unit upkeep

hema80

Chieftain
Another question about the very confusing economic advisor.

"0 gold for 0 units (free support for 16)"
"0 gold for 1 military units (free support for 2)"

this means I have 16 non military units and 3 military units, right?

Well I have total 1 worker, 1 scout, 1 archer and 1 warrior. I count to 4 units total, 2 non military and 2 military.

No. In another game the advisor said this:

"11 gold: Unit cost for 11 units (free support for 55)
0 gold: Military unit cost for 40 units (free support for 18)"

And someone in this forum said that I had 66 units and 58 military units. I think someone wrote a guide about the advisor (that really says it all). The advisor is crazy!

Well by my reckoning the first one indicates you have 4 units, which is less than 16 and so are supported free. The second line indicates that 3 are military units, but thanks to your civics, they still cost nothing to maintain (NOT due to the free support indicated). The second set does make sense after ploughing through the guide. You have 66 units in total, but thanks to free support you're only paying for 11 of them. Of these 58 are military, but you only pay maintenance on 40 due to free units. As you are not running pacifism, you have already paid for them under the unit costs, so they still cost nothing. This military line will always read zero unless you are running pacifism.

Can't see why you're getting so wound up about it though, if you don't want to play a game then that's fair enough, but why are you bothered by a little thing like this?

hema80 is correct.

The advisor's wording is misleading. I also didn#T get it until someone explained it to me.

I wouldn't (frankly I couldn't ;) ) quit playing because of quirks like this, but I'd welcome any improvement.

I get really annoyed when I cant figure this out. Mmm, make sense now. :)

Yeah, they could have done the advisor better (after all someone had to write a guide for it).

Top Bottom