Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

I can outline my goals for the presidency if need be?

Apart from getting re-elected? :p

Seriously, have we even met all teams? What do we know about all teams? Who do we want to ally, who not?

We don't know anything yet!

How about for now we just tell GCA that we are discussing their request? We can get back to them before their turn and it won’t even matter except that we can tell them that we were conscious of the time limit and so worked rapidly to respond before their turn and not cost them any unnecessary delay.

I think that is a compromise between robboo and my positions.

Why dont we just let them in....Dont we have a warrior/scout in their territory. Whats fair for us is fair for them..dont you agree to that.
(or did I get my teams mixed up)

Fair would have been a plain in-game open border agreement. But instead they pulled out the lawyers and instead of quickly agreed to allow our warrior into their territory it took them two weeks IIRC. We got the treaty just before our turn so we didn't have as long to review it if we wanted to avoid any more delay, and we got permision just after our turn. Fairness would require that we be as nitpicky as them and use the treaty to our advantage if at all posable. We can try to force some more equitable open border deal and spare our navy any delay or we can try to make some point.

I DISAGREE..

if we have a warrior in their territory then we have to let their scout in. Other wise just cancel the OB in game and be done with it. Whats the point in not letting them in...only to nitpick back? What do we gain? We need not look at whats fair but what benefits us. Its a not beneficial to stop them since we can scout there area.

As far as the galley exploration....ask them now if its OK. Then we can go from there. If they say fine...then there isnt a issue. If they say NO then we can figure out how to proceed. BUT we have no "legal" argument since we have a true military unit in their territory.

Our warrior has actually moved out of their territory now, i can move it back in if need be.

1st CFC - GCA Border Treaty (~1400 BC)

The great people of Fanatica and the Gamecatcher Alliance agree to the following Border Treaty for mutual prosperity and cooperation.

1. Both teams agree to Open Borders for enhanced trade and economic cooperation.

2. All civilian units may enter and pass through opposite territory with a prior notification.

3. No military units may enter the opposite territory without explicit permission.

4. The desert landbridge counts as the extended border region between our people and is subject to points #2 and #3 as well, with the exception of a single scouting unit placed at maximum next to the opposite cultural border.
The acception of the in-game Open Borders will count as the full acception of this treaty.
For a prosperous cooperation!

This is the only law in the game, unfortunately there is no legal recourse to enforce it. It states that military units (which according to the civilopedia includes scouts) must have explicit permission. Period, no mention anywhere of permision being bilateral or requiring reciprocity. We should point out these omissions and just ask them to scratch the treaty and chart a course paved with real trust rather than legal loopholes.

I agree that they should have to request permission for their scout, however they have already done so- we shouldnt be intentionally making it more awkward.

Right they asked to move in...so whats the problem.

AGAIN what advantage do we get by telling them no. Its not like we have major secrets hiding in our borders. All we do is tick them off adn mayeb make them distrust us. Diplo is a two way street

Dear GCA,

We are considering your request to enter our territory, but guest units can not make sneak attacks like in civ 3 so why go through all this bother each time? If you agree that it would be much simpler to just allow free access then please accept our welcome and you need not wait on our formal permission.

In friendship,
CFC

Brilliant huh? Anyway that is the last I have to say on this matter, but whatever you decide do it in an email message. We need to make communication a habit to help prevent the dangers that spawn during long periods of silence.

P.S. I've PMed Classical Hero to see if he has time to come back as Foreign Minister or at least nominate a temp.

Dear GCA,

We are forced to poll your request to enter our territory as one of our more legal players has pointed out that in the civilopedia the scout is actually a military unit, but guest units can not make sneak attacks like in civ 3 so why go through all this bother each time? If you agree that it would be much simpler to just allow free access then please accept our welcome and you need not wait on our formal permission.

In friendship,
CFC

just edited what you said slightly 1889

BAT said:
Hi classical_hero,

We are happy to meet you on MSN, we'll be here for this meeting tuesday at
22h GMT.

Here is the MSN adress of Fingolfin, in case I'm not here : redoxnicolaprose
AT hotmail DOT fr

Members for this meeting have your adress, so we should meet without
problem.

Best regards,

Abukhir from BAT nation

Erm so CH can you attend?

I agree with the idea...and like the edited wording. :)

1889 that was brillant

Nice work BCLG. I guess you're good for something after all.

Thinking about it, i may be able to attend said meeting before, if GMT is British time right now anyways

Erm so CH can you attend?
Yes I will be able to attend this since the last attempt was when I was get my new computer. I suggested Tuesday/Wednesday my time, because I have that day off.

BTW, I was allow discussion to happen about how we are to respond to GCA treaty. I was in the camp that 1889 was, whereas there were those who disagreed with that view, so I wanted to get a full discussion. Also all this happened when I was either asleep or when I was at work, so it is only now that I can see the discussion. I will send the message to them, it is called Open Border Treaty.

Now I need to get some discussion with GWT.

ok well if by some miracle of god i finish this essay and am online, my email is BCLG100 AT hotmail DOT com

I will try and add all the relevent info about the various chatnames of the people of the other Teams for diplo purposes so that we have an easy source. Well I am having some time trying to find all of the relevant info, but I should have all those from BAT.

Just a quick note from the disagreeable folks in the legal department; GCA posted turn played at 8:42 AM Feb 4 and sent us a message about their scout on the same day. Just for the record that is not prior notification and therefore is a treaty violation.

Top Bottom