GOTM23 Succession Game [civ3]

Thanks for the game, guys, I really feel like I learned a lot. I look forward to trying out what I learned in my next single-player game. My original reason for coming to the CivFanatics forum was to find out ways for improving my game and I've definitely done that, so the game was a total success in more than one way.

I've learned a lot about trading, research, and Forgotten Palace use, but I think the most significant thing I learned is how to use cities.

I enjoyed it and learned from it too. The combination of great discussion of options, and the heightened awareness that everything you do will affect the next poor soul on the roster, makes for a real education. I'm already feeling the effect, having started GOTM25 with renewed determination yesterday. I am trying to keep the same sense of responsibility for each ten turn sequence, but the schitzophrenia involved is making my head ache.

We made a good team with lots of complementary skills and experience. I think the excellent result reflects that mix, and the fact that we all kept our collective eye on the ball very well indeed. I look forward to meeting you all again, either as colleagues or competitors, in SG24 or in future SGs.

Thank you all, very much.

May I congratulate all on an amazing game.

I echo the thought that there is so much to learn - I still have not got my head round the full diplomacy angle - attacking a distant civ in alliance with a potentially hostile civ was a revelation. I need to think harder about when / who to make peace deals with.

Militarily the key is concentrate your forces (text book stuff) to role over cities in one turn. I've tried Crackers halloween game with the mongol hordes (recommend it) and will have to re-run it as I was not very good.

Missed out on SG24 (too slow) but will follow the teams progress with interest (I'll be able to follow both PTW & 1.29 threads simultaneously).

Originally posted by MacBaldrick
Missed out on SG24 (too slow) but will follow the teams progress with interest (I'll be able to follow both PTW & 1.29 threads simultaneously).
Look again. Your name is down for Roster B. They built another team.

See you in SG24 - as a competitor this time :thumbsup:

The GOTM23 results are out. We were around 22nd on the Jason score sheet, and there were only 8 Open results higher than ours, two of which were conquest victories. A great team effort, everyone :thumbsup:

Top Bottom