Just Curious

Originally posted by TedJackson
I'd like to see 2 PTW teams this time round (in addition to any vanilla Civ teams) - that way we'd know for sure that playing vanilla Civ is an exploit :D
Shock! Horror! How could you even think such a thing!? :p

We'll know more about which version, if any, is the exploit when we find out who actually wins MB4. To keep Team MB4A on its toes, I estimated the end date difference represented by the currently published score differentials. PTW only have to beat MB4A by 25 turns to wipe out our score difference, and that's a pretty small margin at this stage in the game, when our tech and military progress may have diverged quite widely. I'm not betting money on any team right now, though I'm quietly confident of our inate superiority :rolleyes:

Just dangling worms (or casting maggots) :D

Ted

Right! And I was the early bird ;)

[EDIT] Rising to the bait again, as well as mixing metaphors into a frenzy :p, the GOTM 25 results show that the top 25% of the entries contained 25% of the PTW entries and 24% of the Civ3 entries, indicating a negligible difference in overall performance between the two groups. If you want to find a disproportionate group then note that 50% of the Mac players in that game were in the top 25%. Since they play the same game version as the PC 1.29f players the Mac players clearly demonstrated superior game skills on that occasion. :D

I think I would like to play whichever civ was Xerses in GOTM 25 or Rome in GOTM26.
Persia I like so we knock out the Han and Egypt + the immortals if we have them.
Rome to start on the other continent, like GOTM24 Redux, and the Legionaires. I have yet to play Rome.
I'm wondering if I load up the start in Conquests if I can get the world seed number and then somehow restart with that seed number with Rome. I think I'll need to add some text to pedialicons and units art folders but maybe it could be done. I'll try, perhaps tonight, after I'm finished with GOTM27. I should have a diplo win in 4 turns. Crappy finish date again though. I think I'm up to 1812AD.:(

I would be interested to play SG GOTM 25 and 26. If I can find the time to play. I had ambitions of playing GOTY 27...but a new position at work has bogged me down with RL obligations for the last weeks....

I guess I'll give GOTY27 a shot over the next week, and see if I find the time to enter one of the SG games...

Hi guys,

due to circumstances beyond my control I find myself unable to organise or play in the proposed game.

Sorry.

Ted

:(

Does anyone fancy playing the Babylon deity settlers game. GOTM14?

I've often wondered how I would fare in that game.

Originally posted by Karasu
Sorry to hear that.
We will find someone to bring the game along, but we will miss you... :)
Thanks for that.

Ted

Babylon sounds good to me. Bring me my Bow...

Ted

Will you set it up then Ted?
The save is difficult to find so I'll give it >>here<<

It's a vanilla game and I would hope we get enough players for a couple of teams.

I game for this.

I got killed in GOTM 14, but like to think I've learned a lot since then. It will be strange to play without PTW additions.

If we get enough people, I'd like to rematch the teams from GOTM 24 :D

Sounds fine to me.

I'll organise a thread tomorrow.

Ted

Never played GOTM 14. BTW, I'm still trying to use conquests to save the world seed of map from GOTM25. Then perhaps a scenario can be created putting the Mongols where Germany started. Hoping to test it this weekend.

Originally posted by denyd
If we get enough people, I'd like to rematch the teams from GOTM 24 :D
Glutton for punishment, eh?

I'm up for it. I wasn't even "born" as a CivFanatic when 14 happened, so it's all mythology to me. I had a quick look at some of the historical records, though, and it looks like a Deity death trap, so it won't take long :rolleyes:

I'm in.

Should we put some restrictions on the game like LK or RB rules?

Top Bottom