Why are you here?

Why?
Yesterday, I was in a small café.
Well, OO music had played rather loud and most important Very surprising.
I have panicked for a sec! “OO spread in my City! Must run!”
=)

Because I have proven that sleep is irrelevant. Friends are irrelevant (unless they play FfH). Social lives are irrelevant (except playing MP). As long as I have FfH, I can get enough sleep between turns... Must... Press... Next...:sleep:

Me too. one day I was about to start another vanilla game, then I thought: why not give a scenario a try? Everyone talks wonders about this FfH thing. I promptly started a game... and lost when I let a cult into the city.

Oh, the atmosphere! The wild difference from the game I knew! The evident care expended on all aspects! Later that night, I downloaded the whole thing.

I'm here because A) this mod is amazing, and B) it has CtD issues and a lot of content slated to come out eventually, so by posting on the forum, I'm much more likely to be made aware of any new patches or versions.

Tried playing a more regular mod yesterday and I got to say that in regular Civ IV attacking goes to crawl speed, even if you have the upper hand. There one simply NEED catapults to be able to attack or do anything realy, and one needs enough of them. :( :sad: :wallbash:

In FFH II there are mutiple ways to go on an ofensive raid, and attack goes fast, swift and fun. :D

I just had an idea for a new event:

A man claiming to have made a wonder drug he calls "win sauce" claims that it can make people one step closer to the gods.

*buy for this "win sauce" (pay 50-100 gold, unit gets "win sauce" promotion)

*I am not interested in this offer

"win sauce" promotion allows "drink win sauce" (10% chance of unit death, 10% chance of getting +1 :strength:, 40% of nothing happening, 40% chance to receive a random promotion, including bad ones)

I just had an idea for a new event:

A man claiming to have made a wonder drug he calls "win sauce" claims that it can make people one step closer to the gods.

*buy for this "win sauce" (pay 50-100 gold, unit gets "win sauce" promotion)

*I am not interested in this offer

"win sauce" promotion allows "drink win sauce" (10% chance of unit death, 10% chance of getting +1 :strength:, 40% of nothing happening, 40% chance to receive a random promotion, including bad ones)

Sometimes you people frighten me. But in a good way.

I have something like this in my DA mod mod. I created a new equipment unit called "unknown potion." It has a random chance of being any of the other potions: heal, flying, strength, confusion, blindness, poison, etc. You can either try to identify it (using a certain spell) which makes the potion type known, or you can just drink it and take your chances. :)

Oops, I should have said why I hang out in this forum.

I wanted to make a D&D dungeon crawl mod and FfH2 was hands down the best base off of which to build. The work done here is amazing, the forum participants knowledgable, and the constant flow of ideas refreshing.

Well, I stumbled across FFH1 a year or so ago, and really liked it. Played for a while, then got tired of civ, got a new computer, and sort of forgot about it. When I happened to look a the civ fanatics forum again a few months ago, I saw FFH2, and remembered how much I liked the first, so I got it and haven't stopped playing since.

I think this is the place for suggestion. So I have 2 suggestions.

1. Make a tutorial scenario. I think this is required for all good games, and especially required for a game with such high learning curve. More details in civipedia would also help.

2.Is it possible to make a seperate interface for war? For a strategy game, the battle doesn't really require much thinking. It will be so much fun if battle follows the system of Age of Wonders or www.tacticsarena.com

Why am I here? Well, do you mean philisopicly, or physically? And difine "here". Or do you mean the fact that I love this mod?

Why?
Yesterday, I was in a small café.
Well, OO music had played rather loud and most important Very surprising.
I have panicked for a sec! “OO spread in my City! Must run!”
=)

I was in a bar/cafe and the same thing happened to me, but I think it was the Ashen Veil music, which surprised me since I thought it was made for the mod and not taken from a "real" song.

Although, in some respects, you'd think Kael would switch the Enya song for the Fellowship of Leaves to one of the 'elvish' pieces Enya sang for the LOTR's.

Top Bottom