBuilderSave files, and not Civ4SavedGame files. Is there any possible value in being able to edit Civ4SavedGame files?

kswoll said:
Is there any possible value in being able to edit Civ4SavedGame files?

I'd like to start a scenario game as single player, and then edit the savegame to make it hotseat. (scenarios can't be played in hotseat normally)

I'm still running into problems placing rivers.

I think the problem is this... there are 5 options under the river drop down list. No river, North of Eastbound, North of Westbound, West of Northbound, and West of South bound. The problem lies in the selection of a river course when any two of these choices must be applied to one plot. The BMP to WBS utility is very specific in adding plot information to account for corners.

Here is an example of a plot taken from a map made using BMP to WBS... I can't do this using Civ4MapGenerator

BeginPlot
x=14,y=1
isNOfRiver
RiverWEDirection=3
isWOfRiver
RiverNSDirection=2
PlotType=2
TerrainType=TERRAIN_GRASS
EndPlot

I think that more river plot characteristics will have to be added to the dropdown menu...

These are taken from the BMP to WBS utility. You have the first four choices in the drop down, but need the other four to account for all possible river directions.

Craig_Sutter said:
I'm still running into problems placing rivers.

I think the problem is this... there are 5 options under the river drop down list. No river, North of Eastbound, North of Westbound, West of Northbound, and West of South bound. The problem lies in the selection of a river course when any two of these choices must be applied to one plot. The BMP to WBS utility is very specific in adding plot information to account for corners.

You should be using the "River" button, not the combo box. You should be "drawing" the river on the map. Don't use the river combo. You are correct that a combo box is the wrong metaphor for this field.

Top Bottom