[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Could you add these resources later?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10461

Potato should Definitely be in america, also rubber and timber are appropriate too. I don't know how necessary the amber is. And America should definitely have a gold resouce, where do the natives get their shiny coins?

Just a suggestion though.

Use of rubber was at the very tail end of the C4C scenario, so it's not really "historically correct". Potatoes are an interesting addition to then South American regions though. :)

Re: This mod. It's a bit annoying only being able to fit one 350gp treasure on a galleon. Why not have it so that each slot can contain 250gp or 350? That way you can squeeze a few smaller treasures in or have one large one.

I was able to have historical starting locations by opening the World Builder on the first turn (before moving anything) and creating a first city for each civ and placing a ship in an adjacent square and deleting the original ships. Then I saved it (I renamed it and changed the folder to the public map folder for the AOEII mod) and can play it by picking play as a scenario.

Sorry if it has already been asked, but : is it planned to add the foreign military help during independance war, like in original colonization?

this will be a fantastic mod when merged with your patch... its great so far none the less.. :)

Yeah when the patch is finished, it'll be merged with this. I'll also start unveiling the rest of the plans for this mod.

As it is right now, this is just the beginning framework of a MUCH larger mod. :D

Problem: whenever a pirate skirts past my settlement he sends my fishers scattering to other professions even if he doesn't stay in the settlement's area. An elder statesman had my RS up to 22% before I caught him!

I enjoy the mod. For some reason I like the Portuguese; perhaps it's just for the variety.

Pirates are too strong for me to coexist with; I wish their ships were one point weaker and slower.

Also, I'm impressed with the leaderheads! I would have thought that would be hard for third parties to do so well!

I think they're way too powerful as a playable civ, speaking as someone who runs afoul of them, but hasn't played as them. :\

Yeah when the patch is finished, it'll be merged with this. I'll also start unveiling the rest of the plans for this mod.

As it is right now, this is just the beginning framework of a MUCH larger mod. :D
Even though i been playing Civ for years, only started using mods recently & how do you load two mods at the same time?
Wanna play with your patch & Age of Discovery =)

can't, but soon they'll be one mod as this alludes to "Yeah when the patch is finished, it'll be merged with this."

can't, but soon they'll be one mod as this alludes to "Yeah when the patch is finished, it'll be merged with this."

Correct! :)

I can keep two code bases up to date easily (bug-fixes patch, and PatchMod) but having a third (AoD2) makes it a bit hard. :p

What about an Earth Map of 1492 ?

Hi, I'm new at this site and I've downloaded your mod and it seems great! But I just want to know how can I win with pirates, I mean, if I can't declare my independece, I can't win!

Dale my ships don't have the go to Europe button in your mod they seem to be missing it.

Something might not have installed correctly. Did you put the mods in the MyGames mods folder or the Program Files mods folder? It MUST go in the Program Files mods folder. :)

Dale, I have the same issue and figured it was just part of the mod. Everything else seems to be working, 1 treausre per galleon etc. I still can't move and settle though.

Something might not have installed correctly. Did you put the mods in the MyGames mods folder or the Program Files mods folder? It MUST go in the Program Files mods folder. :)

Dale I created a mods folder in my colonization folder and put the mod in there. Its in the Program files part of the computer not mygames..

Top Bottom