Useful Exploit/Cheat-ish Thing for RTW

kulade

Deity
One thing I've always hated about alliances is that you must lose of them when two of your friends go to war. But I found out when that annoying mandatory window pops up asking you to pick a side, you can minimize it with the quicksave shortcut (ctrl S) and then reload the game to make it disappear.

A nifty trick, go abuse the game with it. :)

I always found that alliances don't work that well. When that happens, my allies are usually far away from me so I don't really care or they are close to me so I would've started training troops so I will be prepared if they backstab me.

A useful exploit for Rome: Total War is to use a family member to buy up a lot of mercs, then take him back into a new city, and disband the mercs.

They go back into the population and you can rush a town to a small city pretty quick like that.

A useful exploit for Rome: Total War is to use a family member to buy up a lot of mercs, then take him back into a new city, and disband the mercs.

They go back into the population and you can rush a town to a small city pretty quick like that.
And as a bonus, your general gets a "mercenary captain" ancillary.

I can't even remember what that gives you, refresh my memory?

-isn't a huge fan of R:TW but had to play it for a while since M:TW was tripping out-

Your general gets +1 command, 10% discount on unit training cost, and 2% bonus on pillage. Quite useful.

Instead of mercs, make peasants on big cities that already are over populated, get them over to the small towns and disband them, they´ll add more to the population then redular units at a cheap price and you´ll be making population control manually, of course you are occuping a production spot, but from time to time its an excellent way to get all your cities to produce the elite units, not just 3 or 4.

Instead of mercs, make peasants on big cities that already are over populated, get them over to the small towns and disband them, they´ll add more to the population then redular units at a cheap price and you´ll be making population control manually, of course you are occuping a production spot, but from time to time its an excellent way to get all your cities to produce the elite units, not just 3 or 4.

Unless of course you're playing one of the mods that removes these units.

Top Bottom