FfH2 Bug Thread

Currently playing a Sidar game, Noble difficulty, patch 'r'.

Not sure if this has been reported before, but temporary units duplicated by the Balseraph Hall of Mirrors seem to drop permanent items. I had this happen with my hero unit Rathus Denmora. The Balseraphs created a dupe, which I killed, and managed to pick up another +80% vs hero sword, which I gave to Valin. I was almost tempted to pull back everyone except Rathus to get more copies of his sword, but it seemed a bit like cheating...

played a game patch q against the sheiam(probably spelled wrong) and they summoned a spiderkin unit. Which if I remember correctly is a unit in Fall Further unit. You can see it in my borders not to far from their territory in the top part of the map.

Attachments

• Hybera AD-0680.CivBeyondSwordSave
    583.3 KB · Views: 148
This probably belongs more in an ai thread. But the problem is the ai is at war with 5 civs it shares a landmass with. It has 2 coastal cities on that landmass (they they are its only cities) and what does the ai choose to build? Attack ships in both cities.

If the ai is feeling safe at home and preping for a coastal invasion i have no problem with it building an armada. But these ships are being built before the ai even has a reasonable city defense.

I think an AI problem this bad (vs vanilla Civ) counts as a bug. Try playing an Archipelago map. The AI has great difficulty getting off its island and never offers a naval invasion force. This problem is not as severe on other maps, but creates its share on Erebus where peaks make water transport essential.

Also having some issues with permablockades. Perhaps allow Man-o-War a "Lift Blockade" ability? In a related issue, Privateers looting Fishing Boats which have a Man-o-War sitting on them (not initiating combat) is problematic.

Good idea. FFH is leaps and bounds beyond any other mod (or even the game itself) in every area.... but AI, and its a big butt. Please prioritize.

I assume everyone has seen Better AI? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308218

I'd think it could be incorporated for the most part into FFH?

Foul

No. The reason I say that is in general a better ai comes from teaching the game to better understand the specifics of the situation. BetterAi is a great thing, but he is refining the decisions based on the specifics of BtS. We are going through and refining the decisions based on the specifics of FfH. There may be a few things that relate to both, but its going to be the exception, not the rule.

I understand the desire to plug in someone elses work, but espeically when it comes to Ai it unfortunatly isn't that simple. So I'm going through and making changes for FfH, but probably wont be able to draw to much from non-FfH efforts.

Incidently the biggest AI problems I find arent being unable to use ffh features. But base civ4 ai logic that doesnt apply to FfH at all anymore. Logic around air support, anti-aircraft, spaceship rushes, etc that bind the ffh players unnessesarily. If you want to talk further please start a new thread or post in the ai thread. Please reserve this thread for bugs.

Is there something preventing using world builder or world builder made units to complete a scenario? I'm on a different computer and would like a way to finish some of the old ones fast.

Patch "s" is linked in the first post. It wont break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Fixed the Boar Rider (its supposed to be a Horseman UU but it had Horse Archer stats).
2. New Svartalfar Ranger model by seZereth.
3. Added an Intro popup for new players.
4. Fixed a CtD if an invisible unit uses mirror on an enemy stack.
5. Wages of Sin: You will only see the Valin and Rosier intro messages the first time they are created (for black mirror combos and such).
6. Mulcarn Reborn: turns between switches changed from 20 to 40.
7. Mulcarn Reborn: Decius now enters the game on turn 5.
8. Mulcarn Reborn: Increased starting units.
9. AI: lowered the AIs chance to spam ships (weighting lowers if ships > players amount of cities).
10. Heroes and non-UU units only one civ can build (like flagbearers) are correctly listed in the pedia as being unique to a their civilization.
11. Fixed an issue that caused players that entered the game late (Basium, Koun, some scenario characters) to start with a reduced score (they weren't getting power/asset/score points for the techs their team had).
12. Reduced the cost for the Mithril Golem and Meshabber from 5000 to 1200.

After the end of Stasis my cities returned to production as normal, but research and gold income remained frozen for one extra turn.

-------------

Btw, I didn't see a FfH2 AI Issues Thread so I created one. Added links to the various "Issues" threads to my sig.

I recently began playing ffh2 with my friend and we hotseat multiplayer play. His faction was the Kuriotes who should be able to choose between building a "City" or "Settlement". Only thing is it did NOT give him that option. He replayed in Single player and it was fine. Not sure why in Hotseat mode the option did not appear.

P.S. we were playing with 0.40r patch and BTS was patched up to 3.17.

Thank you

In the game I am currently playing (patch r), I cast sanctify and the nearby land was restored, but a razorweed was not changed back to cotton. It is the same for nightmares. They do not switch back to cows/horses. Ok, the land changes to the original land immediately, but the resources on the land don't seem to change back when the spell is cast, but on a later turn.

The change to Hell Terrain eliminates Ancient Forests in tundra tiles, but leaves (npi) Forests in tundra tiles unaffected. I don't have a problem with the notion that Ancient Forests are incompatible with Hell Terrain, but they should be downgraded to Forests rather than being completely eliminated. Or, if Hell Terrain is not supposed to have any trees anywhere, then Forests on tundra tiles also need to be destroyed.

This, combined with the Life Node Flare-up Event Destroys Ancients Forests bug I reported previously suggests to me that FfH2 is treating Ancient Forests as fundamentally different than other types of forests. All four flavors of forest should be processed as variations on the same terrain feature: being destroyed by the same effects, requiring the same tech to cut down, and so on.

The Infernal-only option of the Haunted Townhouse event ("Moaning sobs float through the gray streets of ...") indicates that the result will be +1 :commerce: in the plot (of the city itself, I assume). When this option is selected there is no change in the :commerce: value of any of the plots in the city radius, nor is there an increase in the :commerce: output of the city.

If a hidden nationality ship is blocking your trade, when you cast revelation on ship, his nationality is revealed, but the blockade is not removed, and stays forever. The blocked city becomes almost useless for entire game. This issue is very old, but I don's see it beeng reported, or I'v been missed it.

oh, and hello to everybody, my first post here, but I'm playing FFH2 from over an year. Greatest mod in existence!
Sorry for my awfull english :sad:

Running under patch 's', this save game gives a CtD whenever I end this turn. Since it doesn't seem to change whatever I try to do, I think it must be something one of the AI players is doing out of my sight.

Attachments

• Marcus AD-0408.CivBeyondSwordSave
    293.4 KB · Views: 139
the patches start to grow really big.
Maybe it's time to start splitting them.

I agree. And also, eventually I guess you are going to update the 0.40 download right? I bet we will have 0.41 some time. Then could you please make an alternative patch for us that don't look forward to another 300mb+ download?

Has anyone playing under Linux, Ubuntu 8.10 specifically, noticed problems like the Great Library giving sages very high espionage values? I moved BtS over to my Ubuntu machine because it has a much better spec than my Windows machine. There is no problem if I go back to Windows. There is no corruption of the XML files on disk under Ubuntu so I guess the problem is wine related. If anyone else has noticed problems it may help to identify where the problem is.

The Clan world spell have now failed me 2 out of 3 times. The first time I got no units, the second time I got some kind of python error (couldn't repeat it), after a reload of that 2nd time it worked the 3rd time.

Top Bottom